Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Best Buy Coupons for this weekend!

rfduncan
08-30-07, 10:09 AM
Got an email with this PDF link attached - so anyone who didn't get them in the mail, now you TOO can join the fun! :D

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/external/emailpdf/082807_sept_ese_coupons.pdf

(I also just noticed these coupons are active NOW though 9/5 - not just the weekend like the snail mail versions!)

hotwls13
08-30-07, 10:43 AM
Nice! I may use this for the masters of horror box set!

Thanks!

Low RG
08-30-07, 10:47 AM
Thanks OP! On my way to Best Buy to combine with a $10 RZ certificate I just printed.

Trevor
08-30-07, 10:59 AM
Nice! I may use this for the masters of horror box set!

Thanks!
I'm going to try the same thing, but since it is on sale this week, OMMV.

JB7
08-30-07, 11:48 AM
I've had better luck using the coupon when I buy 1 item that isn't on sale. The computer doesn't know any better and will still take off the % the item. I've never had any luck otherwise using the coupon on sale items.

kenbenobi
08-30-07, 12:10 PM
I've had better luck using the coupon when I buy 1 item that isn't on sale. The computer doesn't know any better and will still take off the % the item. I've never had any luck otherwise using the coupon on sale items.
You mean you buy one item not on sale WITH a sale item, and the coupon will automatically work on both?

paulringodaman
08-30-07, 12:27 PM
thanks...i def. will find something to buy

Big Worms
08-30-07, 12:35 PM
Thanks. I am looking at buying a HDTV, but it is on sale. It would be nice if this coupon works with it.

Trevor
08-30-07, 12:40 PM
You mean you buy one item not on sale WITH a sale item, and the coupon will automatically work on both?
I think that is what they meant. I'll try a cheap normal priced DVD with the MoH boxset and see if it works.

hotwls13
08-30-07, 01:22 PM
I think that is what they meant. I'll try a cheap normal priced DVD with the MoH boxset and see if it works.

I plan to do the same, though I hate buying a movie not on-sale. Any suggestions as to a cheap regular priced DVD?

With my $10 SOE Cert I just got, I should be able to get MOH for $35. :)

Christi P
08-30-07, 01:35 PM
Does bestbuy.com ever have free shipping codes? Their shipping prices tend to be high.

kenbenobi
08-30-07, 01:58 PM
Does bestbuy.com ever have free shipping codes? Their shipping prices tend to be high.
They haven't had a free shipping offer on standard DVD's in a LONG time... They happen to have free shipping on HD and Blu Ray discs right now, as well as some other stuff. Every week they usually offer shipping on certain product lines. Here is the page with the free shipping offers:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat40200050017&type=category

Raw_and_Vital
08-30-07, 02:00 PM
Alright, just printed up this coupon. 10% off movies. I would like to also get the masters of horror collection. But the coupon says no newly released dvd's. So could someone please explain how this will work on the masters of horror collection.... thanks. if it ends up working for you guys some how, im going and using this tonight and buying it.

kenbenobi
08-30-07, 02:22 PM
Alright, just printed up this coupon. 10% off movies. I would like to also get the masters of horror collection. But the coupon says no newly released dvd's. So could someone please explain how this will work on the masters of horror collection.... thanks. if it ends up working for you guys some how, im going and using this tonight and buying it.
Um, read up a few lines. This was just discussed... Post #6 should clarify.

dnstapes
08-30-07, 02:22 PM
by chance, has anyone ever used one of these coupons for a refrigerator? it says that it is good on major and small appliances, but i just want to be sure what to expect.

Raw_and_Vital
08-30-07, 02:40 PM
ok, i did read post six but it still is unclear. buy 1 sale item and 1 non sale item. Is the masters of horror box set on sale or something? I didn't think it was on sale....

rfduncan
08-30-07, 02:45 PM
Specific items tend to have free shipping - but I have never seen a code. If there is one close by you can always choose "Pick Up" to have it waiting for you - of course these coupons are good "in store only" so maybe I'm not sure what you're asking.

Trevor
08-30-07, 02:56 PM
ok, i did read post six but it still is unclear. buy 1 sale item and 1 non sale item. Is the masters of horror box set on sale or something? I didn't think it was on sale....
Yes, new releases are almost always "on sale" the first week.

With everything at BB, YMMV may vary, so we all just have to try it and see what happens.

kenbenobi
08-30-07, 02:59 PM
Regular price is $69.99... so it is a VERY good sale ($20 off)

TheMovieman
08-30-07, 03:02 PM
I can't open the pdf file. I've tried on my PC and laptop but the Adobe image comes up but has to shut down due to an error. Anyone else having problems? It's the typical "[Program] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Trevor
08-30-07, 03:05 PM
I can't open the pdf file. I've tried on my PC and laptop but the Adobe image comes up but has to shut down due to an error. Anyone else having problems? It's the typical "[Program] has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Working fine for me right now, using Firefox.

alfredog1976
08-30-07, 03:12 PM

Try updating to latest version of Adobe, if you haven't already:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

TheMovieman
08-30-07, 03:19 PM
Try updating to latest version of Adobe, if you haven't already:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Nevermind: Just tried on IE and I still get an error. Oh well. Not that I need to spend money now :p

Thanks for the reply, though.

Loki
08-30-07, 03:49 PM
Thanks. I am looking at buying a HDTV, but it is on sale. It would be nice if this coupon works with it.

I find that I am able to use the coupon abiout 1/2 the time on sale items.

Trevor
08-30-07, 04:04 PM
Same here, YMMV is the rule at BB.

kenbenobi
08-30-07, 06:20 PM
Well, not this time... Even when purchasing with a regular price item, MOH came up at 49.99 with no discount (the other item was appropriately discounted). She scrutinized the coupon and said "is this a new release" to which I replied "um, I don't think so..." so she did a manual override and I got my 10% off. But YMMV on that. The coupon won't take it off automatically...

Trevor
08-30-07, 06:43 PM
Well, not this time... Even when purchasing with a regular price item, MOH came up at 49.99 with no discount (the other item was appropriately discounted). The coupon won't take it off automatically...
Same thing with me and Heroes.

gotrice487
08-30-07, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the coupons!

theMadness
08-30-07, 09:52 PM
Same here, YMMV is the rule at BB.

I've had pretty good luck with the 12% off coupons & sale items in the past. Most CSRs (or managers for that matter) don't even check.

hotwls13
08-31-07, 09:19 AM
MOH came up at 49.99 with no discount

Same with mine. I only brought MOH (nothing regular priced) and the guy scanned everything like three times before giving up and adjusting it to 10% off. So,

$44.99 (after 10% off) - $10 SOE Cert = $34.99 + tax

This was a blind buy, but $2.69 a movie is worth it.

kenbenobi
08-31-07, 01:54 PM
Same with mine. I only brought MOH (nothing regular priced) and the guy scanned everything like three times before giving up and adjusting it to 10% off. So,

$44.99 (after 10% off) - $10 SOE Cert = $34.99 + tax

This was a blind buy, but $2.69 a movie is worth it.
Same here... $34.99 and a blind buy. I saw 2 of the MOH episodes, but one was from S2 (Pelts--great episode!!!) so I figure it's pretty safe to say I will enjoy this set...

dsa_shea
08-31-07, 03:13 PM
I used it yesterday to get 6 bucks off of Warhawk for the PS3. Thanks OP!!!

Doctor Gonzo
08-31-07, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the coupon, rfduncan!

picked up Robocop steelbook for $17.99 and Running Man for $3.59!

dollfins1
08-31-07, 09:32 PM
i used the 12 % off to pick up the master of horror boxset. thanks!

duganrm
09-01-07, 11:21 PM
I used the e-mail coupon on a $30 game and 2 of the Gilligan's Island seasons a couple days ago (also used my 2 Summer of Savings certificates). Tonight I used the snail mail coupon on Crow: Complete Series, Kung Fu: Season 3, and Grandma's boy. I had no problems either time. I would have gotten the dvds either way so I was happy for the extra 10% off. :)

DJariya
09-02-07, 12:11 PM
Some Best Buy employees are sticklers to the coupon's guidelines and will not give the 10% off. I remember when these coupons first starting coming out, new releases were getting the discount as well....not anymore.

Cardsfan111
09-02-07, 12:24 PM
I used the coupon last night while buying a regular priced title at $23.99 and several sale items. When I left and had time to look at my receipt, I found that I had gotten 10% of a few of the sale items ($3.99 titles), but hadn't received it on the regular price title. :( I'll have to go back and get that fixed.

docdoowop
09-02-07, 01:38 PM
Picked up the on-sale Civil War and Modern Marvels History Channel boxes and they honored the coupon at two different stores.

docdoowop
09-04-07, 04:09 PM
Pretty funny. I received the coupons in the mail today, a day after they expire.

SlingshotBandit
09-04-07, 05:28 PM
The pdf file shows up as an error when I click on the link.

Can any kind soul create another link for the online coupon? :batting eyelashes:

Thanks! :)