Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Universal replacements in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-07, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Universal replacements in Canada?

Is there a way to get a replacement for a movie that won't play anymore here in Canada? I know that there's currently a service offered for US residents, but what about here in Canada?
Old 08-29-07, 11:43 AM

The two times I took advantage of Universal's Exchange program (Jurassic Park DTS and Back To The Future) I used the american number and both worked out for me, so unless they have changed (which I can't imagine) I would recommend using the U.S. contact information which I had success with.
Old 08-29-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by beetyke
The two times I took advantage of Universal's Exchange program (Jurassic Park DTS and Back To The Future) I used the american number and both worked out for me, so unless they have changed (which I can't imagine) I would recommend using the U.S. contact information which I had success with.
That number being??????????
Old 08-29-07, 01:55 PM

Jurrasic Park DTS was 972-293-5903 way back when it was released. Not sure if that exchange program is still active.

Back To The Future trilogy is 866-532-2202. Again, no guarantee it is active still.
Old 08-29-07, 07:22 PM

From Universal's website in Canada:

http://udvd.ca/en/faq/index.cfm

Answer:
In the event that your DVD is defective, please contact the retailer at which it was purchased so you can exchange it. We recommend bringing your receipt with you.If your efforts are unsuccessful, please feel free to follow the procedures detailed below:

1. Provide your complete mailing address, telephone number and the title of the disc to be replaced to the following email address: [email protected]
2. Use the prepaid envelope we will then send you to return your defected discs (no packaging).
3. Upon receiving the discs, we will send you the new replacement copies via mail immediately.

Please note: defectives are only replaced for consumers located within Canada who have purchased DVDs within Canada.