Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Ex'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-24-07, 02:16 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

I read Eric D. Snider's DVD review of The Ex at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=30017 and...that's weird Eric because the scene you mentioned..."I specifically remember one early scene that has been removed, a slapstick-y bit at the hospital when Sofia is in labor and Tom is looking for an anesthesiologist. (I even mentioned it in my review as an example of the out-of-place wackiness. Apparently someone else thought so, too.)"
It had Romany Malco from "40 Year-Old Virgin" right? It was in my rental copy from BBV. Weird.

Last edited by OldBoy; 08-24-07 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-24-07, 02:19 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird. Did you rent the unrated widescreen edition, or was it the fullscreen? Maybe the fullscreen is the original theatrical cut?
Old 08-24-07, 02:21 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts
Originally Posted by EricDSnider
Weird. Did you rent the unrated widescreen edition, or was it the fullscreen? Maybe the fullscreen is the original theatrical cut?
Def. not FS and i remember it saying PG-13 (was that the original rating?), not Unrated on it, it was 89 minutes and BBV is touting as "Exclusive" Rental from them. perhaps the exclusive is the WS threatrical which is very odd.
Old 08-24-07, 07:11 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another reader has just e-mailed me to say the version he rented also had 20 deleted scenes rather than just 8. I'm making an addition to my review to reflect the different versions that are out there.