Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

My Mii Manager - Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Mii Manager - Is it worth it?

Anyone pick this up? My girlfriends favorite part of the Wii (other that kicking my ass at bowling) is making the little Mii characters. Is this worth the $20? Does it giVe you more options for designing the characters? There doesn't seem to be many reviews on this.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-07, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wouldnt recommend this program at all. it's just a PC program that offers you a way to edit your mii further than the wii will let u. but you can't transfer the Mii back to your wii, so it's kind of pointless.
Old 08-20-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
i wouldnt recommend this program at all. it's just a PC program that offers you a way to edit your mii further than the wii will let u. but you can't transfer the Mii back to your wii, so it's kind of pointless.
Wow. That is just stupid. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-20-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Wait, I thought it came with a Bluetooth attachment so you could transfer Miis back and forth from your Wii by way of the remote which has Bluetooth capabilities? Or was that another Mii Manager program?
Old 08-20-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Wait, I thought it came with a Bluetooth attachment so you could transfer Miis back and forth from your Wii by way of the remote which has Bluetooth capabilities? Or was that another Mii Manager program?
That is how I thought it worked. For $20, I figured my girl would get a kick out of changing her characters clothes, etc. If you can only adjust the appearance on your PC though then it does seem pointless. Probably the reason they included the "mini games".
Old 08-21-07, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I think the bluetooth thing let's you transfer FROM your wii, but not TO your wii. Nintendo really needs to come out with an updated Mii channel.
Old 08-21-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nintendo really needs to come out with an updated Mii channel.
They've hinted at some interesting updates concerning Mii design correlating to Animal Crossing.
Old 08-21-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the bluetooth thing let's you transfer FROM your wii, but not TO your wii. Nintendo really needs to come out with an updated Mii channel.
Not true. I have downloaded several Mii's to my laptop from the internet, turned on Bluetooth, connected my Wii remote, moved the Mii's to the remote then dragged them from the remote onto my Wii console through the Mii Channel. Google it - there's tons of stuff out there to show you how to do it.

Only reason this wouldn't work to bring the mod'ed Mii's back would be that the program changes attributes not supported on the Wii (like clothes). I agree that the Mii "design" options could be enhanced a little with an upgrade.