Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Used United 93 2-disk at Netflix $5.99

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-07, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used United 93 2-disk at Netflix $5.99

Netflix has the OOP 2 disk United 93 for 5.99 used.
Old 08-20-07, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Pretty nice deal.

Does Netflix have any type of stickers on the actual DVDs and/or do they include the original packaging?
Old 08-20-07, 09:13 AM

I ordered Dead Man's Shoes from them and it didn't have any flaws on it, had I not known it was used I would have guessed it was a new copy just unwraped. I'm guessing the cases are just stored somewhere since they dont ship the rentals in them.
Old 08-20-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where can one find the USED DVD section on the the website?
Old 08-20-07, 09:56 AM

If you are a member log in and on the top there is a tab that says DVD sale 5.99.
Old 08-20-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 148 Likes on 95 Posts
If someone would be willing to pick this up for me, I would greatly appreciate it. E-mail or PM me to work something out. Thanks!
Old 08-20-07, 12:38 PM
Cool New Member

It's a good deal, but it does NOT come with the original packaging, if Netflix is consistant. I tried emailing them a couple times about the War of the Worlds 2-disc, but they gave me vague, contradicting answers, like "it comes in the original keep case with original art work." I decided to bite the bullet recently and order the Cinderella Man 2-disc for $5.99. Instead of the fancy 2-disc CE sold in stores, I got two discs in a regular amaray case. And to top it off, they're both single-sided, and I believe that the first disc was double-sided, with extras, at retail.

Not to say the deal isn't worth it. If you want the features, it's probably a great deal. Just don't expect the same thing you'd get at retail.
Old 08-20-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just bought Hard Candy from Netflix, and it'll be the last I buy. The packaging was fine, but the disc itself is heavily scratched/scuffed. I haven't tested it yet, so it may play fine, but if your player has any sensitivity at all, I would advise against it. Take a look at any DVD you rent online or in a video store -- that's what you'll get.
Old 08-20-07, 01:16 PM
Banned

Most used disks ive got from Netflix have been in very good condition including the 2-disk War of the Worlds. However The WS hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy i ordered from them was pretty scratched.
I did order the 2-disk United 93 because it looks like a pretty good deal though.
Old 08-20-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Already own the 1-disc version but I decided it was worth $6 for the extra disc. I've only bought one other DVD from Netflix and it came in good condition. I'll just sell off disc one which will bring down the cost of disc 2.
Old 08-23-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, got it in the mail and whoops, they sent me the 1-discer. So I called their customer support and they're sending another with with the bonus disc this time...
Old 08-23-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i only got the 1 disc version as....time to cal
Old 08-23-07, 03:53 PM

yay, crappy single disc. LAME!! Plus I the local used cd store had the single disc of united 93 for $2.50 in a bbv case. Guess I'll call customer service too.

UPDATE:
Just got off the phone with them. Told the guy the problem and at first he says "Whne there's a bonus disc, we usually don't send it." To which I had to point out that it is advertised as including a bonus disc. He literally says "really?!" and then starts looking it up. this is then followed by an "oh, i guess it does."
In the end they are sending me through a comped order for the 2 disc and i get to keep the single discer.

Who wants to take bets that I'll just be getting another copy of the 1 disc with an extra copy of the regular disc as the "bonus", leaving me with 3 copies?

Last edited by pie-crust; 08-23-07 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-23-07, 04:46 PM
Banned

Yep I got the one disk. I called and from what it sounded like they will send me a copy of the bonus disk.
Hopefully it'll be the bonus disk and not another copy of the movie.
Old 08-23-07, 06:04 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
They told me its a known issue and they will let me know in a few days what they will do.
Old 08-23-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they said they would send me the 2 disc version and I am supposed to send the 1 disc back when it arrives
Old 08-23-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by the narrator
they said they would send me the 2 disc version and I am supposed to send the 1 disc back when it arrives
That's strange... They told me just to keep the one I got.
Old 08-23-07, 06:48 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Interesting they are reshipping yours since they would only give my problem to the superviser. They said that they havent worked out this issue yet. So if they reshipped now you would get another 1 disk as they all appear to be 1 disks.
Old 08-23-07, 07:31 PM

Same thing happened to me (1 disc). Can someone post their #?
Old 08-23-07, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by g
Interesting they are reshipping yours since they would only give my problem to the superviser. They said that they havent worked out this issue yet. So if they reshipped now you would get another 1 disk as they all appear to be 1 disks.
The guy I talked to also talked to a supervisor and said it will be sent out today. Who knows what I'll get...
Old 08-24-07, 02:50 PM
Cool New Member

I, too, recieved the 1 disc version of United 93 in the mail today, instead of the 2 disc version.

I just got off the phone with Netflix, and the csr put me on hold while she checked into the matter. After a long wait, she returned to tell me that this has indeed been a problem the last several days regarding this particular title, with many complaints logged. She said, though, unfortunately it is a website error - not a shipping error, and the 2 disc version is NOT available. I was offered a full refund of $6.35 to my Visa as well as keeping the DVD due to the misunderstanding. Of course, I took 'em up on that :-)

But one thing doesn't make sense. If the 2 disc version is NOT available for purchase, why is it available as a Rental? And, if they have a 1 disc version for purchase as previously viewed, where is the 1 disc version available for renting? Now, I know the 1 disc version is the same (well, most of the time they are) as disc 1 of the 2 disc version, but if they have both versions in their warehouse(s) or inventory, etc., then it would seem that they would have both show up in search results on the rental page. So that means in their warehouse(s) somewhere, are both versions, both cases sitting side by side, and I just don't understand that.

But one comment did flabbergast as well as make me laugh. The csr did say that if I was interested in seeing what was on the bonus disc, that it was available for renting. Oh boy!

I am left with one conclusion though! Maybe they have become aware of the fact that the 2 disc version of United 93 is now OOP, and will ask much more for it, or will be selling them off under a pseudonym over on Ebay for a nice price down the road. Well, I know I can be a lil paranoid.... ;-)
Old 08-24-07, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

Received 695 Likes on 465 Posts
Weird. I just got off the phone with them. She confirmed that the order should have included the bonus disc. She told me they would be sending out a new set that will include the bonus disc immediately.

She told me to just keep the disc I already have. She said something like "Go ahead and keep the copy we sent you earlier in case the next one breaks or something".

Who knows
Old 08-24-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, it looks like some might get screwed over on this. Mine shipped today so I'll find out tomorrow if they indeed sent the bonus disc...
Old 08-24-07, 04:13 PM

I also received the 1-disc (in original case). The CSR didn't seem aware that this had been a problem for others. (I wonder how many were ordered ... or how many CSRs Netflix has.) The 2-disc set was never to have been offered for the $5.99. She said they'd credit my account and that I should return the disc (not the case) inside one of the normal return envelopes from a rental disc. Thanks to the OP for the opportunity; too bad it didn't work for anyone, though.
Old 08-27-07, 03:27 PM
Banned

Those bastards sent me another copy of United 93 disk 1. (in unplayable shape)
I am so pissed now i dont know what I'm gonna do. Last time i order from Netflix.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.