Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Land of the Giants - The Full Series'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-18-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read John Sinnott's DVD review of Land of the Giants - The Full Series at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29883.

Thanks for the great review, John! You hit it right on the head about the late, great Irwin Allen. I miss innocent, entertaining movies and TV shows like his.

That price scares me, but based on your review (and the fact that you got the screener copy and not me, you lucky bastard), I'm currently rifling through the kids' piggy banks.
Old 08-18-07, 07:59 PM
Defunct Account

Thanks Paul, I'm glad you liked the review. I'm a big Allen fan. I still remember the first time I saw Lost in Space. I was very sick with the flu and my mom let me watch TV in the afternoon something she otherwise wouldn't have let me do. LiS came on and for half an hour I forgot I was sick. I was totally engrossed.

Yeah, the price on this set is pretty steep. Unfortunately that will prevent a lot of people from buying this set who would have otherwise given it a try. I can only assume that Fox didn't think they'd sell enough at $40/half season, like the other Allen shows cost, to make enough money.

I hear that they are going to restore Lost in Space next. I wonder how they are going to release that. If it's the whole thing in a 1 1/2 foot diameter model of the Jupiter 5, I'll be waiting in line!
Old 08-18-07, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds good; I think we only bought the first set of Lost and Space, and became discouraged and quit with the subsequent split seasons.

Personally, I'm waiting for Allen's The Swarm "Beehive Full 'O Fun" Limited Edition, and the "Fully Active, Waiting to Explode" When Time Ran Out Special Collectors Set.

Old 09-06-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
Thanks for the great review! This is Amazon's deal of the day for just 99.99. Details are in the bargain forum:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=511138

My patience for waiting for the best price has been rewarded!
Old 09-06-07, 05:42 PM
Defunct Account

Wow! Good deal on the set. Hope you got one Rick.
Old 09-06-07, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by videophile
Wow! Good deal on the set. Hope you got one Rick.
I did! Of course now the MSRP will probably be cut next month, but this is a price I can live with.
Old 09-06-07, 06:58 PM

Cool. I just saved $85!!!

I took the one I bought at BB back last week. Decided $185 was just too much money.

I figure "IF" they were to release this later in 1/2 seasons for $20-$25 each you are right at $80-$100. Plus you get the cool case and misc toys.

It won't last long at this price.