Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Is this the final season for Entourage?????

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 09:54 PM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts

Dark Horizons just posted this:

"Meanwhile Piven adds that there's talk of a movie version of HBO's "Entourage" now that the series is coming to a close - "Ultimately, it would be fun to make a movie. That would be fun — 'Entourage: The Movie' would be really fun."

He also dropped a hint about what's coming up soon in the show's final few episodes - "With 'Entourage,' we have the last three episodes coming up, and we're gonna end with such a bang. We were over shooting in Cannes and we'd do guerilla-style; we'd just take a camera and run."

God I hope not...I just got into this show and watched the first four seasons now in the span of about 3 weeks! Please tell me its not ending already!
Old 08-17-07, 10:10 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was just announced by HBO that both Entourage and Flight of the Conchords were renewed for new seasons.

Link to Renewal Story

Last edited by sb5; 08-17-07 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is the first I've heard of it, but if it's true, that sucks. It's just stupid fun entertainment; why would they stop making it?
Old 08-17-07, 10:25 PM
Banned

maybe because it stinks
Old 08-17-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

See the second post, HBO has renewed the series for a fifth season and it sounds like they don't plan on ending it anytime soon with there comment about its renewal being a "no brainer"...
Old 08-18-07, 07:11 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Turtle and E hosted the Jim Rome radio show on Wednesday, and Mark Wahlberg called in...they sure sounded like it could go on for quite some time. Probably doesn't cost a ton to make, all the younger actors seem thrilled with the job, and HBO needs something for the younger crowd.

While Piven is really important to the show, I could see it go on without him for a season or two if he decided to leave. It wouldn't be quite the same, but as long as Drama is around and they get a decent replacement for Piven, things could be OK.
Old 08-18-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick

While Piven is really important to the show, I could see it go on without him for a season or two if he decided to leave. It wouldn't be quite the same, but as long as Drama is around and they get a decent replacement for Piven, things could be OK.
Maybe Piven could star in the prequel to Smokin' Aces! Or Judgment Night: The Day Before.

I enjoy Entourage and would hate to see it go anytime soon.
Old 08-19-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I understand that Piven is a world class asshole off-camera, but if he goes I have no doubt that this show will tank. He's the best thing about the show and it won't survive his departure.
Old 08-19-07, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I read the Dark Horizons story as well. I then scoured the net and found the renewal story. I originally heard that the show could go 8 seasons...
Old 08-19-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
I understand that Piven is a world class asshole off-camera, but if he goes I have no doubt that this show will tank. He's the best thing about the show and it won't survive his departure.
Isn't Ari a world class asshole on camera, too?

When I read this story on Friday, I got really freaked out but then went over to aintitcool and read that both this and Flight of the Concords got renewed so I was really happy again. It's gonna be a long wait til next year, though. So wasn't last season like almost twenty episodes with the break? Is the season finale coming up or is it going to be another break until it resumes in next spring?
Old 08-19-07, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by dcprules
Isn't Ari a world class asshole on camera, too?

When I read this story on Friday, I got really freaked out but then went over to aintitcool and read that both this and Flight of the Concords got renewed so I was really happy again. It's gonna be a long wait til next year, though. So wasn't last season like almost twenty episodes with the break? Is the season finale coming up or is it going to be another break until it resumes in next spring?

There will probably be a long break, but when the show resumes it will likely be labeled Season 5. They split season 3 so they could run the episodes with Sopranos. And probably so they could make more money off of us from dvd sales, too!
Old 08-19-07, 08:58 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

It's pretty much the best thing HBO has going on right now. Sopranos is over, Deadwood, Extras, and Rome are gone, Conchords and Big Love are building an audience but aren't huge yet, John from Cincinatti pretty much tanked... The Wire and Curb Your Enthusiam are solid, but neither is enough to build hits around.
Old 08-19-07, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
It's pretty much the best thing HBO has going on right now. Sopranos is over, Deadwood, Extras, and Rome are gone, Conchords and Big Love are building an audience but aren't huge yet, John from Cincinatti pretty much tanked... The Wire and Curb Your Enthusiam are solid, but neither is enough to build hits around.
Yea, I suppose Entourage is a more popular show than Curb, but I think Curb is the better of the two. Love both, though!
Old 08-20-07, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Wire alone is 100 times better than Entourage. ‘Curb’ also beats Entourage out of the park & I’ve only seen 5 episodes of ‘Curb’.
Old 08-20-07, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by xfilefanfreak
maybe because it stinks

thread crapping is frowned upon here mr. troll.
Old 08-20-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by awil1026
They split season 3 so they could run the episodes with Sopranos. And probably so they could make more money off of us from dvd sales, too!
Please! Every time an HBO show has an extended season they split the DVD sets into two parts - see final seasons of Sex and the City and The Sopranos.

I like this show well enough, but I think it is running thin on central premise to the point of being tedious. This whole past season I have found myself waiting until I've built up several episodes on Tivo before committing to watching them. Each episode seems too short to watch by itself because it seems to take forever for something substantial to happen. Big Love and Curb Your Enthusiasm on the other hand are never not watched immediately!
Old 08-20-07, 09:32 AM

well im glad it got picked up for another season, it is always fun to watch, so happy it will keep going.
Old 08-20-07, 07:19 PM
Mod Emeritus

maybe because it stinks
xfilefanfreak, threadcrapping is against forum rules. If you aren't interested in the topic, then please don't post in the thread.
Old 08-21-07, 01:27 PM
wiz

I do think that it would be great if they could make the show 45 minutes long though instead of just a bit over 30 minutes. I know they are trying to keep it short, but this is one of those shows that actually keeps my wife's interest and keeps her awake...if it was a bit longer they could pack in so much more stuff!
Old 08-21-07, 02:44 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I disagree I think the under 30min running time is perfect - although I'll make a hypocritical statement and say that I record two and watch them back to back
Old 08-21-07, 02:53 PM

I'd like to see the episodes hover around 30 minutes. Too often, we get 22-24 minute episodes.
Old 08-21-07, 04:47 PM

maybe because it stinks
Exactly.
Old 08-21-07, 04:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Remarkable that you guys have watched every episode of a show that you think "stinks".
Old 08-21-07, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flave

what did he do to make him an asshole off camera? i bet there is a good story here.

It definitely sounded like he was done after the episode "sorry ari"

Spoiler:

he could come back as a rival agent and try to screw with the 4 main characters
Old 08-21-07, 05:31 PM

I quit watching after last season, until then it had its moments.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.