Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Shadowrun Thread (PC, 360)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Official Shadowrun Thread (PC, 360)

The rules of combat have changed, and it's a breath of fresh air in a genre that is normally stale.

...Advanced technology and ancient magic combine for a high-velocity tactical action experience. / Rated M: Mature

Shadowrun is the new multiplayer first-person shooter (FPS) based on the classic RPG franchise. Team-based combat shoots into a new dimension, with a revolutionary blend of modern weaponry and ancient magic. After a 5,000 year absence, magic has returned to the world of 2021. Global corporations are in a war to to harness this reawakened power. Be a part of the RNA global megacorp and bring order (and profit) into a world of chaos, or join the Lineage to keep magic wild and free at all costs. Choose a side and wage war for the future of magic in the new world of Shadowrun. Up to 16 players battle for control of this new world through Windows Vista's Xbox 360-to-Windows Vista online compatibility.
Ancient magic co-exists with deadly high-tech weaponry: Purchase advanced technology and magic each round in an extraordinary arms race
Balance your teams by using the talents of humans, elves, dwarves and trolls in your battles for supremacy among soaring corporate towers
Train offline with the robust A.I. or play coop through online mini-games with your friends, as you master magic and technology
Take on friends or work with them via System Link, Splitscreen, LAN, or Xbox Live
Old 08-17-07, 10:18 AM

anyone else have or play this? I think its seriously under rated and I have absolutely love the new battle elements
Old 08-17-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have been playing it for about a month on 360. Highly addictive game play, but the community can sometimes suck. Between the team killers and the 12 yr olds spouting racial slurs, it can sometimes get highly annoying. I find it not to be as much of a problem once your "true skill" gets higher and you get matched with better players.
My gamer tag is Draginous if someone wants to make a party some time.
Old 08-17-07, 10:35 AM

awesome, Ill write it on my hand or something.

I've been playing this on a daily basis and FINALLY getting the hang of this game. I've started leaning towards elves and dwarves
Old 08-17-07, 12:42 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been playing since I got in the beta late on my 360. I have yet to randomly get in a game with people. I usually get people on my friends list and we all play on the same team against 8 bots with bots filling in empty slots on our team.

Fun game and the different abilities and spells make combat fun.
Old 08-17-07, 12:45 PM

i've had a lot of luck using the elf, w/ katana, smoke, and teleport. Its pretty easy to sneak up on someone, slice them, then smoke it the hell out of there till you can find a secure location and get your health back
Old 08-17-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Realllly love this game. I've tried getting my friends into it but they just don't get it. Very under-rated. In fact, I might load it up a little later today...

My gamertag is in my sig!
Old 08-17-07, 02:19 PM

well, everyone add me (KurrptSenate) and send an invite or something. I need more excuses to play this game
Old 08-17-07, 02:22 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Added. I also have the Shadowrun fever achievement. So anyone in a game with me has an opportunity to get it.
Old 08-17-07, 02:32 PM

what exactly is it?

last achievement i got was for resurrecting a shitload of people. it's become my first purchase of each match. not only don't people expect rezzes on match one, but it makes it easy to make "friends" off the bat, which in turn means you're more like to come back after dying, but you also get a ton of extra money
Old 08-17-07, 02:37 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

You have to teabag someones dead body, who has the achivement, 3 times to get the achievement yourself. I think it has to be in a public game open to anyone. I tried to get it originally in just a private game with friends and was unsuccessful.
Old 08-17-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Vryce
You have to teabag someones dead body, who has the achivement, 3 times to get the achievement yourself. I think it has to be in a public game open to anyone. I tried to get it originally in just a private game with friends and was unsuccessful.
I never teabag anyone and I got the Shadowrun fever. So it's not a STD. Must be transmitted some other way.

I rented this twice, paid rental late fees, and rented it from gamefly before finally giving in and buying it last week for $40 used. Now I remember why I never rented games.

I like it. It's my 3rd 360 game

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 08-17-07 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-17-07, 02:50 PM

I own but I suck, so I just run around and rez everyone with the Elf.
Old 08-17-07, 02:56 PM

someone needs to start talking about more strategies. Besides what I've been doing lately, I really haven't found much else that works for me

Dwarf + shooting ability + shotgun was working fairly well for a while, but I still rely on SMOKE a lot
Old 08-17-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the more open maps, I prefer an Elf + Glider + Teleport combo, coupled with SmartLink and the Submachine Gun. I always try and keep Resurrect in my inventory too...

As for closed in-door maps, I like Elf + Teleport + Res + Grenades... and eventually replace my grenades with SmartLink.
Old 08-17-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a lot better when I stopped messing with fancy weapons.

I stick with a Human with Smartlink & grenades and an SMG and maybe a Shotgun. The last spot varies, either Gust, Summon, Tree, etc. I equip Rez only on an as-needed basis.

Most of the time I run Gust for that slot. Nasssssty elfses and their nassty elf smoke! Nothing better than killing elf ninjas!
Old 08-17-07, 03:06 PM

once I "discovered" smart link, thats really I was buying, but lately, I've had more luck with smoke, grenades, katana, and possibly teleport for those really hairy situations.

shit, now I'm all excited to play again tonight. I should be on in like 2 hours
Old 08-17-07, 03:09 PM

thats exactly why I use teleport (anti-gust)
Old 08-17-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
thats exactly why I use teleport (anti-gust)
Teleporting ninjas are much tougher to kill. There were 4 of us chasing a teleporting elf ninja around one of the maps for almost 2 minutes.

Still, gust is easier. Teleport doesn't always get you far enough away.
Old 08-17-07, 03:19 PM

i have very little experience with gust. I just haven't taken the time to get aclimated with it, and find what situations i think it's best used for (besides smoky ninja elf bitches)
Old 08-17-07, 03:23 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I love taking gust when it seems a lot of people are using smoke.

I usually pick up resurrect first round and gust when I can afford it. I love hearing the other team get upset(if I am playing against humans and not just bots) when I gust their smoked body.

I also gusted a non smoked bot off a map once. He was on a platform at the edge of a map on top of a building. There is a fence there to mark the map boundary. I gusted him on to the other side of the fence and he fell and died.
Old 08-17-07, 03:25 PM

awesome

i guess it just never arose that it would be the obvious choice (gust) in a situation where everyone is using smoke.
Old 08-17-07, 06:12 PM

I have had this game for close to 2 months from Gamefly it is a very fun game once you get into it. I really need to just buy it. If anyone wants to add me send an invite game tag below. I just can't play though until I get my 360 back though.

Last edited by 1998Nole; 08-17-07 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-18-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Same here. I have had the game from Gamefly for 2 months now as well and would love to get more games in. Every time i start to give up and return the game for something else I throw it in for one last spin and realize how fun it is.

I just wish it was cheaper.
Old 08-19-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there anyone here playing it that is familiar with the actual Shadowrun RPG? Shadowrun has a history of poor translation to console (worse than the D&D games before Baldur's Gate), so I'm wondering if this is actually Shadowrun or if they made a generic FPS, threw in a few elves and dwarves, and slapped the Shadowrun name on it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.