Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Deals at Giant Eagle

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Deals at Giant Eagle

Old 08-15-07, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deals at Giant Eagle

Noticed a new DVD display at Giant Eagle tonight. There are three price categories of movies, each with a discount.

I picked up one from the lowest - got U-571 for $2.95 - which was $4 off the regular price of $6.95.

Might be worth a look.
Old 08-15-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I must say it was a bit of a culture shock for me when I walked into the local Giant Eagle a few months back and saw the huge DVD section now stuck in the middle of the place. If they're going to start doing good deals on their DVDs, then I guess I'll have to start volunteering to do the shopping instead of the wife.

Last edited by Pizza; 08-15-07 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-15-07, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One can really work Giant Eagle if you're good. They offer .20 off per gallon of gas for every $50 you spend in the store. Use their gift cards every time you shop at sears, pizza hut, dicks, home depot and a host of other places.

Buying an appliance? Imagine how much you'll get off your next tank of gas. (BTW, Home Depot gives an extra 10% off appliances if you find them cheaper elsewhere)

You can buy up to 30 gallons of gas at a time (so make sure you're empty and have empty gas cans). Yesterday I bought 30 gallons of gas. Total cost: $0.00

Work the systems and save big!
Old 08-16-07, 09:11 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Wow, I shop at Giant Eagle all the time for groceries and hardly ever go in the DVD section. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-16-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah thanks, I mostly see new releases for $22.95, but there are those really cheap gems I will keep my eye out for!
Old 08-16-07, 11:51 AM

It may be set up differently at different locations, but at the one I was at - Leetsdale, PA - the sale displays like this one are set up inside the store, outside the entrance to the video department. Usually on cardboard racks, stands or bins.

To get the lowest price on these, like the $2.95 U-571, you have to use their "Advantage" card.
Old 08-16-07, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by kayak99
... They offer .20 off per gallon of gas for every $50 you spend in the store. ...
Actually, it's 0.10 off for every $50 you spend. However, they definitely more than make up for it by virtue of higher prices on many items than their competitors like Wal-Mart. Their sale items tend to be priced at or above others everyday prices. Great place to buy the gift cards though.
Old 08-16-07, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by hondo21
Actually, it's 0.10 off for every $50 you spend. However, they definitely more than make up for it by virtue of higher prices on many items than their competitors like Wal-Mart. Their sale items tend to be priced at or above others everyday prices. Great place to buy the gift cards though.
I do most of my grocery shopping there. Usually, I find their sale prices are sometimes at or maybe just below the regular price at a place like WalMart. But they do have many things that at regular price are a buck or two more.

I try to double up on their sales with coupons, which they double. I do pretty good that way.

And by shopping there, I don't have to go to the "human zoo" that is WalMart.
Old 08-17-07, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
... And by shopping there, I don't have to go to the "human zoo" that is WalMart.
Yes, but that's what my wife is for.

Actually, she's the one that got fed up with their grocery prices and started doing the primary shopping at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club. She usually goes early in week on a morning and it isn't so bad at that time. We do still get a few things at GE though, especially quick trips for a few items since it's closer to home.

By the way, I read last month that for rentals Iggle Video will soon be gone, replaced by kiosks ( http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07185/799303-28.stm )