DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : NFL Jersey deals?

Jim
08-15-07, 03:17 PM
What's the best deal you've found for NFL jerseys?

The best I've found is 20% off at Modell's (modells.com) using coupon MODLY07 and Dunham's using this link: http://www.couponcabin.com/s.jsp?f=89576g&h=so_87_89576_2007-08-15&afsrc=1

Shipping is $4.99 for a single jersey at Modell's and Dunham's.

Dick's has 15% off and free shipping on NFL jerseys using this link: http://www.couponcabin.com/s.jsp?f=78513g&h=sof_79_78513_2007-08-15_19_1034&afsrc=1

All of these places charge tax in CA, GA, IL, KY, MA and PA

For the $100 NFL Premier/EQT jerseys the deals seem to be equivalent. For the $75 replica jerseys Dick's seems to be about $1.25 cheaper.

Has anyone found anything better? Possibly another place that is about the same as the above but doesn't charge tax in California?

Updated:
Supposedly the following link will give 15% off jerseys at NFLShop.com from 8/16-8/19: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=Izl2yVCK278&offerid=115834.10000409&type=3&subid=0

They have free shipping on orders over $75 until the end of August, so for the Premier jerseys this is equivalent to the above deals.

kenbuzz
08-15-07, 11:24 PM
eBay. You can get some knock-offs from Asia for 80-90% less than the price of an authentic one from NFL.com or their authorized resellers. Yeah, you're supporting sweatshops and child forced labor camps, but a bargain is a bargain! :up:

Trevor
08-16-07, 08:07 AM
Sometimes the shops at the stadiums (or wherever team owned shops are) will have clearance sales. I once happened to be traveling in Minnesota when the Metrodome shop was having a huge clearance. I got Moss and Carter jerseys for $5 or $10 each (wish I had bought extras of Cris Carter's....)

This is random and YMMV, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

You might want to get on the mailing list of your favorite team's shop.

Me007gold
08-16-07, 09:59 AM
Sometimes the shops at the stadiums (or wherever team owned shops are) will have clearance sales. I once happened to be traveling in Minnesota when the Metrodome shop was having a huge clearance. I got Moss and Carter jerseys for $5 or $10 each (wish I had bought extras of Cris Carter's....)

This is random and YMMV, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

You might want to get on the mailing list of your favorite team's shop.

this is usualy after the player leaves to team tho...

Jim
08-16-07, 10:09 AM
I'm looking to get one of the new Chargers jerseys and didn't see any deals on eBay for them. Plenty of deals on the old style.

Trevor
08-16-07, 10:16 AM
this is usualy after the player leaves to team tho...
Usually, but in this case Moss was still there. I think it was right when CC retired.

Trevor
08-16-07, 10:42 AM
Just got an email 2 minutes ago from nflshop.com, they are having a 15% off sale for the next 4 days.

http://www.nflshop.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2237409

Doh! I just noticed that you edited this link into your original post, sorry.

Jim
08-16-07, 10:51 AM
^ No, that's good. Your post confirms it. I just saw it on a deal site yesterday but wasn't able to verify it. Thanks.

Edit: Unfortunately free shipping isn't available with the 15% off NFL Shop deal.

Jim
08-16-07, 11:12 AM
Oops, I did see a bunch of cheap jerseys from China on ebay with the new Chargers style, but I'll pass on those.

paulringodaman
08-16-07, 11:24 AM
thanks for the heads up...I always like to get classic players on my jerseys..so I will get me a Kosar jersey somehow

Jim
08-16-07, 12:55 PM
Just saw a new best deal at FW. Get 25% off at Sports Authority online using code FFTSA25. Shipping is $4.99. For the Premier jerseys it's about $5 cheaper than any other place. It makes the Premier jerseys $74.99 which is the regular price for the Replica jerseys.

bhome83
08-16-07, 10:03 PM
and how do you know that some of the jerseys on ebay are cheap china knockoffs? is there something i should look for?

RonBoster
08-16-07, 10:21 PM
You can buy players jersey's that have been traded to another team for cheap. Right now Trent Green and Dante Hall's KC jersey's sell for $10 on the Chief's store through their website. If all one is looking for is a jersey of "the team" that is a cheap way to "represent"

I "took a long position" on a Priest Holmes jersey for $20 a couple months ago...now it may pay off...if his comeback is successful

BustaCones
08-16-07, 11:00 PM
Right now you can use the code FFTSA25 for 25% off one item at sportsauthority.com

I haven't checked the prices but I know a friend of mine picked up an nfl jersey during the sale

-Mike

Jim
08-16-07, 11:04 PM
and how do you know that some of the jerseys on ebay are cheap china knockoffs? is there something i should look for?I saw a bunch that said they shipped from China. I think they were $9.99 w/$20+ shipping.

I ended up getting a Tomlinson Chargers Premier jersey from Sports Authority using the 25% off code. The navy blue Chargers jersey used to be my least favorite, but with the new style and trim it's my favorite of the 3 they use.

Jim
08-21-07, 12:17 PM
Now that I've already ordered one, I just saw some new codes at FW that will give you 30% off at Footlocker.com and champssports.com. Shipping appears to be $6.99. The codes are valid 8/23-8/26.

Footlocker code = FF7AL823
Champs code = FF7A6L26

cdollaz
08-23-07, 10:12 AM
You can get a really good deal on one of these:
http://www.prosportsmemorabilia.com/Images/Product/31-32/31-32550-F.jpg

Mavis
08-23-07, 12:56 PM
Came across this on the slickdeals website. You can navigate there if you want the printable coupons. I don't know what jersey selections they have, if any. But it's worth a look...

Footlocker has a new set of 30% off printable and online Family & Friends coupons available for all of its stores. You also get an extra 10% off if you spend a total of $100 or more (in-store only).

Online 30% off coupons
* Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker and Kids Foot Locker use code LKS1CP87
* Champs Sports use code LKS16FFB
* FootAction USA use code FF7A34L8

*Just realized I didn't see Jim's thread above with basically the same discounts, except for the FootAction USA one. I should really learn how to read better...

STR1PES
08-24-07, 08:11 AM
marshall's has jerseys (reebok)

The EQT's for 39.99 & The replicas for 24.99

I bought a Chad Johnson, Carson Palmer & TJ Houshmanzadeh (all EQT's) last year.

I went there about 3 days ago and All they had left was the replicas..but for 25 bucks it's a steal....Replicas are better for games anyways..For spilling hazards.

BTW I live in OHIO, so I'm assuming that other states will have their teams jerseys as well.

cb1
08-24-07, 02:55 PM
you can get really cheap official jerseys from AJ Wright and TJ Maxx.
most of them are outdated with the players no longer playing for that team.
but they do carry some current ones.
make sure you check for defects.

lewisb73
08-25-07, 09:54 AM
Heck I dont care if the ones from overseas are knock offs, the pictures looked damn good and they have real tags and everything is sewn on. Im sure that is where they actually make these.

I picked up a 75th anniversary Roethlisberger jersey
and a white away Farrior jersey for 60 bucks total shipped

Beats the hundreds alot of these other stores are charging

cupcake jesus
08-25-07, 10:07 AM
Heck I dont care if the ones from overseas are knock offs, the pictures looked damn good and they have real tags and everything is sewn on. Im sure that is where they actually make these.

I picked up a 75th anniversary Roethlisberger jersey
and a white away Farrior jersey for 60 bucks total shipped

Beats the hundreds alot of these other stores are charging

Nice -

I get most of my jerseys from eBay. I like to search for obscure mid-90s Steelers. I have Erric Pegram, Mike Vrabel, Dermontti Dawson, and Mike Tomczak Steeler replica jerseys, all in excellent condition. Dying to get a Chris Fuamatu-Maafala one.

Just picked up a white replica Plexico Burress, too. I think the 75th anniversary jerseys are kind of plain, but I'd like a Casey Hampton one.

cheers,

-the Jesus

Jim
08-25-07, 12:27 PM
How is the quality on those ones from China that you can get on eBay? The pictures look just like the Premier jerseys with the sewn on numbers. I saw some yesterday for only $30 total. Just got my LT Premier jersey yesterday which is very nice, but for $30 I'm considering a Brees jersey.

Decker
08-26-07, 08:10 PM
This thread got me checking ebay. There's this seller, sportsware08. He doesn't have the widest variety of players, but there are a large number of jerseys currently listed and his jerseys are all apparently 100% authentic Reebok numbers. He has almost 10000 sales with 99.9% positive feedback.
Now that I know LJ is back in the KC fold, I picked up an authentic LJ jersey for $36 (most of these NFL jerseys sell for $30-40 checking his previously sold items). I have absolutely no idea how he's doing it for these prices, but I figure they must be legit (or incredibly good knock offs) to be getting such good feedback. We shall see, I suppose...

The Dude
08-26-07, 08:30 PM
This thread got me checking ebay. There's this seller, sportsware08. He doesn't have the widest variety of players, but there are a large number of jerseys currently listed and his jerseys are all apparently 100% authentic Reebok numbers. He has almost 10000 sales with 99.9% positive feedback.
Now that I know LJ is back in the KC fold, I picked up an authentic LJ jersey for $36 (most of these NFL jerseys sell for $30-40 checking his previously sold items). I have absolutely no idea how he's doing it for these prices, but I figure they must be legit (or incredibly good knock offs) to be getting such good feedback. We shall see, I suppose...

I basically did the same thing but with a Steve Smith jersey; guy I bought from has 1000's of feedback, almost all positive. Most of these are high quality knock off's, but it doesn't really bother me at all if it looks good.

Decker
08-26-07, 09:00 PM
I basically did the same thing but with a Steve Smith jersey; guy I bought from has 1000's of feedback, almost all positive. Most of these are high quality knock off's, but it doesn't really bother me at all if it looks good.
This guy says his are Reebok and have the logos embroidered on. If they were fakes, don't you think some more of the feedback would be negative or are fakes THAT good now?

lewisb73
08-26-07, 10:05 PM
Nice -

I get most of my jerseys from eBay. I like to search for obscure mid-90s Steelers. I have Erric Pegram, Mike Vrabel, Dermontti Dawson, and Mike Tomczak Steeler replica jerseys, all in excellent condition. Dying to get a Chris Fuamatu-Maafala one.

Just picked up a white replica Plexico Burress, too. I think the 75th anniversary jerseys are kind of plain, but I'd like a Casey Hampton one.

cheers,

-the Jesus

Yeah the 75th anniversary ones are a little plain, but Im such a big steelers fan is doesnt matter to me, they are still nice

I would be interested in finding a Louis Lipps jersey one of these days, and a throwback Harris jersey (which are much easier to find)

jackepstein
08-27-07, 06:26 AM
sportsware08 is selling FAKE authentics. Pretty easy to tell actually.
Some of the #s on the jerseys are not centered correctly, and the NFL shield on the collar is not located where it should be. Trust me, you can't get authentics of current players at those prices unless they're fake.

For those of you looking for more information on authentic jerseys, as well as a great buying forum; visit www.nextleveltalk.com

Jim
08-27-07, 10:22 AM
Since so many of the unofficial jerseys are being sold from China I just assumed that's where the official jerseys were being made. But I checked the legit jersey I got the other day and it was made in Honduras.

Jackepstein, Interesting jersey site you linked to. Those guys probably look at DVDTalk and say "Wow, a whole site just about DVDS, who woulda thunk?"

Decker
08-27-07, 10:29 AM
Fair enough, but they must be pretty damn good fakes to be fooling 999/1000 people at least. I couldn't find any negative feedback to see if anyone thought they had a fake one. And I think at least in this case, the NFL shield looks right in the photo.

Real:http://rbk.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p2856352dt.jpg
Fake? : http://i12.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b0/0d/c595_12.JPG

But I don't see how these could possibly be legit at that price and you seem to know a heck of a lot about this topic. I hate to buy a knock-off but maybe in this case I'll live with it if I really can't tell...

Jim
08-27-07, 11:22 AM
The tags and labels on the knock-offs looks exactly the same to me. Do the numbers on the front look smaller than the real ones? The sleeves appear shorter. I thought I read something on that nextleveltalk site that said some of the knock-off sellers used pictures of the real jerseys for their eBay ads.

jackepstein
08-27-07, 03:53 PM
Read this posting:
http://nextleveltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=17

Honestly, it all depends on what you're looking for jersey-wise. Are you looking for a completely legitimate jersey of a player and are willing to spend at least $150 on it; or are you looking for something that "looks good enough". We can honestly compare it to the idea of buying bootleg DVDs vs. buying the real DVD.

I've never bought a fake jersey, but I am aware of how poorly crafted some of them are (single stitching instead of double stiching); misplaced logos; warped jersey #s, etc. At this rate, I'd say that 98% of the authentic jerseys on ebay are completely fake.

Jim
08-27-07, 04:24 PM
jackepstein, Do you have a link to that that doesn't require a username and password?

Decker
08-27-07, 06:10 PM
jackepstein, Do you have a link to that that doesn't require a username and password?

Forum Index » SELLERS, LEGIT CHECKS, AND QUESTIONS
What to Look for in a Fake Jersey!-by MDiddy

nilbog57
Site Admin

Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:20 pm

Post subject: What to Look for in a Fake Jersey!-by MDiddy
(originally posted on the Spawn.com Message Boards)

What to Look For in a FAKE

Alright…first you have to stop and think to yourself what the sellers of fake jerseys are trying to do. They’re trying to make money of uneducated buyers – which after eagerly reading this post…none of you are now! So…don’t fall for their smoke and mirrors…know the score.

1.Picture Consistency/Inconsistency: The proof is in the pictures I always say (well sometimes I say it’s in the pudding too…mmmm….pudding) Watch out for sellers that take their pics on wooden floors…sometimes this does serve as a nice little backdrop and I don’t mean to discriminate against all sellers that take their pictures this way…but if you see wood floors…a jersey that claims to be authentic for $40 and some negatives in the feedback profile stating that the jersey the buyer bought was fake…stay away. ALSO, if you ask for more detailed pics of the numbers/name or tagging and the seller DOES NOT send you any…why do you think that is? Almost seems like they have something to hide doesn’t it? Maybe it’s because they do!

2.Tagging: I STRONGLY caution you to BE CAREFUL when buying jerseys based upon tagging. Because it changes so frequently and it’s not that hard to get a blank jersey and attribute it with inferior quality materials…HOWEVER, it is still important to study the tagging of a jersey YOU KNOW to be authentic and compare it against a jersey you’re suspect of…it can sometimes help to eliminate it. But please, don’t base your decision solely on that…oftentimes you can miss out on a good deal just because Reebok likes to switch it up every year or two. I can, however, tell you that at NO TIME in M&N’s history did they have a larger Rectangle tag with just the NFL logo on it…you see that…eliminate the jersey right away. I’d also be skeptical of an “authentic” with the NFLPA hang tag…I don’t think they’ve been as prevalent in the last couple of years…I know none of the reebok authentics I’ve purchased the last two years have had them.

3.The Key – The key is in the numbers…especially for football jerseys. If the numbers are wrinkled looking and appear to be flimsy…don’t do it man! If they have the appearance of cardboard…you should be all set. But don’t be silly either. If you have a Packers Jersey and you know it’s single layer tackle twill and it’s a little creased or wrinkled…don’t flip out and eliminate it right away…that jersey is more prone to wrinkle/creasing than a Pats jersey that has 2 other layers of twill to help support it. When in doubt…ask for closer/more detailed pics or rely more on the sellers reputation and the types of products they carry.

4.Know Your Stuff – Educate yourself by knowing the different attributes of different teams jerseys…things that make them unique based upon examples you KNOW to be authentic…like the tight cuffs of a Packers jersey or the different textured twill of the Raiders and Panthers…all of this information can help you in your quest to not get ripped off. Also factoring into this is being a realist…if someone has a Ladanian Tomlinson Powder Blue jersey in a popular size (48, 50, 52) for $60…something stinks. The man is having an incredible year and the jersey is sold out on NFL.com, Eastbay.com etc…what makes you think anyone is going to be selling backstock in that for $70? It would be nice…but it’s probably not going to happen…if it does…you’ll hear about it here I’m sure. ; ) Finally, try to educate yourself and know which jerseys are heavily counterfeited…If you see a seller with a full size run of a popular player…something is up. Steer clear – even serious legit sellers like FRSVEGAS with serious bank roll can’t even get full size runs most of the time.

5.Common Sense and Ask Questions: Again, use your head and know when something is too good to be true, often times it is. And if you’re ever unsure…ask questions if it’s a seller we haven’t mentioned here…everyone in this community has a lot of experience and knowledge to pull from that might not have been slapped on this post. Also, don’t be afraid to ask questions of the seller…if they’re serious about moving the item they’ll cater to your needs and answer your questions in as much detail as possible…I know I do.

Resources to Increase Knowledge:
It’s important to continue to keep expanding your knowledge if you’re serious…I continue to learn more all the time and, again, BY NO MEANS do I have all the answers. But as you can see, I’ve done a lot of work since I became stupidly serious about this two years or so ago. Here are a couple of good resources to learn more about Authentic Uniforms of the past:

MLB:

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ex...s/database.htm

This is a great run down/database of Baseball uniforms of the past…there’s also a neat link that has a pretty extensive list (although not nearly complete) of commemorative patches worn by different teams for different occasions.

NFL:

http://www.athlegraphic.com/FFP/

Again not totally complete or 100% accurate but it serves as a good outline to learn from.

NHL:

www.nhluniforms.com

JLBkret
08-27-07, 07:18 PM
Ebay is loaded with counterfeit jerseys, if the price is too cheap they are ALL fake. I tried to find a true legit authentic Peyton Manning jersey and not one to be found on Ebay.

jackepstein
08-27-07, 07:31 PM
The best time to buy is around April/May when NFL.com has an extra 30% off on jerseys already on sale. As for now, the best time is when Footlocker.com has their 30% off Friends and Family sale (putting most authentics around the $190 mark).

Decker
08-30-07, 08:52 PM
Well, I just got mine. I have NO DOUBT that it's a fake, but a good one. They messed up on the sleeves -- there was still iron-on transfer paper stuck to them. Once I got that off, I must say it's a really good fake, heavy material, beautiful numbers and lettering, little things like trim on the inside of the collar that says NFL EQUIPTMENT on it. It would be very hard to spot it as a fake.

Now I'm in a quandary, I know it's a fake but it's nice and shipping was fast. I feel I should give the guy negative feedback because he presents these as Authentic, which they're not, but I really had my doubts from the get-go. Any thoughts on what I should do?

STR1PES
08-31-07, 08:55 AM
I am out of Columbus, OH....

I got a Buckeyes Home Jersy (Nike) Stitched for 25 bucks. #10

On the tag it says last years jersey. It' Nike and says authentic on the tag

I looked it up on line and this jersey cost 70-80 dollars anywhere you buy it.

There are about 15 left as of yesterday around 6:00 PM I was at the Marshalls @ Pickerington. WHen you walk in the store they are to your right.

Stormfront13
08-31-07, 09:16 AM
I had the same question when my Rivers Chargers jersey arrived from South Korea. The catch is that while it is not American Authentic, he will argue that it is Chinese or Korean authentic, which it may very well be. Never been jersey shopping there let alone even been there. I left positive because for what it is and what I payed, I was ok with it. Maybe mention that it is not American authentic but still good enough to pass off.

shelland
08-31-07, 07:37 PM
On the tag it says last years jersey. It' Nike and says authentic on the tag

Do authentic jerseys actually say "authentic" on them? :)

lewisb73
08-31-07, 07:44 PM
Still waiting on my steelers jerseys, onlt been a little over a week though. Im not going to question however whether or not the chinese make money off of these (of course with the shipping I paid on these)

Im currently wearing a Va Tech football jersey (steve and Barry's line) which I purchased new for 8 bucks in store, made in china and everything is stitched, Im expecting similar quality with my NFL jerseys. I need them soon, as I still rock the "Kordell Stewart" Wilson brand jersey I bought 10 years ago for 50 bucks, which I thought was a deal for the stitched jerseys

ChiTownAbs, Inc
09-02-07, 10:41 AM
*sigh* Not to say my shit doesn't stink, but I have a serious problem buying knockoff jerseys.

Jim
09-02-07, 01:00 PM
The Sports Authority ad in today's paper had 20% off all NFL merchandise.

Tigger
09-02-07, 05:01 PM
A spin on this thread, can anyone recommend a place to get 4xl or 5xl jerseys? I missed out on a rockin, authentic black Bo Jackson jersey. Mainly looking for him or old Jack Lambert Steelers jersey in Black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lewisb73
09-03-07, 10:55 PM
got my Farrior jersey... I dont see how they can get everything from holigram nfl tag, all the actual clothes tags different fabrics used... they all look real, I didnt even see any misspellings or misplaced letters etc... nothing to lead me to believe it was a knockoff, and it only took a little over weeek for this one... now I have a different one from another seller due to arrive in the next week or so and Ill fill you in on that

... and I have a serious problem paying 300 bucks for just a jersey that probably only costs the nfl 10 bucks to make themselves... I wouldnt buy them here, Id buy a replica with sewn on letters which would STILL cost me more than what I paid for the one I just received

jackepstein
09-04-07, 06:23 AM
It all depends on what you're looking for... again, just like DVDs. Do you want a high quality (or sometimes low quality) bootleg vs. the real thing? If you're patient, authentic jerseys will go on sale. As for "foreign" authentics; all the NFL ones are made overseas. MY LT Powder Blue is made in El Salvador (got it for around $120 on Next Level Talk), as well as my Priest Holmes white (got it for $50 on eastbay).

lewisb73
09-04-07, 03:09 PM
But the point of my post was the quality (at least of the one I got) was no different than the one I compared it with in the store later that day, was even complimented by one of the employees on my "nice jersey", my wife wants a jersey for herself now to wear on gameday.. and she normally hates jerseys

Im happy, thats all that matters... and like I said before I'd end up buying a relipca jersey if I hadnt found these. I consider these very good replicas

jackepstein
09-04-07, 06:21 PM
Lewisb73,
Then consider yourself lucky that you got a quality authentic (albeit fake). Unfortunately, most people aren't so lucky, as the "fakes" usually fall apart after a few wears (or just look ridiculous). But last but not least, the "fakes" violate the NFL license, and are illegal to sell.

DamingR
01-03-08, 11:22 AM
Stupid question: is a 52 authentic jersey the equivalent of a XXL? So a 50 is a XL?

Do authentic jerseys fit any differently than the $75 replicas?

Also, does anyone have any Ebay Sellers they would recommend dealing with? I am trying to avoid bootlegs, and don't really want to register for another forum to get this taken care of.

DaveWadding
01-03-08, 12:17 PM
Stupid question: is a 52 authentic jersey the equivalent of a XXL? So a 50 is a XL?

48 is an XL
52 is a XXL

dvdsteve2000
01-03-08, 07:01 PM
I buy 54's, which seem to fit like a 2XL. If you're buying on Ebay and don't want to end up with a crappy-looking knock-off, study what the authentic should look like. Nothing wrong with buying a fake, but make sure it's a good fake. Here is a link for a site that I was making, but I only did the Steeler jersey:

http://www.freewebs.com/aceanddeuce/afcjerseys.htm

legend42
01-03-08, 11:40 PM
Also, does anyone have any Ebay Sellers they would recommend dealing with? I am trying to avoid bootlegs, and don't really want to register for another forum to get this taken care of.

Virtually all the eBay jerseys are going to be knockoffs- though many are very good quality and hard to tell apart from the real thing. The sellers that do have the authentic jerseys don't sell on eBay because they can't compete with the knockoff and replica prices.

One way you can use to eBay to get a discount on a genuine jersey is to buy an nflshop.com gift certificate on there. I recently sold a $100 giftcard that I got as a rebate for buying a Samsumg TV for $75, but I've seen them go for as low as $60 (and the $50 cards routinely go for $30, and they might be stackable). Then you can wait for one of the nflshop's 20-30% off sales, which run fairly often. Their authentic jerseys list for $260+ (replicas are about $75), but at least you'll be sure you're getting the real thing.

SonOfAStu
01-04-08, 07:33 AM
There's a guy that sells the Steelers knockoffs at our local Steelers bar in St. Paul on gameday. He makes a killing. I think he works overseas during the week and comes back on the weekend with a new supply. He easily sells 4-5 jerseys each game. And I've seen him sell as many as 15 the games before Christmas. I bought a Hines Ward one for $60 and I have no regrets. It looks fantastic and I've fooled everyone that has seen it.

SonOfAStu
01-04-08, 07:57 AM
Actually, the more I look at the pictures I have here at work, the more I think this might actually be real.... dvdsteve, what do you think?

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1690/01jn8.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1890/02ei0.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6109/03xc5.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/492/04az6.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2016/05kn2.jpg

I'm specifically looking at the sleeves and the mesh above the nameplate. Or is this just a better fake than the one used in your example?

jPoD_TGN
01-04-08, 08:29 AM
I bought a Tomlinson throwback powder blue on the Bay for like $30 and have no complaints. It looks absolutely fine compared to my Tomlinson I bought from NFLShop. It could be real, it could be fake. I asked the guy and he said he buys wholesale. I really couldnt care as it looks great.

dvdsteve2000
01-05-08, 04:11 PM
SonOfAStu-sorry bud, no luck. The funny thing about fake jerseys, especially Steeler ones, is there are so many things to look for. I actually have 3 fakes, a Ward, a Polamalu, & a Porter. The Polamalu & Porter are rediculous, but they were gifts. The Ward, however, has nothing that stands out to make it fake, but when looking at it next to an authentic, you can see the difference.

From a quick look at the pics that you posted, the mesh holes are off. They are either too big, too far apart, too long, or something.

The sleeve looks good, BUT it's too narrow/tight. This is how my Ward knock-off is. Authentics are 'baggy' and then pinch at the cuff. Here is an authentic sleeve, look how wide it is:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1523.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1523.jpg

The easiest, and biggest red flag are the spandex sides. There should be no shine to them at all. Here are two pics showing what I mean:

Porter fake (shiny sides):
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1529.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1529.jpg

Randle El authentic (Matte sides):
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1532.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1532.jpg

Also, the sewn on Steeler patch has a shine to it, and the diamonds are recessed a bit. The emblem should be totally matte, and the diamonds are embroidered above the material, like this:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1509.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1509.jpg

...not like this:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1514.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/st0rmbr1nger/100_1514.jpg

What it comes down to is, are you happy with the jersey? I collect authentics, and I have over 70. I do an assload of research on them and still get burned sometimes. Chances are if you can't tell, most other people can't either, or don't care.

bhome83
01-15-08, 07:20 PM
ok, so i'm looking at a lot of 'authentic' football jerseys on ebay and can't find a single real authentic one for the seahawks. For example, I emailed the seller about this jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280191071527&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

As his title claims he says its legit and is willing to give twice the money back if i can prove him wrong (says it right in the auction). I'm very confident that jersey is fake. What do you guys think? The lettering for instance is much larger on a authentic seahawk's jersey. I dont plan on bidding on this though, because the seller was a complete ass to me by getting mad at me for doubting it's authenticity. I highly doubt he would pay up if he was proven wrong. Is there anything else i should look for in this jersey to recognize its fakeness?

If anyone has any more good websites that show fake and real authentic jerseys that would be great.

dvdsteve2000
01-16-08, 02:57 PM
From a quick lookover, that jersey is 100% authentic. With Seattle out of the playoffs, you can probably find the jerseys even cheaper. Steeler authentics (locally) are going for $99-$139.

The Hasselbeck jersey has the right mesh pattern, cuffed sleeves with pinched material at the sleeve ends, and this is a big one (even though it sounds stupid)...the Reebok jock tag on the front-right-bottom is very low. Most fakes are about 3" from the bottom.

My take is, he's dumping jerseys from a team(s) that are out of the playoffs because it's a tough sell during the off season.

Look at the price of the Brady jersey he is selling, $399...because they are still in the playoffs.
~S2K

bhome83
01-16-08, 07:21 PM
While everything appears to be authentic, the lettering doesn't. That is the only thing that gets me. The lettering is alot bigger on authentic game jerseys. There might be a few authentic games worn jerseys of seahawks players on ebay, but cant find any right now.

dvdsteve2000
01-16-08, 09:36 PM
I did a google search looking for the back of a Hass jersey but couldn't find one. Just like Ben for Pittsburgh, since his name is long, the lettering may look 'off' or smaller. I actually passed on an Alexander authentic because the numbers on it looked too far apart. Two weeks later I saw highlights from a Seattle game and Shawn's numbers looked even further away from each other than the one that I passed on.

I know alot about the jerseys, and I can't watch a game or highlight without trying to notice a detail about the jerseys, like which ones have screened or cloth sleeves, distinguishing patches, numbers & letters, etc...

After checking the auction again, here is my take: It's as authentic as it gets. The nameplate looks small because the jersey is a 56, Hass probably wears a 48. If you take that nameplate off and put it on a 48, maybe it looks 'bigger'. The letters are close together, maybe too close together, but if I was buying a Seahawks jersey, I don't think that would keep me from buying it. The font looks right, the color looks right, the letters are just a bit close (IMO). Here is a pic of another jersey:
http://www.seahawks.com/assets/96967BF6-DE9D-4228-BAD9-E98A2DC4A946.jpg http://i17.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/d1/50/be3d_12.JPG

The H, A, K, and E are the same font for sure. I wear a 54, and I refuse to buy jerseys of a single number player, like Favre (4), Ben(7), etc..., because on a jersey that size, the single number looks too small. I think that's the case on the Hass. The nameplate was made for a smaller sized jersey.

DamingR
01-24-08, 08:50 AM
One way you can use to eBay to get a discount on a genuine jersey is to buy an nflshop.com gift certificate on there. I recently sold a $100 giftcard that I got as a rebate for buying a Samsumg TV for $75, but I've seen them go for as low as $60 (and the $50 cards routinely go for $30, and they might be stackable). Then you can wait for one of the nflshop's 20-30% off sales, which run fairly often. Their authentic jerseys list for $260+ (replicas are about $75), but at least you'll be sure you're getting the real thing.

Thanks for this awesome idea. I went this route and picked up some gift certs for 50-60% off. Luckily, my wife just received an e-mail coupon for 25% off the NFL Shop, so I want to buy some jerseys! The problem is that their selection is extremely picked over. Any suggestions? Would you intentionally order some in the wrong sizes to take advantage of the 25% coupon and then wait for them to re-stock? I am pretty frustrated that I can't order the jerseys I want from the NFLShop. Seems like they should keep their stock up to date.