Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Is 'Legend' as good as Brisco County?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 08-13-07, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that Richard Dean Anderson did a show called Legend. Is that as good as Brisco County?
Old 08-13-07, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 127 Likes on 93 Posts
Based on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9emjAroBEQ I'm going to have to say no.

However, you'd think one would love it because it stars RDA and John de Lancie!

The concepted sounded promising though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_%28TV_Series%29

Even after reading the description I only have the vaguest memory of the promos for it.
Old 08-13-07, 07:56 PM

I don't find it as humerous as Briscoe County, but I still like it very much. Bruce Campbell just has that certain wit. :-) I like the premise of Legend. The "technology" aspect is interesting. Richard Dean Anderson's character is more of a grump and not out and out funny, though. I really like the John de Lancie character of Janos Bartok. He makes it happen in this show more than Richard Dean Anderson in my opinion. We watched it through again not too long ago, and I still enjoyed it as much as I remember, but I wouldn't put it in the same league as Briscoe.
Old 08-13-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks like a strange cross between Wild, Wild, West and Remington Steel. I don't remember ever hearing about it, but would watch it.

Why are we talking about it? Is it coming to DVD?
Old 08-13-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 450 Likes on 333 Posts
If Legend came out on DVD I'd buy it the day it came out. Great show - a lot of fun.
Old 08-14-07, 12:12 AM

I don't think so. I was just watching my Brisco DVD's, and I remember the 'Legend' show, so I asked about it.
Old 08-14-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Christi P

I don't think so. I was just watching my Brisco DVD's, and I remember the 'Legend' show, so I asked about it.
DeputyDave asked because you posted it in the DVD Talk forum, implying it was a question about a DVD release or possible release.

What really blows my mind is the way you quoted that. The line that you put in looks almost identical as the the line that is put in automatically between someone's message and their signature (for which I ignore when scanning threads), so I was flabbergasted on why you posted "Why are we talking about it? Is it coming to DVD?" I was thoroughly confused for a while. I would highly suggest the quote feature instead

Kind of back on topic. I had never even heard of "Legend" the TV show, but it has Richard Dean Anderson and John de Lancie, I would blind buy that for 12 episodes in a second.

Last edited by Numes; 08-14-07 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-15-07, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It took me a while, but I finally remembered that show. Don't remember if it was any good or not.
Old 08-15-07, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Numes
What really blows my mind is the way you quoted that. The line that you put in looks almost identical as the the line that is put in automatically between someone's message and their signature (for which I ignore when scanning threads), so I was flabbergasted on why you posted "Why are we talking about it? Is it coming to DVD?" I was thoroughly confused for a while. I would highly suggest the quote feature instead

Yeah, I thought it was just some odd coincidence too, had not idea there was a response involved.