Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Cría Cuervos ... - The Criterion Collection'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Thomas Spurlin's DVD review of Cría Cuervos ... - The Criterion Collection at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29793 and...

Just a little detail... Cria Cuervos does not translate as young ravens. For that, you need a preposition to indicate the belonging of a subject to the other. In this case, it should read as Cria de Cuervos.

As it is, with the accent in the i, without preposition, cria is not a substantive, but a verb. In this case, the second person singular of the impertaive, used as a conditional future.

Ir refers to the spanish proverb CRia cuervos y te sacaran los ojos, wich means Rise Ravens, and they will get out your eyes (sorry, my english is not good) It speaks about how rising an animal, even with care and love, does not free you of his nature. Its a metaphor for the betraying sons. If by unluck you got ravens, well... doesnt matter if you raised them, you know. You get the picture.

have a nice day.
Old 08-13-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually, I misrepresented the word - "mean" should have read something akin to "reference", and has been edited. That exact proverb (it seems to lean closer to "peck" out your eyes) is referenced in the menu presentation on the second disc. Thank you for the message.