Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Night of the Demons 2 DVD - 25/09/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-07, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night of the Demons 2 DVD - 25/09/07

Hello Folks

I am a big horror fan and will watch almost anything and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Night Of The Demons 2 is finally getting a release. Now if only Lions Gate would release some more of their long horror catalogue. There is so many 80s slashers yet to be released, but this release gives me some hope I have to say. I am looking forward to this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Night-Demons-2...6859875&sr=8-2
Old 08-11-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Cool news...I'll get this.
Old 08-11-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What's the 25th month of the year?

Whenever I figure it out, I'll pick this up during it.
Old 08-12-07, 04:07 AM

Oh, Night of the Demons... Sweet childish memories...

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis

Joel, aren't you Russian? In Russia we put dates like this - date first, month then.
Old 08-12-07, 06:32 AM

I am from the UK, thats how we do our dates. If I am ever in the USA I will change my british accent for you aswell next time
Old 08-12-07, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^If you put dates like that, you should post in the international forum, 'cause us americans don't know what you're talking about

I had to think about it to arrive at 9/25/07. I guess I could have just as easily mistaken it as 7/25/09!
Old 08-12-07, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by basaro
^If you put dates like that, you should post in the international forum, 'cause us americans don't know what you're talking about

I had to think about it to arrive at 9/25/07. I guess I could have just as easily mistaken it as 7/25/09!
So put American releases in the international forum? I knew they lied to me about the strength of that beer last night...The swines!
Old 08-12-07, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Joel Goodsen
So put American releases in the international forum? I knew they lied to me about the strength of that beer last night...The swines!
Probably those were demons!
Old 08-12-07, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a big horror fan and will watch almost anything and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Night Of The Demons 2 is finally getting a release. Now if only Lions Gate would release some more of their long horror catalogue. There is so many 80s slashers yet to be released, but this release gives me some hope I have to say. I am looking forward to this one.
I've been waiting for this one too. The first one is one of the great 80's flicks. Late September/early October is going to be a great time for horror fans. I think I'm already out $250 on pre-orders. LOL
Old 08-13-07, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by renaldow
I've been waiting for this one too. The first one is one of the great 80's flicks. Late September/early October is going to be a great time for horror fans. I think I'm already out $250 on pre-orders. LOL
September/October has turned out pretty decent overall. I wasn't expecting much but with Tales From The Crypt, Masters Of Horror complete box, Twisted Terror Collection, Night Of The Demons 2 and The Burning (looking forward to that one the most), I am pretty impressed. I keep banging on about it, but slasher films are my favourite sub section in horror films and every year there seems to be no announcements for Curtains, Final Exam and Slaughter High. The Tripper is a new film released on DVD in October I am looking forward to. Maybe Lions Gate will get round to releasing some slashers gems next year, when they realise some of the horror titles they have.

If you watched till the end of Night Of The Demons DVD which was released by Anchor Bay, it states at the end " Watch out for Night Of The Demons 2 coming soon " or something along those lines. Im guessing a deal might have been struck for it to be released or they thought they had the rights in the bag? It is a shame either way, because Anchor Bay (Starz) would have given it a better release, but I am not gonna moan about it, because it is good just to have it announced on DVD.
Old 08-13-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is turning out to be a great year for slasher fans. The studios have been announcing tons of flicks I never thought would see the light of day. The Twisted Terror box set alone has films I didn't think were of any importance to the studios. I'm guessing they're trying to blow out everything they can so that we'll all have to upgrade to HD in the future.

And I wouldn't expect you to change your accent when you come to my country Joel, but the domain name is .com, not .co.uk. Besides, everyone else does it the right way. You don't want to be that guy, right?
Old 08-13-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, reading the description, I can't remember if I ever saw this one. It sounds familiar, but that doesn't say anything. Oh well, I LOVE the first one (still not as good as Demons, though) so I may just blind buy this one.

Still excited about The Burning more than anything.

Last edited by DeputyDave; 08-13-07 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you watched till the end of Night Of The Demons DVD which was released by Anchor Bay, it states at the end " Watch out for Night Of The Demons 2 coming soon " or something along those lines. Im guessing a deal might have been struck for it to be released or they thought they had the rights in the bag? It is a shame either way, because Anchor Bay (Starz) would have given it a better release, but I am not gonna moan about it, because it is good just to have it announced on DVD.
I don't think that was put there by AB, I think it was put at the end of the original credits by the filmmakers. Lots of films back in the 80's used to do that when film franchises were taking off. Buckaroo #2 anyone?
Old 08-13-07, 02:27 PM

And I wouldn't expect you to change your accent when you come to my country Joel, but the domain name is .com, not .co.uk. Besides, everyone else does it the right way. You don't want to be that guy, right?
Man, are you serious? I know its a .com site but is it really that big of a deal? Do you really think before I put the release date on, I put it in USA format, deleted it and thought " I will piss them off and type it the way us British people type it, that will show those Americans. I want to be different, this date will stamp the fact I am different " Its almost as if you think I have got something against USA, just by the way I type the date? The way USA citizens put the dates on releases confused me at first, but it didnt take more than 3 seconds to figure it out and im not posting whining about it. Did it really confuse you that much? I mean, if you click on the link, it says the release date anyway?

What a thread crap. If its caused that much of a big deal to you and offended people , shut the thread down. I wont bother posting releases anymore if it bothers people the way I have grown up writing the date all my life.

Do you really want to be the guy that types something in relation to a post, only so he can have a further moan about the real thing he wants to post about and thread crap even more? You don't want to be that guy, right?

Last edited by Joel Goodsen; 08-13-07 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-13-07, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by renaldow
I don't think that was put there by AB, I think it was put at the end of the original credits by the filmmakers. Lots of films back in the 80's used to do that when film franchises were taking off. Buckaroo #2 anyone?
Come to think of it, you are right . I never usually watch right untill the end of the credits and I was browsing on IMDB and saw a post about " at the end of the DVD it says about NOTD 2 " and I automatically assumed it was in reference to the DVD, tagged on by AB. Whats the lesson learned here? Always thinks things through properly...and dont drink beer constantly for years...it kills brain cells
Old 08-13-07, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, are you serious? I know its a .com site but is it really that big of a deal? Do you really think before I put the release date on, I put it in USA format, deleted it and thought " I will piss them off and type it the way us British people type it, that will show those Americans. I want to be different, this date will stamp the fact I am different " Its almost as if you think I have got something against USA, just by the way I type the date? The way USA citizens put the dates on releases confused me at first, but it didnt take more than 3 seconds to figure it out and im not posting whining about it. Did it really confuse you that much? I mean, if you click on the link, it says the release date anyway?

What a thread crap. If its caused that much of a big deal to you and offended people , shut the thread down. I wont bother posting releases anymore if it bothers people the way I have grown up writing the date all my life.

Do you really want to be the guy that types something in relation to a post, only so he can have a further moan about the real thing he wants to post about and thread crap even more? You don't want to be that guy, right?
Ummm... it was a joke, buddy. I'm a sarcastic, acerbic asshole. It's my nature. I'm not offended by your post, just busting your balls. Geez, you Brits can be uptight...

Last edited by islandclaws; 08-13-07 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-14-07, 02:47 AM

Ummm... it was a joke, buddy. I'm a sarcastic, acerbic asshole. It's my nature. I'm not offended by your post, just busting your balls. Geez, you Brits can be uptight...
Im a laid back geezer myself, I just dont like people giving me shit for no reason. A couple smilies would of helped me to understand your sarcasm.

I can pick up sarcasm no problem in a real conversation, but I have trouble picking it up via text, as there is no voice tone you see. I have enough people trying to bust my balls, the tax man for starters

Besides, there is only so many cup of teas you can drink, so many times you can fill up the car with over priced fuel and so many rainy days you can take before it starts to make any British man uptight

Last edited by Joel Goodsen; 08-14-07 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-14-07, 03:10 AM

Besides, there is only so many cup of teas you can drink, so many times you can fill up the car with over priced fuel and so many rainy days you can take before it starts to make any British man uptight
Old 08-14-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Im a laid back geezer myself, I just dont like people giving me shit for no reason. A couple smilies would of helped me to understand your sarcasm.
Point taken. I tend to forget that just because it sounds sarcastic in my head, that doesn't mean it's going to translate to text. That being said... it's all good.

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-14-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know the original and possibly part 3 had unrated versions released. Does anyone know if anything was cut to get an R for part 2?

Though if it makes ya feel any better. I saw the R rated version of the original on VHS recently. And the cuts to gore etc was pretty minor. I never felt the film was too gory anyway in unrated form. And since I have'nt seen part 2 yet,i don't know how gory that was. So I was curious if anyone knows about any possible cuts to gore?
Old 08-14-07, 11:48 PM

Just a little bit off topic but if you like the Night of the Demons movies, you might want to check out The Convent. Most haven't seen it and I like reccommending it to others. I watched Night of the Demons 2 and The Convent back on 06/06/06 to celebrate that unholy day and it was the most fun I've had with a double feature.
Old 08-15-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dcrw6
Just a little bit off topic but if you like the Night of the Demons movies, you might want to check out The Convent. Most haven't seen it and I like reccommending it to others.
Old 08-15-07, 08:45 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Julie Walker
I know the original and possibly part 3 had unrated versions released. Does anyone know if anything was cut to get an R for part 2?

Though if it makes ya feel any better. I saw the R rated version of the original on VHS recently. And the cuts to gore etc was pretty minor. I never felt the film was too gory anyway in unrated form. And since I have'nt seen part 2 yet,i don't know how gory that was. So I was curious if anyone knows about any possible cuts to gore?
in regards to the first film, is the DVD the unrated cut? the VHS made a big thing about it being the unrated version