Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Burn Notice picked up for another season.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

So was Saving Grace.

for Burn Notice

http://www.tv.com/burn-notice/show/6...y_list;title;0

It's been a good week for freshman dramas on basic cable networks, as USA and TNT have both picked up new shows for a second season.

TNT vice president of content creation Michael Wright announced that the network will be bringing back Saving Grace for another 15 episodes. The show, which premiered late last month, stars Holly Hunter as a detective in Oklahoma City. When she hits a low point, her pleas for help are answered by a tobacco-chewing angel played by Deadwood's Leon Rippy.

The network says the July 23 premiere of the series drew 6.4 million viewers, putting it at the top of the heap for new series premieres this year. The show has nestled in comfortably behind TNT's hit The Closer, which was also picked up for another season earlier this month.

USA's Burn Notice will also be back for a second season, reports Variety. The spy drama follows intelligence agent Michael Weston, played by Jeffrey Donovan (Crossing Jordan), as he attempts to get his life back in order after being booted out of service by the US government. The show also stars Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead 2), Gabrielle Anwar (The Tudors), and Sharon Gless (Cagney & Lacey).
Old 08-10-07, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we make sure the contracts of the Mother and Brother do not get picked up?
Old 08-10-07, 06:36 PM
Cool New Member

That is good news to me, I enjoy Burn Notice.
Old 08-10-07, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good news for both shows. I've really been enjoying Burn Notice. Saving Grace has potential.
Old 08-10-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really like Burn Notice, I was hoping Saving Grace was going to die a quick death (for the record, I have never seen it, I never will. I saw the preview for it as part of "the 20" at the movie theater and dislike everything about it including the absolutely horrid accent in whatshernames voice).
Old 08-10-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Saving Grace is actually quite funny in a different way.
Old 08-10-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I think this is justice for Jeffrey Donovan. Touching Evil should have been renewed by USA, but he got screwed. That was a great show.
Old 08-10-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
I think whoever wrote the character Michael Westin probably watched Touching Evil and was thinking Jeffrey Donovan all the way. He was so perfectly casted that I cannot think of another actor who could play him. Donovan is really good at these quirky character roles.
Old 08-10-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is Saving Grace worth watching? I have a couple of episodes saved, but I am trying to determine whether or not to try them out. Ditto for Damages.
Old 08-10-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Deftones
I think this is justice for Jeffrey Donovan. Touching Evil should have been renewed by USA, but he got screwed. That was a great show.
Amen.
Old 08-11-07, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
So is Saving Grace worth watching? I have a couple of episodes saved, but I am trying to determine whether or not to try them out. Ditto for Damages.

I like both the shows, they are better than the standard summer fare.
Old 08-11-07, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My fervent hope is that the success of Burn Notice will help encourage a DVD release of Touching Evil.
Old 08-11-07, 11:58 PM
Cool New Member

I may start watching it now. I wanted to wait and see if it was going to survive cause I liked Donovan in Touching Evil, and was mad that it got caned.
Old 08-12-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I missed the first five episodes of Burn Notice but have caught the last two. Nice show, It's on my "record" list on my DVR now.
Old 08-12-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched an episode or two of this while lying on the couch this last week after getting my wisdom teeth pulled. The plot is pretty cool, the editing is pretty nauseating... even if you're not on pain meds.
Old 08-12-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Super X
My fervent hope is that the success of Burn Notice will help encourage a DVD release of Touching Evil.
Based on the description I read at Wikipedia of the US version he was in, I'd love to see a DVD release as well. I can just see JD playing that sort of character.
Old 08-12-07, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I've liked it pretty well so far, but I think it is going to get old fairly soon as it is basically the same thing every week with a slightly different bad guy.
Old 08-12-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I've liked it pretty well so far, but I think it is going to get old fairly soon as it is basically the same thing every week with a slightly different bad guy.
I think you could say that about the first season of most shows (that they rely on one premise executed in slightly different ways over and over until they really figure the show out). I'm betting the show will take a step forward by next season.
Old 08-13-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great news! The show's kicking ass.