Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - This is Somewhere

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chances are really good this band isn't on your radar yet, but let me tell ya they should be. I'm pimping them a bit cuz they are local Vermonters, and not Phish (awoohoo)!

Today their debut major label album hits "This is Somewhere" on Hollywood Records. They were on Leno the other night, and Good Morning America today.

She is awicked young songwriter/singer/pianist/guitar player. Folky/bluesy/bar room rock, hard to wrap a genre on them. However, if you dig anything in that realm you should at least take a listen.

New disc MSRP is only $9.99, and I have yet to hear it but the last album before they got signed "Nothing But the Water" rocked hard. And it too is available now in stores and online.

If you crave new tunes, take a listen.

db

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" data="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=263179&server=vimeo.com&fullscreen=1&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait= 1&color=00ADEF"> <param name="quality" value="best" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="scale" value="showAll" /> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=263179&server=vimeo.com&fullscreen=1&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait= 1&color=00ADEF" /></object>

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - Ah, Mary from graycharles and Vimeo.

Last edited by db27; 08-09-07 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-09-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

if you are lazy, check out their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/gracepotterandthenocturnals

they will be on late late show w/ craig furguson on Friday!
Old 08-09-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This one's on my wishlist, and I hope to get it soon.

I loved Nothing But the Water. I picked it up on a whim a while ago, going only on what the stickers said on the CD, plus it had a bonus DVD which was nice. Grace Potter has a fantastic voice, and the bluesy organ adds a great texture to the sound. The two part title song is a show stopper and a great way to end a great disc.
Old 08-09-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yep, I love that disc and now having heard this one think that it is even stronger. Very impressive stuff.