Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Questions about Columbia House? Ask them here, Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HyperWeather
Maybe I am just lucky or maybe they have gotten better lately, because all the preorders that I even did months in advance I recieved them the day they were released.
It usually depends on the pre-order title. If it is the first release of a popular movie, for example Spider-man 3 on 10/30/07, Columbia House usually tries to get it to customers on or near release date. If it is a re-release of an older title, for example The Princess Bride 20th Anniversary Edition on 10/16/17, CH usually won't go to the extra effort to get it to customer on or near release day, IME.
Old 08-17-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by supfool!
Is it looking like the new release of Serenity will be available at columbia house, or will it most likely be overlooked and they'll just stick to the older editions?
I would expect Columbia House to carry a new release of Serenity. But, being a Universal title, it might not show up until release day.
Old 08-17-07, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lizard
I would expect Columbia House to carry a new release of Serenity. But, being a Universal title, it might not show up until release day.
I had considered that but I'm much too impatient. I was planning on pre-ordering from DVDplanet when I didn't see it on columbia house, until I remembered they don't usually have pre-orders up. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see, maybe.

Thank you for the help.
Old 08-18-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I know this has been asked before, but what's the average waiting time to find out if one has been accepted or not? I've read people waited 3 weeks and still hadn't heard anything. I just signed up but I wanted to know at what point, if I don't hear anything, to try again.
Old 08-18-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually only give them about 5 days before I send another app. Although I have converted to phone apps because of lack of success getting web apps approved.
Old 08-19-07, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Two weeks should be plenty. It would be best to apply with different titles in case the previous application does eventually get approved late, although this rarely happens.
Old 08-19-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I know this has been asked before, but what's the average waiting time to find out if one has been accepted or not? I've read people waited 3 weeks and still hadn't heard anything. I just signed up but I wanted to know at what point, if I don't hear anything, to try again.
2 weeks online.

Or apply on the phone, save time and give up guessing I don't even have to check anymore, 100% success.
Old 08-19-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So if I applied over the phone, can I give the code for the 6 DVDs for 49 cents, 1 for $9.95 (that will count toward my commitment)? I don't know how this works; last time I used CH was several years ago with their CD program.
Old 08-20-07, 01:52 AM

Help! My FunCash Balance Is Crazy!

Ok, I need serious help with Columbiahouse. My FunCash balance WAS around -700.00. Now, it shows as -$451.00. I have written to them over a couple of months, and they tell me my actual balance is a positive $549.00, but since the site shows a negative, I cannot use it to order online. They want me to order via e-mail, but I would rather they just fix whatever problem with the website. They have told me a few times they are 'referring it to the correct dept.' but I haven't gotten any results. Anyone have this problem ever? Or have a solution for me? Any advice would be appreciated, except the type where you castigate me for accumulating so much FunCash!
Old 08-20-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
has anyone ordered '8 1/2: criterion collection' lately? i was just wondering because i ordered it and it's taking a longer than usual time to ship. hopefully this hasn't become another 'the third man: criterion collection'.
Old 08-20-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So if I applied over the phone, can I give the code for the 6 DVDs for 49 cents, 1 for $9.95 (that will count toward my commitment)? I don't know how this works; last time I used CH was several years ago with their CD program.
If you apply over the phone (888-242-3837), there are only a few codes known that will work. EBP still worked at last report. And 98W is reported to work on the phone.

Yes, for most purposes, you get 6 for 49¢ and then order the first $9.95 "bonus" DVD to lower the commitment to two. The second "bonus" doesn't lower the commitment and shouldn't be ordered.

If you wanted to fulfill the account with an expensive box set ($59.95 or more, counts for three commitments) it would be best to decline the $9.95 bonus DVD. Otherwise it is best to order it to reduce the average cost of DVDs in the account.

If you haven't already done so, please read the FAQs in the first post of this thread.
Old 08-20-07, 09:45 AM

You guys think CH will carry the upcoming re-release of My So-Called Life (Oct 30th)? The factory is Shout! Factory, which I believe released Freaks and Geeks which CH does carry. And if the list/price at amazon are $68.99/48.99, what do you think CH will ask for it?
Old 08-20-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that was quick. Got my acceptance e-mail this morning...
Old 08-20-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
has anyone ordered '8 1/2: criterion collection' lately? i was just wondering because i ordered it and it's taking a longer than usual time to ship. hopefully this hasn't become another 'the third man: criterion collection'.
I received 8 1/2 and The Red Shoes as freebies in a BOGO order just last week. Don't hate me if I got the last copy of 8 1/2.
Old 08-20-07, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I received 8 1/2 and The Red Shoes as freebies in a BOGO order just last week. Don't hate me if I got the last copy of 8 1/2.
i got my shipping confirmation today...it shipped out friday
Old 08-22-07, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After one gets accepted, when do they ship out the DVDs you selected during the sign up? I checked my Orders History but the only thing that is in there is a payment for $9.95...
Old 08-22-07, 06:33 PM

Hey all

I could not find the answer to this on any FAQ so I thought id open it to the masses. About 5 years ago I got a ColumbiaHouse.com account and bought all the stuff I needed, but I never actually closed down the account after I reached my obligations. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago I try logging in and it'll not allow me anymore, and I try to retrieve my password and I never get it.

Does CH just automatically delete inactive accounts after a certian amount of time?
Old 08-22-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

After one gets accepted, when do they ship out the DVDs you selected during the sign up? I checked my Orders History but the only thing that is in there is a payment for $9.95...
They ship immediately. If you're able to login to your account the movies are already on their way. They should be there any day now.
Old 08-22-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
They ship immediately. If you're able to login to your account the movies are already on their way. They should be there any day now.
Ok, thanks smash
Old 08-22-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What are some of the best deals at CH.com right now? They finally acceptedto that site, and I've already bought the two required to fulfill the membership terms.
Old 08-23-07, 08:59 AM

Is Hog Wild available? either as a fulfillment title or enrollment? Also Epic Movie. Couldn't find either of them.

Also Shrek the Third is $19.95 pre-order, so I know it's not available for enrollment, but I could use it as a fulfillment. After it's actually released, will the price still be $19.95 or are they going to jack it up to $22.95?
Old 08-23-07, 09:04 AM

Another question, and I know this is in the forum .... somewhere, just couldn't find the answer.

If I order a set as a fulfillment title, what $ amount does it have to be to qualify as 2 fulfillments?
Old 08-23-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ESG927
Another question, and I know this is in the forum .... somewhere, just couldn't find the answer.

If I order a set as a fulfillment title, what $ amount does it have to be to qualify as 2 fulfillments?
$40+
Old 08-23-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ESG927
Is Hog Wild available? either as a fulfillment title or enrollment? Also Epic Movie. Couldn't find either of them.

Also Shrek the Third is $19.95 pre-order, so I know it's not available for enrollment, but I could use it as a fulfillment. After it's actually released, will the price still be $19.95 or are they going to jack it up to $22.95?
If you searched and didn't find them they aren't available.

Shrek the Third will go up to $22.95 on release day. The $19.95 is a special preorder price. And yes, it will count for fulfillment if you preorder it.
Old 08-23-07, 10:16 AM

Thanks Riot and Smash!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.