Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Nine is back???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nine is back???

I noticed a bit too late that ABC is airing the unaired episodes of "The Nine" this week! From tv.com, The Nine has new episodes that are scheduled to air through September!

I know there was a thread already started on the Nine from back when it was pulled, but searches of "Nine" and "The Nine" came up with nothing for me....
Old 08-03-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Well, don't expect to see a resolution. They only filmed 13 episodes and the show's creator Hank Steinberg said they needed at least 22 episodes to tell a complete story arc. I revealed a spoiler from the show a while back that revealed who was behind the robbery should the show have gotten a full season.
Old 08-03-07, 01:13 PM

Tried searching the old post, too - no luck.

DJariya - could you put what happened in spoiler tags? At first, I blocked this show out of my head. Now after reading your post, I'm dying to know who was behind it....
Old 08-03-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Okay here's you go:

Spoiler:
My co-worker ran into Owain Yeoman, who played one of the robbers and he revealed that Chi McBride, who played Malcolm the bank manager, was the inside man behind the robbery.
Old 08-05-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJariya
Okay here's you go:

Spoiler:
My co-worker ran into Owain Yeoman, who played one of the robbers and he revealed that Chi McBride, who played Malcolm the bank manager, was the inside man behind the robbery.
Well thats an original story.
Old 08-05-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by kramdenfan
The Nine is back???
Yes, they crossed the river Isen on Midsummer's Eve, disguised as riders in black.

sorry....had to do it...
Old 08-13-07, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Well, I feel a little silly getting back into this complex, doomed series. Still my DVR picked it up again and I just watched the two episodes back-to-back. I really liked this show and it's kind of hooked me again. I wonder why it failed; they gave it a good lead in with LOST. Anyway, anyone know how many more episodes will air?
Old 08-13-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Decker
Anyway, anyone know how many more episodes will air?
Zero.

ABC is pulling it (and the Knights of Prosperity burn-off episodes), effective this week. I believe there are 3 or 4 more episodes. I'm sure ABC will put the remaining episodes online over the next few weeks, but they haven't announced that yet.
Old 08-13-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
dammit. I hope they're at least put online. Thanks for the info, though.
Old 08-13-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I couldn't get up to watch these anyway. Now I would love for them to burn off the E-Ring episodes from years ago.
Old 08-13-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Scott27
Zero.

ABC is pulling it (and the Knights of Prosperity burn-off episodes), effective this week. I believe there are 3 or 4 more episodes. I'm sure ABC will put the remaining episodes online over the next few weeks, but they haven't announced that yet.
Are you serious? So the August 15th airing will be pulled in favor of what? Primetime Live special? That sucks....that can't let this show burn off in peace. Even though I knew there was no resolution to this series, I have actually enjoyed it for the most part and the bank robbery scenes are probably the best part of the show......I'm still puzzled why they couldn't have made a 52 hour bank robbery into a series instead of the aftermath.
Old 08-14-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
The bastards! Just yesterday the "clue" for the 8/15 episode was still on ABC's website. Now it is gone and replaced with "THe next episode has not yet been scheduled." Why couldn't the bastards have left it dead instead of teasing us with two more episodes?

For the 15th, TitanTV still shows The Nine, but Zap2It shows some lame NASCAR "preparation" special.

The 8/8/2007 episode was #9, so supposedly there are four more episodes, but I guess we will never see them.

Edit: Official per futon critic
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7439
LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC is scrapping its current Wednesday lineup, dropping "The Knights of Prosperity" and "The Nine" while newcomer "NASCAR in Primetime" is shifting to 10:00/9:00c.
. . . .
As for "Knights" and "Nine," it's not clear if the remaining produced installments will be streamed online.

Last edited by OldDude; 08-14-07 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-17-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

If anyone cares, which I'm sure most of you don't.....The remaining episodes of "The Nine" will be posted online at ABC.com

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...inal/800020490

Episodes 8 and 9 are already online, with 10 and 11 due imminently. Episode 12 will post Aug. 23, and the series finale goes up Aug. 30.
Old 08-17-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also FYI, if you're into this whole bank-robbery-gone-wrong premise, you should DEFINITELY check out The Kill Point.

While I liked The Nine, The Kill Point is a whole 'nuther level better. And it's a mini-series on Spike so you won't be left hanging.