Reload this Page >

CHUCK Pilot Episode

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CHUCK Pilot Episode

Old 07-25-07, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Chuck - pilot episode

I found that I didn't much care for the tone of the pilot episode for "Chuck", a show about a nerd who gets imbued with a boatload of data into his brain, making him a walking data store of national secrets. I'd have to see a few more episodes to really see if it was just the pilot episode, or if the show would get into a rut quickly given its premise.

Last edited by Patman; 07-25-07 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-25-07, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jake 3.0

Some good action sequences and Adam Baldwin is always welcome, but this was pretty m'eh. Unless he now has wifi abilities, I don't see how that information won't get old fast.
Old 07-25-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just watched this, Sarah Conner and Reaper and I think this was easily the best of the three. The action was great, humor was ok, actors seemed fine. It was shot extremely well.

I'd really have to see how a regular episode plays out before I make a final judgment. The pilot was completely about setting up the series. The actual show could go a number of ways. The would also need quite a budget if they were too keep up that kind of action.

The limitation of his data becoming outdated could easily be written around. If he becomes a valuable asset the feds could even give him periodic updates.
Old 07-25-07, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knowing that this was a Josh Schwartz/McG show, and after seeing the previews from the upfronts, I was afraid this was going to be a "Seth Cohen - Amateur Spy" type show. Thankfully, that isn't the case (so far). The only character I'm not feeling yet is the best friend/co-worker, whose presence I think I could tolerate only in small doses.

Overall, I liked it enough to keep watching. Luckily, NBC moved it out of its original Tuesday slot to Monday, where it should have a better chance. And if future episodes can maintain the same quality (or improve) and if Journeyman can't hold onto the post-Heroes audience, NBC should consider moving Chuck to the Monday 10PM slot if it struggles at 8PM

Last edited by MadMark; 07-25-07 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-28-07, 03:51 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CHUCK Pilot Episode

The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz, and director McG (We Are Marshall), bring us Chuck, a new drama pilot at ABC, laced with humor about young twenty-something spies.

Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) plays Chuck, a nerdy computer tech who has a database of government secrets downloaded into his brain. Chuck soon finds himself recruited by John Casey (Adam Baldwin of Day Break), a veteran NSA Agent, for espionage work with his new partner (and first date in ten years) Sarah (Yvonne Strzechowski) -- leading Chuck to live a split life of computer geek and secret NSA missions.

Also cast in the pilot are Sarah Lancaster as Chuck's sister Ellie, Joshua Gomez as his best bud Morgan, and Natalie Martinez. McG will serve as executive producer with Schwartz. Chris Fedak and Peter Johnson are co-executive producers. On May 10, 2007, Chuck was officially given a series order by NBC.

i quite liked the pilot episode, it has some charm
Old 07-28-07, 04:58 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i should add that both Yvonne Strzechowski and Sarah Lancaster are smokin hot in this show !
Old 08-03-07, 03:29 PM

i thought the pilot was great.
I hope it lives to see at least 2 seasons. Reaper and the bionic woman pilot episodes were also great IMO
Old 08-03-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn, I thought was finally announcing the Chuck Norris reality show I've been waiting for.
Old 09-09-07, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I thought the pilot was VERY funny--I really like the main character.

The problem I have with it is the "high concept" itself. It's kind of hard to get past the corniness of this one. He sees a bunch of flashing images and then suddenly has all our national secrets in his brain, which seem to come out at the most opportune times? And suddenly he's fighting against two national agencies which must keep their thumb on him, but also rely on him to do their job? Just hard to get past.

I think I'd rather just see a show about Chuck and his life at Buy More. THAT would be worth watching.
Old 09-10-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it was good but i doubt it will last
Old 09-11-07, 02:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wmansir
I just watched this, Sarah Conner and Reaper and I think this was easily the best of the three. The action was great, humor was ok, actors seemed fine. It was shot extremely well.
Of those three, I was most entertained by Reaper. Really looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

Chuck just left me sort of cold. Didn't really like it, didn't really hate. Just, eh....
Old 09-11-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Kinda meh for me. Not to be negative, but I see it getting cancelled before fallssweeps.
Old 09-11-07, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really liked it. Chuck & Bionic Woman are the top two previews I have watched so far.
Old 09-11-07, 07:38 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
Of those three, I was most entertained by Reaper. Really looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

Chuck just left me sort of cold. Didn't really like it, didn't really hate. Just, eh....
Agreed. For a show about a regular guy that gets special powers, Reaper was vastly more entertaining.
Old 09-11-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wanna try this show out, but I'm already watching too many other things on Mondays. Don't know if I want to DVR this one too. I'll give the pilot a spin and decide then.
Old 09-11-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Originally Posted by madcougar
I wanna try this show out, but I'm already watching too many other things on Mondays. Don't know if I want to DVR this one too. I'll give the pilot a spin and decide then.
It's going to be re-aired on several of NBC's cable channels and I assume NBC will post it online the day after it airs.
Old 09-11-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just from the billboards of this show that I have seen, and the commercials...It just feels like one of those shows that you just know will not be on the air within a few weeks of it's premiere. Maybe i'm wrong, but that's the vibe I get from the title, billboards, and commercials.
Old 09-12-07, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Watched it last night after downloading the pilot from Amazon Unbox. We enjoyed it, but don't know how they will sustain it.
Old 09-12-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree with the consensus. It was pretty good, but I'd have to see where it goes plot-wise. The premise could wear thin quickly taken the wrong way. NBC could cancel it by episode 3. However if it thrives, NBC could have a "must see" Monday if Journeyman also does well....

(Then again, when was the last time a network locked up an evening ratings-wise with three consecutive hour-long shows?)
Old 09-12-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
I believe that Josh Schwartz is doing double duty as head writer/producer for this and Gossip Girl.
Old 09-12-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts
I wanted to see this. When was it on?
Old 09-12-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
It "was" on Monday Sept. 24th at 8 P.M. (EST) on NBC.

Old 09-12-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can view it using Unbox on Amazon to your TiVo.
Old 09-12-07, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts
Goddammit.

Pat, you should know better than to have a thread title that makes it seem like it already aired.
Old 09-12-07, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Goddammit.

Pat, you should know better than to have a thread title that makes it seem like it already aired.
That's why he didn't put a date in the thread title.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.