Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

No Reservations

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Reservations

saw in ad in the dc metro. looks like new episodes start next week...july 30th. bourdain will be in shanghai. i just love this guy, he tells it like it is. any other fans?
Old 07-25-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I really like Tony Bourdain. His show is witty and he tends to stay away from the really touristy spots. I'm astonished at how much he eats and how slender he is. I don't think there are alot of Travel Channel watchers here though.
Old 07-25-07, 09:01 PM
Banned

I love this show and the new season starts monday. I watch this and Taste of America. Anyone see No Reservations in the Pacific North West. Voodoo Doughnut shop looks like a must
Old 07-25-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've seen some previews from this show in movie theaters this summer. I thought it looked interesting so I'll probably check it out.
Old 07-26-07, 08:34 AM

it is worth checking out for sure TruGator.

As DJariva said, the host Tony Bourdain is great, very witty, tells it like it is, and goes to great places off the beaten path. great show to watch if you like food, travel, dry wit, or like me all of the above.
Old 07-26-07, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by bikerfool
Anyone see No Reservations in the Pacific North West. Voodoo Doughnut shop looks like a must
I saw that one and definitely agree. I really like Tony Bourdain as well, I think he's a very funny guy. Plus that particular episode also had Chuck Palahniuk, so there's a double bonus.
Old 07-26-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
That D shop in Oregon looked like a heart attack waiting to happen!!

I enjoy this and catch it through Comcast on-demand when possible. I'll have to setup a season pass!

Did anybody catch the Africa trip? Ick!
Old 07-26-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great news, I love this show.

I also enjoy his books quite a bit too and am currently reading The Nasty Bits I think it's called. If you enjoy his show you'll enjoy his books just as much.

The bizarre foods with Zimmerman is also pretty good tv I think.
Old 07-26-07, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Great news, I love this show.

I also enjoy his books quite a bit too and am currently reading The Nasty Bits I think it's called. If you enjoy his show you'll enjoy his books just as much.

The bizarre foods with Zimmerman is also pretty good tv I think.

It is funny, because when Tony went to Indonesia he ate the one fruit that is really stinky (Durian), and loves it but Zimmerman couldn't swallow his when he tried it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian
... its odor is best described as pig-shit, turpentine and onions, garnished with a gym sock. It can be smelled from yards away. Despite its great local popularity, the raw fruit is forbidden from some establishments such as hotels, subways and airports, including public transportation in Southeast Asia.

Last edited by jonw9; 07-26-07 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-27-07, 10:53 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Oh yeah. In his original series Cook's Tour, he ate the worst shit. Durian, baby birds, a cobra's heart, pretty much anything he came across. The only time he talks about getting deathly ill is when he ate some sort of bird's nest soup, where the nests were made from the bird's mucus, or something like that. Nasty stuff. I'm kind of burned out on No Reservations, but his books are excellent. Kitchen Confidential and A Cook's Tour. Haven't read the Nasty Bits yet, but it's on my list.
Old 07-27-07, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Where:

Bushmen Farmland, Arnold Huber

What:

Tony joined a hunt, took a tour and ate authentic bushmen dishes, including an ostrich-egg omelette, warthog brains/rectum/meat, tree beetles and Namibian truffles.
Old 07-27-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander
Oh yeah. In his original series Cook's Tour, he ate the worst shit. Durian, baby birds, a cobra's heart, pretty much anything he came across. The only time he talks about getting deathly ill is when he ate some sort of bird's nest soup, where the nests were made from the bird's mucus, or something like that. Nasty stuff. I'm kind of burned out on No Reservations, but his books are excellent. Kitchen Confidential and A Cook's Tour. Haven't read the Nasty Bits yet, but it's on my list.
I watch No Reservations BECAUSE of Cooks Tour. and I remember the beating cobra heart episode. Talk about brass Ballz....

We don't miss No Reservations and enjoy his take on the local people and scenes. Although he is a sarcastic SOB, He always seems to give his truth. Oh and the Peru episode was one of the best takes I have seen on Machu Picchu.

Lastly, the Namibia episode had me GACk'ing. [jack buck voice] I can't believe what I JUST SAW[/jack buck voice]
Old 07-30-07, 09:31 AM

im so excited for the new episode tonight. don't forget everyone!

i caught some old episodes last week and they reminded me how much i love bourdain.

the ghana episode i thought was so cool and the food looked so good.
Old 07-30-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys should check out Top Chef on Bravo. Tony shows up every now and then as the guest judge and he's quite a hoot in his criticisms.
Old 07-30-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I love Bourdain and have read all of his books. Interestingly, I met Alton Brown at a cooking seminar in Nashville last year and asked him what he thought of Bourdain. Alton stared at me and said, "I hate that guy."
Old 07-30-07, 05:46 PM

then i say whatever to Alton...cuz i love Bourdain! i will have to check him out on top chef. i am so excited for tonight. someday i have to go to shanghai myself!
Old 08-16-07, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im pretty unfamiliar with Tony, but this is a good show

What was he doing before this show? What made him famous?
Old 08-16-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Absolutley love it. This and the combo of Andrew Zimmerns "Bizarre Foods" is the most rockin combo on tv imo.
Old 08-16-07, 08:20 AM

Wasn't there a Bizarre Foods and No Reservations joint pack of episodes in NYC, did I miss this?

I haven't seen it show on my DVR, but saw ads for it weeks ago.
Old 08-16-07, 09:11 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by IMRICKJAMES
Im pretty unfamiliar with Tony, but this is a good show

What was he doing before this show? What made him famous?
He was a chef in NY that wrote a couple of books, one of which (A Cook's Tour) was the basis for his first show on the Food Network. His television career has taken off since then.
Old 08-16-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Wasn't there a Bizarre Foods and No Reservations joint pack of episodes in NYC, did I miss this?

I haven't seen it show on my DVR, but saw ads for it weeks ago.
Yeah, they are replaying the entire latest season of both shows this Sunday so set your DVR.

Bourdain also Blogs on the "Top Chef" webpage about the show. It's a good read as he often makes fun of many other chefs.
Old 08-16-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk God

The NY episode was solid. I loved the interaction with Andrew and Tony and especially when Andrew's show was transitioning into No Reservations.

I'm not sure how many more new episodes of No Reservations there are, but I recall reading on the Travel Channel web site that the next new batch probably won't premiere until January.
Old 01-04-08, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Just a headsup for anyone here who watches Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.

Season 4 premieres Monday at 10:00pm. Tony visits Singapore.
Old 01-04-08, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thx Djariya
Old 01-04-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
I love watching him (or anyone else for that matter) eat crazy shit, but I could live without some of the touristy, non-food stuff he does.

I really like the Bizarre Foods guy, Andrew Zimmern, but he really needs to learn to chew with his mouth closed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.