Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Guitar Hero 1 & 80's Encore on the PS3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-07, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guitar Hero 1 & 80's Encore on the PS3?

I never played Guitar Hero on the PS2 when I had one but decided to get Guitar Hero II on the 360 and have loved it ever since. Now with the new 80's game out there and the downloadable songs from the first one being so damn expensive (not to mention taking forever to come out), I just want to buy the PS2 games and play them on my PS3.

What I wanna know is if anyone has had success with any of those adapters out there that let you plug the PS2 guitar into the usb port on the PS3. I know of two from googling this topic. One is from Radio Shack and the other is made by Pelican. In the reviews I've read some say they work great while others say they are crap. The best review I've read says the Radio Shack adapter works with everything except the whammy bar, which I can live without. However, other people say it won't work at all because there is no home button. The Pelican one has the home button, but most everything else is awful.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 07-25-07, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how about on 360?? I would gladly buy both
Old 07-25-07, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by JPRaup
how about on 360?? I would gladly buy both
I wish...Then I wouldn't have to buy another guitar for the PS2 games. It may happen, but I want to play these songs now and I don't want to buy a PS2 again when I already shelled out the dough for the PS3.
Old 07-25-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
No adapter works well with the guitar hero PS2 guitar as far as I can tell. I'm waiting for 3 on the PS3 that comes with a wireless guitar. That will hopefully work with the PS2 games.
Old 07-25-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am under the impression it works 100% with GH 1 and has issues with GH 2. I have yet to hear any confirmation from the Red Octane released PS2/PS3 USB adaptor.
Old 07-26-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i finally opened up that pelican ps2-p3 adapter over the weekend to play rock the 80's. It was a pile of crap. Had to hold down certain things to navigate menus etc, just not user friendly. I kept missing random notes during song, managing maybe 3-4 stars on only medium. I have yet to try it on GH1, but for the 80's its terrible. Yet another awesome move by sony to not have 100% backwards compat. with their only good game