Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Paul McCartney/Wings music videos on DVD ever?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 07-24-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has Paul McCartney and/or Wings music videos ever been released in DVD format?

Considering his best stuff was in the 1970's, maybe they never bothered to make videos for their songs, unlike the Beatles?
Old 07-24-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
Saw a Wings music video on an old rerun of The Flip Wilson show once. So they made at least one.
Old 07-24-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember seeing Say, Say, Say (with Michael Jackson) and, I think I saw Ebony and Ivory, but it could have been a dream.

Now, if something was ever done for Band On The Run or Let Em In, then wow-a-wow-wow!!
Old 07-24-07, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wings over America (1976 Tour) was a filmed concert. I remember seeing it on HBO back in the early 80's......
Old 07-24-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a music video for LONDON TOWN, I'VE HAD ENOUGH (who remembers those two songs?), as well as LIVE AND LET DIE, WITH A LITTLE LUCK, UNCLE ALBERT, most can be seen on youtube. There was also a concert film called ROADSHAW that played in the theatres, then video and cable 25 years ago, but seem to disappear freom the face of the earth!
Old 07-25-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try Veoh.com look under years like 1976,1977 in music ok.
Old 07-26-07, 07:49 PM

A recent article (which I can't find at the moment) stated that a music video DVD collection was being readied. The story was published just as Memory Almost Full was coming out and discussed the "flurry" of projects Macca is buried in.. that being one of them. So, there's hope!
Old 09-29-07, 03:04 AM
Cool New Member

I've got a great "gray area" collection of 74 videos on 2 dvds, great professional quality package graphics ! It's called Paul McCartney...the Video Collection" (WOW- 151 1/2)

They are of varying quality, usually off Tv, but I'm tired of waiting for the official thing to come out...I need something now !
Old 09-29-07, 03:13 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
The mccartney years dvd is comin out 11/23 according to amazon
Old 11-05-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
From paulmccartney.com:

New McCartney DVD Set for Release 'The McCartney Years'

Features Exclusive Commentary, behind the scenes footage, over 40 music videos and two hours of historic live performances, The McCartney Years is set for release November 12th 2007.

On November 12th 2007, THE McCARTNEY YEARS, will hit the stores. This first time ever DVD includes the definitive visual collection of Paul McCartney's amazing career featuring solo music videos, career-spanning live performances, personal commentary by Paul McCartney and exclusive footage that tracks his incredible musical journey as never before.

Spanning four decades THE McCARTNEY YEARS is a three volume DVD collection, featuring some of the world's best-loved music that has become the soundtrack to all our lives.

VOLUME ONE and VOLUME TWO contain the definitive collection of McCartney music videos. Starting in the 1970s with Paul McCartney's first solo single Maybe I'm Amazed, the DVD includes the Wings promo video for Band On The Run as well as hits from the 1980s such as Say Say Say, and the 1990s with Biker Like An Icon. It finishes with 2005's Fine Line. The films can be viewed either in chronological order or as play-lists that have been personally arranged by Paul featuring his exclusive voiceover commentaries.

VOLUME THREE includes live performances taken from three classic McCartney live shows; ROCKSHOW filmed on Wings' 1976 World Tour, new edits of Paul's seminal UNPLUGGED in 1991 and Paul's now legendary headlining performance at 2004's GLASTONBURY Festival.

THE McCARTNEY YEARS is also packed with bonus features and extra never before seen footage and performances, including Let It Be from LIVE AID, archive interviews with Melvyn Bragg and Michael Parkinson, alternative versions of music videos and the full-length 2005 documentary Creating Chaos at Abbey Road. Paul has recorded exclusive commentary and personal introductions for each promo video and each live concert.

This collection has been meticulously restored and all films polished, re-graded and given a new lease of life in Widescreen format with re-mastered stereo audio and for the first time the original recordings re-mixed into 5.1 surround sound. THE McCARTNEY YEARS includes over 40 promo videos and over two hours of live performances.

The McCartney Years Tracklisting
DISC 1
1. Tug Of War 2. Say Say Say 3. Silly Love Songs 4. Band On The Run 5. Maybe I'm Amazed 6. Heart Of The Country 7. Mamunia 8. With A Little Luck 9. Goodnight Tonight 10. Waterfalls 11. My Love 12. C-Moon 13. Baby's Request 14. Hi Hi Hi 15. Ebony And Ivory 16. Take It Away 17. Mull Of Kintyre 18. Helen Wheels 19. I've Had Enough 20. Coming Up 21. Wonderful Christmastime

Extras
1. Juniors Farm 2. Band On The Run 3. London Town 4. Mull Of Kintyre 2 5. The Southbank Show

DISC 2
1. Pipes Of Peace 2. My Brave Face 3. Beautiful Night 4. Fine Line 5. No More Lonely Nights 6. This One
7. Little Willow 8. Pretty Little Head 9. Birthday 10. Hope Of Deliverance 11. Once Upon A Long Ago 12. All My Trials 13. Brown-Eyed Handsome Man 14. Press 15. No Other Baby 16. Off The Ground 17. Biker Like An Icon 18. Spies Like Us 19. Put It There 20. Figure Of Eight 21. C'Mon People

Extras
1. Parkinson 2. So Bad 3. Creating Chaos At Abbey Road

DISC 3
Rock Show
1. Venus And Mars 2. Rock Show 3. Jet 4. Maybe I'm Amazed 5. Lady Madonna 6. Listen To What The Man Said 7. Bluebird

MTV Unplugged
8. I Lost My Little Girl 9. Every Night 10. And I Love Her 11. That Would Be Something

Glastonbury
12. Jet 13. Flaming Pie 14. Let Me Roll It 15. Blackbird 16. Band On The Run 17. Back In The USSR 18. Live And Let Die 19. Hey Jude 20. Yesterday 21. Helter Skelter 22. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Extras
1. Live Aid 2. The Superbowl XXIV
Old 11-05-07, 09:34 PM
Banned

I'm in.
Old 02-27-08, 09:57 PM
Banned

Picked this up at CC tonight for $20.

After watching the third disc, all I have to say is this...

Paul, release the full Rockshow concert on DVD. NOW!

Last edited by Lt Ripley; 02-27-08 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 02:32 AM

Paul mccartney at I.L.M.

hi,
long time lurker here,great site by the way.
which dvd features the behind-the-scenes footage,
for the 'off the ground' music video.
its the footage where you see paul doing wire work for the flying scenes,
and you also get a glimpse of phil tippetts stop-motion models at I.L.M.
thanks.
Old 02-28-08, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Paul, release the full Rockshow concert on DVD. NOW!
I would have thought this would certainly have been released first. This was HUGE in the theaters when I was a kid.

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
I remember seeing Say, Say, Say (with Michael Jackson) and, I think I saw Ebony and Ivory, but it could have been a dream.
Obviously they do exist, but they are Paul McCartney solo - not Wings. Does anyone else but me separate Wings material from Paul McCartney solo stuff? To me there is a subtle difference.