DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Preliminary market research for upcoming anthology

bishop2knight
07-23-07, 08:02 AM
I'm heading to San Diego this week, in part, to start spreading the word about a new book I'm putting together. To help make the book is a good as possible, I wanted to ask a few questions to get a mix of comments from the DVDtalk crowd. Consider it a bit of market research. With your answers, I hope to tighten my book proposal, and if necessary, make some changes to the book's theme/content.

So, if you're interested, here's question one...

1) The book's title is Dear Santa, Let Me Explain...
What feelings does that title conjure up? What types of stories would you expect from a book with that title?

slop101
07-23-07, 10:33 AM
Sounds like a children's book dealing with morality from a child's perspective. Which makes me want to run from the book as far as possible...

DataZak
07-23-07, 10:59 PM
So, if you're interested, here's question one...

1) The book's title is Dear Santa, Let Me Explain...
What feelings does that title conjure up? What types of stories would you expect from a book with that title?

Without knowing anything more about the book other than the title, I'm gonna say, "Children's book" and I expect stories for the tween set and under-12s. Xmas-related stories.

bishop2knight
07-24-07, 08:32 AM
Well, perhaps I should've given more of a description. :lol:

It's a collection of Christmas disaster stories told through illustrated essay and sequential comic art. Many of the Christmases gone bad are indeed told from a child's perspective.

But at least from your answers, I'm close to being on track...

stingermck
07-25-07, 07:59 AM
Honestly, first thing I thought of was Lifetime Movie :)

Interesting though

JustinCleveland
07-26-07, 05:40 PM
I get nostalgic feelings, having been a rapscallion not unlike Calvin (of "And Hobbes" fame).

The Bus
08-14-07, 11:18 AM
It sounds like the title of a Calvin and Hobbes compendium.