Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Kill Point---8 episode mini-series 7/22/07 SPIKE TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Kill Point---8 episode mini-series 7/22/07 SPIKE TV

Why was the last Kill Point thread moved and is now locked and unaccessible?

Anyways, I thought I would start this one again.

Synopis:

Spoiler:
Emmy(R)Award-winning actor and Golden Globe nominee John Leguizamo and Donnie Wahlberg star in Spike TV's new original scripted series, THE KILL POINT, an eight-hour event focusing on two men as they square off during a bank heist gone horribly wrong and the hostage negotiations that ensue. John Leguizamo is "Mr. Wolf," the leader of a small group of military veterans who set out to rob a major bank in Pittsburgh. When things go awry, they're forced to take more than a dozen hostages from all walks of life, including a wealthy and powerful businessman's daughter. Suddenly, "Mr. Wolf" finds himself battling the police, the hostages and members of his own team while at the same time, fighting his own personal demons from the Iraq war and from his own war at home. Will he be sharp enough to hold it all together or lose control of the situation? And will he find redemption before it's too late -- and does he even care to? On the opposite side of the perimeter is "Horst Cali," the Pittsburgh Police Department Hostage Negotiator, played by Donnie Wahlberg, who must go toe-to-toe with "Mr. Wolf." "Cali" must use his wit and negotiating skills, while managing his own personal issues, to manipulate the situation and convince Wolf to free the hostages before the FBI takes control, or worse. With time of the essence and the uncertainty of the unfolding events, both men need to remain resourceful and collected or risk losing lives. THE KILL POINT reveals how the hostage takers leverage their situation and how the negotiator tries to unravel their plans. Which man will blink? Who will outsmart the other? Who will survive? It's a dangerous game of chess played out with human lives at stake.

Sounds like it's going to be an interesting mini-series.
Old 07-21-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, and I like those guys, too. Why does Donnie have to have personal issues, though? I'd like for once to see a show, mini-series, etc where it focuses soley on the task at hand. I'll still watch.
Old 07-22-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
This looks kind of interesting. I like Leguezamo and Donnie Wahlberg so I'll DVR this.
Old 07-22-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
It was moved and locked because it was a studio shill that started the thread.
Old 07-23-07, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just finished the first episode. I thought it was solid (well written, acted, interesting characters)...Surprising for something on Spike TV. I'll definitely be tuning in for future episodes. Also, it was good to see several cast members from "The Wire" getting some work.
Old 08-01-07, 11:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey folks,

Just finished second episode. Good stuff. I like the multiple factions coming into play here. Any thoughts on where they are going from here? I'd hate to see Mr. Wolf and his group go out in the typical "blaze of glory."
Old 08-30-07, 02:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone stick with this through the end? I thought it was pretty entertaining, if illogical in a lot of places. I guess it had to end the way it did though.
Old 08-30-07, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I watched it all the way through, but really think it was at least 3-4 episodes too long given the limitations of the premise.
Old 08-30-07, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Didn't finish it yet, but what is up with Donnie Wahlberg's character's name....Horst Cali? Sounds like a new brand of Horse Radish.