DVD Talk
Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Version 2.0 [Archive] - Page 4 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Version 2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

sg2386
10-11-07, 10:38 PM
Also TNAwrestling.com just put up the Bound for Glory 2007 Special.

12 DVDs include:

BEST OF THE X DIVISION VOLUME 1
BEST OF THE X DIVISION VOLUME 2
BEST OF AJ STYLES VOLUME 1
BEST OF AJ STYLES VOLUME 2
NEVERMORE THE BEST OF RAVEN
UNSTOPPABLE THE BEST OF SAMOA JOE
BEST OF CHRISTOPHER DANIELS
BEST OF JEFF HARDY
BEST OF THE BLOODIEST BRAWLS
BEST OF THE TAG TEAMS
50 GREATEST MOMENTS
AND
BEST OF STING

the package is $69.95, it a great deal for people who don't own any of them.

John S.
10-12-07, 04:02 PM
Good question!

But the thing is we won't find out til about January since Vol. 3 and 4 will be released. But i have a strong feeling that they will leave his footage as is as well as for future Anthology releases.

I don't they will add his matches in compilation DVDs or superstar DVDs, which explains why they left out those awesome tag matches from SD in 2002 between Angle/Benoit, Guerreros, Mysterio/Edge from the Mysterio DVD.

Thank you for your response. I agree that at this point, it is understandable for WWE not to include Benoit footage on compilations, but I certainly hope WWE don't try to "erase Benoit from history" on these anthologies. As someone who would rather buy the Rumble volumes separately because I don't want to spend that much money at once, it will be a no sale without Benoit footage. (Plus, he won the 2004 Rumble Match, so deleting his footage would completely ruin that PPV.)

MovieExchange
10-12-07, 06:15 PM
I'm sure this has been answered already, but I don't have the time to dig through the thread... did any release of SummerSlam have the cards that continued the set started by the Best Buy tin set? I checked in Best Buy, and the employee assured me that he was a huge wrestling fan and had never heard of BB getting in an exclusive set.

Untitled 1
10-12-07, 06:28 PM
I'm sure this has been answered already, but I don't have the time to dig through the thread... did any release of SummerSlam have the cards that continued the set started by the Best Buy tin set? I checked in Best Buy, and the employee assured me that he was a huge wrestling fan and had never heard of BB getting in an exclusive set.

My Summerslam Pickups
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/Summerslam07.jpg

Credit goes to Throwback but I think this is what you are looking for.

BrIaNMeRcY
10-12-07, 08:07 PM
Found this on WalMart's website.

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/65/11/91/94/0065119194641_500X500.jpg

Sabrett
10-12-07, 08:23 PM

Yes, they did get in the exclusive trading cards. That worker can't be a huge wrestling fan if he didn't know that...

MovieExchange
10-12-07, 11:30 PM
Sigh... ok, thanks guys. Once again this goes to show - Best Buy employees are fucking morons.

lastofthewild1s
10-13-07, 11:40 AM
Found this on WalMart's website.

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/65/11/91/94/0065119194641_500X500.jpg
So is this the Wal-Mart exclusive for Unforgiven? If so, I'll pass. I was hoping for it being packaged together with another dvd or something.

xage
10-13-07, 02:40 PM

Just a question, was this inquiry more of a DVD details or

a. to bash a sales clerk?
b. to cover-up a mis-information post you made?

Best Buy should have an exclusive tin like the Wrestlemania one.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=506684&page=24&pp=25

It is pretty easy if you just have to go a few thread pages back (or two thread pages after your post) , it was clearly shared and with photos what a Bestbuy exclusive have.

My Summerslam Pickups
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/Summerslam07.jpg

FYE's the better looking one...
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=506684&page=26&pp=25

JLBkret
10-16-07, 11:08 AM
FYI My local Walmart had a big poster at the front of the store promoting the Walmart exclusive Undertaker 15-0 dvd coming out next week. Now that is a must have!

sg2386
10-16-07, 11:35 AM
Unforgiven 2007 is released today, anyone be able to get it from Blockbuster? or is the same deal as Summerslam?

sg2386
10-16-07, 12:00 PM
Here is the match listing for the World Class Championship Wrestling DVD:

**Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy in Fritz's Retirement match
**NWA champion Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich from the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions
**The Fabulous Freebirds vs. Kevin & David Von Erich and Iceman Parsons
**Fritz & Mike & David Von Erich vs. The Fabulous Freebirds
**Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious
**The Fantastics vs. The Midnight Express
**Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich

I found on 411mania.com

and also here the extras for the No Mercy DVD itself according to silvervision:

DVD Extras
- John Cena Surgery
- Batista Interview after Punjabi Prison Match
- The aftermath next night on Raw

Leechboy
10-16-07, 12:00 PM
Unforgiven 2007 is released today, anyone be able to get it from Blockbuster? or is the same deal as Summerslam?

I just "rented" it today. Apparently BB has some new rental terms. The girl cashing me out was talking pretty fast so I didn't catch much. What I got was that it's $2.99 initial rental fee + 99 cents a day after that. After a week it's converted to a sale. I could be wrong and probably am. So this dvd is going to cost almost $40 in the end. I think I may just end up returning it.

dadaluholla
10-16-07, 12:26 PM
FYI My local Walmart had a big poster at the front of the store promoting the Walmart exclusive Undertaker 15-0 dvd coming out next week. Now that is a must have!

Who here is going to buy the Undertaker 15-0 DVD? Aside from it being an "exclusive", I really didn't see much point in getting it, since the majority of fans should have these matches on DVD already.

Here is the match listing for the World Class Championship Wrestling DVD:

**Fritz Von Erich vs. King Kong Bundy in Fritz's Retirement match
**NWA champion Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich from the David Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions
**The Fabulous Freebirds vs. Kevin & David Von Erich and Iceman Parsons
**Fritz & Mike & David Von Erich vs. The Fabulous Freebirds
**Chris Adams & Sunshine vs. Jimmy Garvin & Precious
**The Fantastics vs. The Midnight Express
**Chris Adams vs. Kevin Von Erich

Thanks. Wow, not much here, so I may hold off on buying this one.

JLBkret
10-16-07, 12:29 PM
Who here is going to buy the Undertaker 15-0 DVD? Aside from it being an "exclusive", I really didn't see much point in getting it, since the majority of fans should have these matches on DVD already.

Even though I own all the WM's and the Undertaker sets I will still pick it up. I think it is pretty cool putting all his undefeated streak matches in one set. I wonder if Walmart will have the big display next week with the Taker and Rey Mysterio dvds?

Ringmaster
10-16-07, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know if f.y.e. or Walmart will have an exclusive 4th disc for the Rey Mysterio set?

Aces_High
10-16-07, 07:28 PM
No Unforgiven's for sale, so I "rented" Unforgiven 2007 from a local Blockbuster today-no difference price wise-it was $4.99 total for the rental. It's got an option to buy on 10/25 (a week away) for $24.99. If I keep it, I imagine it's gonna be the same price, $27.15 (24.99 plus tax) what I also paid for Summerslam.

I told myself $32 was a rip for a PPV DVD, especially when I can get it at WM for 14.99, I figured put the extra 15 towards a TNA DVD. But when I went to Block, I caved, cause I know I will regret not getting the rare exclusive bonus disc in the future, and will be kicking myself for not spending the extra $15.

For the record, I'll be buying 1 copy of the Rey dvd. They could do 10,000 colors and I'm only getting one!

Aces_High
10-16-07, 07:31 PM
Also, I wanted to know-those of you who are collectors-what is the best route to go with the Summerslam & Unforgiven (and future releases) Blockbuster exclusives, case wise? Do I keep it in the rental case and keep the Blockbuster stickers on it, or do I take the stickers off, or do I go for a case similar to the one all the 2 disc dvds since Rumble came in. Whaddya recommend?

sg2386
10-16-07, 07:53 PM
Also, I wanted to know-those of you who are collectors-what is the best route to go with the Summerslam & Unforgiven (and future releases) Blockbuster exclusives, case wise? Do I keep it in the rental case and keep the Blockbuster stickers on it, or do I take the stickers off, or do I go for a case similar to the one all the 2 disc dvds since Rumble came in. Whaddya recommend?

The Summerslam DVD i bought from a seller in the US never had the rental sticker on it and was never on the shelf but had the blockbuster case, i just switched the cases with a spare double disc case i had.

I also bought Unforgiven from him today and it was the same deal, from the picture there was no sticker and was never rented, and had the blockbuster case. So i am just going to do the same thing.

I say if you could remove the sticker easily without damage then go for it and if you have extra cases use them.

Bigjames
10-16-07, 07:59 PM
The stickers on the Blockbuster cases come off easy and do not leave a residue. We change them all time for different reasons.

throwback
10-16-07, 09:36 PM
New Pickups:
Unforgiven 2007
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/unfor.jpg
-Blockbuster & Wal-Mart Exclusive

Jman4200
10-17-07, 12:28 AM
I may be in the minority here but i really could care less about the BB editions since i record raw, sd and ecw to dvd myself anyway, but i do try to collect special editions like the wal mart exclusive hogan set and the circuit city piper set, yeah i would be interested to know to if the mysterio dvd set has an exclusive somewhere. I may pick up the taker wal mart dvd depending on the price, although I do have all those WM matches on dvd it would cool to have them on one dvd.

Untitled 1
10-17-07, 08:00 AM
I may be in the minority here but i really could care less about the BB editions since i record raw, sd and ecw to dvd myself anyway, but i do try to collect special editions like the wal mart exclusive hogan set and the circuit city piper set, yeah i would be interested to know to if the mysterio dvd set has an exclusive somewhere. I may pick up the taker wal mart dvd depending on the price, although I do have all those WM matches on dvd it would cool to have them on one dvd.

I collect them for the extra footage, but the main reason I track them down is because I pretty much own every WWF/E DVD release including Region 1 and Region 2 bonus disc sets. I purchase all the Blockbuster releases so it keeps in line with my collection.

MovieExchange
10-17-07, 08:27 AM
Just a question, was this inquiry more of a DVD details or

a. to bash a sales clerk?
b. to cover-up a mis-information post you made?

Just a question, why are you going out of your way to be an ass towards me?

Look, pal, I've done a hell of a lot more for the wrestling fans on this site (and probably the people on this site in general) than you ever will. So take your attitude and stuff it, ok?

Oh, and the answer to your question is "none of the above." I made a mistake with the assumption that BB would have a tin. I'm sure perfect people like you don't make mistakes, but the rest of us do.

Now don't bother talking to me again until you grow up.

SuperBatMan
10-17-07, 11:45 AM
source: SilverVision.co.uk

Here is the match listing for the upcoming "Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph" three disc DVD set that is set to be released in January 2008. All of the matches featured on the new DVD set weren't featured in the 2003 Shawn Michaels DVD release. There will also be a documentary on Michaels' life & career in the DVD set.

Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph DVD (3 Discs)

He's the Heartbreak Kid; the Showstopper. For more than two decades, Shawn Michaels has had amazing matches inside the ring and controversial moments outside the ring. Now, for the first time on DVD, fans can see the whole story, from the Rockers through D-Generation X and the clique and Montreal Screwjob along the way. This 3-disc DVD set collects some of Shawn’s greatest matches, including many matches never before available on DVD.

Matches include:

Shawn Michaels vs. Billy Jack Haynes
WCCW 11/1/85

AWA Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Rockers vs. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers
AWA 10/2/87

AWA Tag Team Championship Match
The Midnight Rockers vs. Super Ninja & Ninja Go
AWA 12/6/87

The Rockers vs. The Brainbusters
MSG 23/1/89

WWE Tag Team Championship (2 out of 3 falls)
The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation
October 1990

The Rockers vs. Orient Express
Royal Rumble 19/1/91

Intercontinental Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog
Saturday Night’s Main Event 8/11/92

Shawn Michaels enters #1 and wins the Rumble
Royal Rumble 22/1/95

Intercontinental Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Jarrett
In Your House 23/7/95

WWE Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog
King of the Ring 23/6/96

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
RAW 29/12/03

The Rockers vs. La Resistance
RAW 14/3/05

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle
Vengeance 26/6/05

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena
RAW 23/4/07

Promos
RAW 4/4/94 – Heartbreak Hotel
Tell Me A Lie Music Video
RAW 1/8/05 - Larry King Spoof

Deleted Scenes
Wrestling Academy
Bible Teacher
Colorado Expedition
Who's the Greatest "Wrestler"?

Stories
High School Prankster
High School Talent Show
Letter Jacket
Mom’s Approval
The Bruise
The Rockers “Fight”
This Is a Little Higher Than I Thought
Brown Pants

:banana: Finally, the Jarrett v. HBK match is on a DVD. I also like how this DVD kinda goes around the From the Vault DVD and doesn't overlap it.

dadaluholla
10-17-07, 12:25 PM
Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena
RAW 23/4/07

Wooo! I hope this isn't going to be clipped.

Not a bad looking set at all. Although I hope they don't show the entire 1995 Rumble match HBK won, since I'll probably be picking up the individual Rumble sets that day as well.

nodeerforamonth
10-17-07, 01:05 PM
Wooo! I hope this isn't going to be clipped.

They obviously keep filming when commercials are on TV. They should show the WHOLE match, including what goes on during the commercials.

James Hardy
10-17-07, 02:24 PM
They obviously keep filming when commercials are on TV. They should show the WHOLE match, including what goes on during the commercials.

They never do though.

dx23
10-17-07, 02:31 PM
please continue wrestling DVD discusion here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=514680

sg2386
10-17-07, 05:05 PM
They never do though.

They did for the DX 3 disc DVD.

Music
10-17-07, 06:21 PM
Just a question, why are you going out of your way to be an ass towards me?

Look, pal, I've done a hell of a lot more for the wrestling fans on this site (and probably the people on this site in general) than you ever will. So take your attitude and stuff it, ok?

Oh, and the answer to your question is "none of the above." I made a mistake with the assumption that BB would have a tin. I'm sure perfect people like you don't make mistakes, but the rest of us do.

Now don't bother talking to me again until you grow up.

Agreed!

Very well said!