DVD Talk
Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Version 2.0 [Archive] - Page 3 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Version 2.0

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Astro7x
09-08-07, 01:48 AM
They didn't edit anything in the Ladder Match DVD itself concerning Benoit, did they?

LaxBandit
09-08-07, 10:41 AM
That FIP Buy 3 Get 1 sale is tempting me. There are about 10 shows I need to complete that collection.

Don't know what DVD's you need but you may be able to find some of them via DeepDiscount.com - they sell a few Full Impact Pro DVDs for $6.09. (Type World Wrestling Network or FIP in the search.)

They also sell the better version of the FIP-Best Of CM Punk DVD for $6.09. This one includes not only all the FIP matches that the one ROHWrestling.com sells but also has a pretty good IWA-Mid South documentary along with some ROH matches that the one on ROHWrestling.com one doesn't have. Also you save almost $9.00 too! (Type Best of CM Punk in the search-its the first DVD shown)

Also anyone wanting to try "Shimmer Wrestling" (the womens wrestling promotion that ROH runs), they have the first four "Volumes" available right now (Volume #5 will on sale there come Oct 16) for $6.09 which is about $9 less per dvd from what ROHWrestling.com charges. (Type World Wrestling Network or Shimmer Wrestling in the search.)

LB...

EdTheRipper
09-08-07, 05:10 PM
Don't know what DVD's you need but you may be able to find some of them via DeepDiscount.com - they sell a few Full Impact Pro DVDs for $6.09. (Type World Wrestling Network or FIP in the search.)

They also sell the better version of the FIP-Best Of CM Punk DVD for $6.09. This one includes not only all the FIP matches that the one ROHWrestling.com sells but also has a pretty good IWA-Mid South documentary along with some ROH matches that the one on ROHWrestling.com one doesn't have. Also you save almost $9.00 too! (Type Best of CM Punk in the search-its the first DVD shown)

Also anyone wanting to try "Shimmer Wrestling" (the womens wrestling promotion that ROH runs), they have the first four "Volumes" available right now (Volume #5 will on sale there come Oct 16) for $6.09 which is about $9 less per dvd from what ROHWrestling.com charges. (Type World Wrestling Network or Shimmer Wrestling in the search.)

LB...

Thanks for the heads-up. Once I get my finances a bit straightened out, I'll definitely see what they've got to offer.

Aces_High
09-08-07, 06:26 PM
Wouldn't ya know....So TNA puts up 11 DVD Deal for 59.99. 2 Weeks ago, I needed 8 of the 11 titles. But I made a trade with someone, and now I only need 4 of the 11. I'm gonna end up missing out on this one since TNA doesn't take paypal, and it's the weekend so I don't have enough time to move funds around to make it work. I guess it just isn't meant to be....

I can't wait until ROH puts more DVD Grab bags up...I'm down for 4-5 depending on the sale they have going on at the time.

Is trading DVD's allowed on this board? Figured I'd ask before putting my haves/wants out there blindly and ending up banned. Thanks

MovieExchange
09-08-07, 06:30 PM
Is trading DVD's allowed on this board? Figured I'd ask before putting my haves/wants out there blindly and ending up banned. Thanks

There's an exchange forum specifically for trading:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6

Untitled 1
09-08-07, 07:40 PM
They didn't edit anything in the Ladder Match DVD itself concerning Benoit, did they?

Chris Benoit is still on the actual DVD, he was just edited from the design packaging. He was however removed from the WWE Live In Italy DVD which is exclusive to Silvervisions website.

SteveOVig
09-08-07, 09:36 PM
I just picked up the fantastic deal on TNA's site for the eleven discs. I needed about eight of them, so it'll work out great for me. When the time comes I'll make an official post at the trading area but I didn't need Unbreakable, Against All Odds 06, or Hard Justice 05. Now let's just hope that TNA doesn't screw anything up with this.

shacmasta
09-09-07, 01:17 PM
I just picked up the fantastic deal on TNA's site for the eleven discs. I needed about eight of them, so it'll work out great for me. When the time comes I'll make an official post at the trading area but I didn't need Unbreakable, Against All Odds 06, or Hard Justice 05. Now let's just hope that TNA doesn't screw anything up with this.

Yes, TNA has screwed me in the past and there service is pretty bad....but no good, self respecting dvd collector could pass on this deal when there's more than 8 dvd's that are missing from my collection, 9 if I didn't jump on the samoa joe dvd that amazon put on sale last week.

shacmasta
09-09-07, 03:17 PM
Cover art for the unfortunately delayed WCCW Docu Release. Hopefully this will see the light of day, One day.

Too bad. That was probably in my top 3 of most wanted new dvd's from the wwe this year.

http://www.wrestlingshop.co.uk/images/P/wccw.gif

Here's some info on the TNA year one release....Sorry if it was already posted.

http://www.wrestlingshop.co.uk/images/P/tna_year_one.gif

The main feature on the DVD – a nearly two-hour documentary on the first year of TNA – covers the following topics:

- The story behind the origin of TNA Wrestling during a fishing trip in 2001
- Jeff Jarrett talks candidly about the early steps in the creation of TNA and his vision for the promotion
- The idea behind the weekly Pay-Per-View format
- Several TNA stars talk about the demise of WCW and how they first heard about TNA
- Setting up the TNA offices and bringing together the TNA roster
- Meetings with Pay-Per-View providers
- Problems that arose in the weeks leading up to the debut of TNA
- Mike Tenay and Don West talk about meeting for the first time
- How the ring broke just minutes before the start of the first Pay-Per-View
- Memories from many TNA stars from that first night
- How TNA almost didn’t make it after the first few months
- TNA President Dixie Carter talks about TNA and Panda Energy joining forces
- How Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett first met
- The creation of TNA’s X Division with stories from AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels
- The creation of TNA’s Tag Team Division with America’s Most Wanted, The New Church and Triple X, with comments from “Wildcat” Chris Harris, “Cowboy” James Storm, “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels and “Primetime” Elix Skipper
- TNA makes “The Asylum” their home in Nashville, Tennessee
- BG James, Chris Harris and Mike Tenay remember Curt Hennig
- The most-anticipated match in TNA’s first-year - Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven – with comments from both stars
- And much, MUCH MORE!

Also featured during the documentary are many of the unforgettable moments from TNA’s first year on Pay-Per-View:

- The in-ring debut of country music icon Toby Keith
- The Road Warriors come to TNA
- Jeff Jarrett brawls with the Tennessee Titans
- Chris Rock brings Hollywood to TNA
- Ken Shamrock vs. Sabu in a Ladder Match
- Raven vs. Sandman in the first-ever “House Of Fun” match
- The debut of “Rowdy” Roddy Piper
- Battles over the NWA World Heavyweight Title featuring Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock, AJ Styles, Ron “The Truth” Killings and Raven
- The wars between America’s Most Wanted and The New Church and Triple X
- X Division Championship matches with Senshi, AJ Styles, Chris Sabin and The Amazing Red
- Appearances by Ricky Steamboat, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Rock N’ Roll Express, Nikita Koloff, Vader and much more

The DVD features exclusive interviews and comments from such TNA personalities as:

Jeff Jarrett
“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles
TNA President Dixie Carter
“Wildcat” Chris Harris
BG James
“Cowboy” James Storm
“The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels
Raven
“Primetime” Elix Skipper
Mike Tenay
Don West
Bob Ryder
Ron & Don Harris
Jeremy Borash
Referee Rudy Charles
Referee Andrew Thomas

The matches included on “TNA: Year 1” are as follows:

-June 19, 2002 – Gauntlet For The Gold
-June 26, 2002 – Elimination Match: Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles vs. Psichosis vs. Senshi
-August 28, 2002 – Triple Ladder Match For The X Division Championship: Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles vs. Senshi
-January 8, 2003 – World Tag Team Championship Match: America’s Most Wanted vs. The New Church
-April 30, 2003 – World Heavyweight Championship Match: Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven
All this and much more on the “TNA: Year 1” DVD coming November 20 from TNA Home Video!

eiker_ir
09-09-07, 03:34 PM
i ordered the 11 DVDs offer earlier today, first time i've ever bought from them. How long do they usually take to ship the order?

shacmasta
09-09-07, 03:52 PM
i ordered the 11 DVDs offer earlier today, first time i've ever bought from them. How long do they usually take to ship the order?

Maybe 2-4 days after the order is placed but this one they warn you to PLEASE ALLOW 7-14 DAYS FOR SHIPPING ...So

BobSchlapowitz
09-09-07, 06:35 PM
Is it true that they don't blur out the WWF logo on the "Tagged Classics" series? I heard something to that effect.

bobert3
09-09-07, 09:02 PM
Thanks Shacmasta. TNA Year One will be a must have for me.

shacmasta
09-09-07, 10:21 PM
Thanks Shacmasta. TNA Year One will be a must have for me.

No prob. Just passing along the info. I agree about being a must have. I very rarely look forward to anything TNA related, but this one will be a must buy for me as well.

Aces_High
09-09-07, 10:57 PM
I'll be picking up the TNA First Year DVD release...I just hope it's not a snoozer like "50 Greatest Moments" turned out to be. I mean, it was okay, but I expected more from it. WWE has set the bar when it comes to 2 hour documentary DVDs. It does have ALOT to do with the people doing commentary, which I guess isn't really TNA's fault.

Untitled 1
09-10-07, 08:17 AM
Is it true that they don't blur out the WWF logo on the "Tagged Classics" series? I heard something to that effect.

It is true that all Tagged Classics releases do not blank out sound and logo references to WWF. Tagged Classics are the old WWF VHS and DVDs formatted onto a new release with new DVD scene selections and extra screens.

Untitled 1
09-10-07, 09:24 AM
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/images/products/WWE1176_L.JPG

Probably a temporary cover but credit Silvervision for this image

eiker_ir
09-10-07, 11:48 AM
Maybe 2-4 days after the order is placed but this one they warn you to PLEASE ALLOW 7-14 DAYS FOR SHIPPING ...So

i just received the email that the order shipped, less than 24 hours after placing it, that was pretty fast.

vcuram
09-10-07, 01:51 PM
Has anyone seen a review of XPW S1? Or does anyone here have it?

shacmasta
09-10-07, 05:11 PM
i just received the email that the order shipped, less than 24 hours after placing it, that was pretty fast.

Me too. Hopefully it actually does ship and not what they have a history of doing, Which is print a shipping label and notify fed ex/dhl to come pick it up whenever they have the time.

Has anyone seen a review of XPW S1? Or does anyone here have it?

I do...but I'm lazy to actually watch it. I'll get around to it some time/day. Anything you wanna know? Happy to pop it in and check it out on some spare time. just let me know.

robsul82
09-10-07, 05:50 PM
I found the covers for the new Shawn Michaels DVD and John Cena DVD that are being released in November. The HBK one is a 2 disc and the Cena is 3 disc.

http://www.kochcan.com/items/large/KOC-DV-9250.jpg

http://www.kochcan.com/items/large/KOC-DV-9224.jpg

HBK, perhaps the greatest ever...TWO discs...

John Cena, THREE discs.

God, I hate Vince and his Hulk Cena obsession.

eiker_ir
09-10-07, 05:54 PM
Me too. Hopefully it actually does ship and not what they have a history of doing, Which is print a shipping label and notify fed ex/dhl to come pick it up whenever they have the time.

on the Fedex site it says that they picked up mine today a few hours ago.

Music
09-10-07, 06:01 PM
HBK, perhaps the greatest ever...TWO discs...

John Cena, THREE discs.

God, I hate Vince and his Hulk Cena obsession.

Yeah... that is backasswards!

sg2386
09-10-07, 06:20 PM
Yeah... that is backasswards!

atleast we know that one of the DVDs will include the Cena/HBK "55 minute" epic match from UK.

Music
09-10-07, 06:36 PM
atleast we know that one of the DVDs will include the Cena/HBK "55 minute" epic match from UK.

Those bastards will probably put it on both!..... bastiges!!!

Music
09-10-07, 06:39 PM
Maybe they will make the HBK one be mostly up until his back injury where he had to leave, and then his return up to where he won the belt and then come out with a Part 2, 2 disc for his time after that....

Nope they are going to screw it up.... just like the 4 Horsemen one....

Dean Kousoulas
09-10-07, 06:50 PM
To be fair HBK has already had a 1 disc of matches from his 1996 title run, a great 2 disc "best of" and the 2 "DX" sets.

lastofthewild1s
09-10-07, 07:22 PM
If WWE were smart (not saying they are) they will put that match on Cena's set. That would prompt quite a few to buy the Cena dvd that otherwise might not. It would be a deal maker for me, as I have no desire to purchase a John Cena dvd set. I don't even have Word Life.

shacmasta
09-10-07, 10:30 PM
on the Fedex site it says that they picked up mine today a few hours ago.

Hmm...I'll be....

Mine too and is scheduled for a thursday arrival.

shacmasta
09-10-07, 10:34 PM
Maybe they will make the HBK one be mostly up until his back injury where he had to leave, and then his return up to where he won the belt and then come out with a Part 2, 2 disc for his time after that....

Nope they are going to screw it up.... just like the 4 Horsemen one....

I read the HBK dvd will be the dvd version of his book. So a documentary w/ about 12 matches seems about right.

nodeerforamonth
09-11-07, 09:36 AM

We know that? What's the match listing?

afcchamp88
09-11-07, 04:33 PM
If WWE were smart (not saying they are) they will put that match on Cena's set. That would prompt quite a few to buy the Cena dvd that otherwise might not. It would be a deal maker for me, as I have no desire to purchase a John Cena dvd set. I don't even have Word Life.

I would bet my entire collection that the Cena dvd outsells the HBK dvd.

JimyThng420
09-11-07, 04:59 PM
I have acquired a Koch version of Judgement Day 2002, and I was wondering other than not being as rare, what differs from the US version? Thanks.

sg2386
09-11-07, 05:27 PM
We know that? What's the match listing?

Theres no match listing yet, but from the looks of it they will include it on either the Cena or HBK DVD or possibly both.

We were expecting the match to be on the bonus disc of the Blockbuster exclusive Backlash 2007 DVD, but it wasn't so it seems like WWE wants to add that match on a compilation DVD.

sg2386
09-11-07, 05:31 PM
I have acquired a Koch version of Judgement Day 2002, and I was wondering other than not being as rare, what differs from the US version? Thanks.

Nothing that important, it just has the US number on the spine, back, and disc.

The US version is rare because it was only available on WWEshop.com for a short time while the KOCH version of Judgment Day was available in all Canadian stores.

Same deal with Vengeance 2002.

sg2386
09-11-07, 05:57 PM
Here are the extras for the Summerslam 2007 DVD itself

Special Features:
- Kane vs. The Great Khali (SmackDown - 17/08/07)
- Carlito’s Cabana w/ Mr. McMahon & Triple H (Raw - 25/08/07)

I hope the Blockbuster bonus disc includes the CM Punk vs. John Morrison ECW Title match.

doctaheath78
09-11-07, 10:58 PM
Here are the extras for the Summerslam 2007 DVD itself

Special Features:
- Kane vs. The Great Khali (SmackDown - 17/08/07)
- Carlito’s Cabana w/ Mr. McMahon & Triple H (Raw - 25/08/07)

I hope the Blockbuster bonus disc includes the CM Punk vs. John Morrison ECW Title match.

My guess would be that it will be on the UNFORGIVEN DVD (Blockbuster version), since Punk is now facing Burke for the ECW title and it would make more sense for the Punk/Morrison match to be on the Unforgiven DVD to explain why Punk is the champ going into the match.

nodeerforamonth
09-12-07, 12:26 AM
Theres no match listing yet, but from the looks of it they will include it on either the Cena or HBK DVD or possibly both.

So that's all speculation. People are talking like the 55min HBK/Cena match is a done deal on any of these DVDs.

It's not.

eiker_ir
09-12-07, 01:41 PM
Hmm...I'll be....

Mine too and is scheduled for a thursday arrival.

my order arrived today, everything was perfect

JAROTO
09-12-07, 04:02 PM
I heard the new Mysterio DVD will be available in four different coloured covers, red, blue, green or silver, limited edition style.

sg2386
09-12-07, 04:53 PM
I heard the new Mysterio DVD will be available in four different coloured covers, red, blue, green or silver, limited edition style.

I guess thats good news for the collectors.

shacmasta
09-12-07, 05:15 PM

Crap....My wallet isn't too happy right now, but I am.

SteveOVig
09-12-07, 06:07 PM
My TNA order arrived today as well and in pretty darn good condition. They only taped it once and someone could easily have stolen from it by lifting up the top of the box but oh well. Great service, it must be the new dude in charge.

dadaluholla
09-13-07, 09:34 AM
I've seen some retailers listing the upcoming HBK set as 2 discs and some have it at 3 discs...so it's hard telling what will actually get released. I'd say it ends up with 3 though.

shacmasta
09-13-07, 05:23 PM
My TNA order arrived today as well and in pretty darn good condition. They only taped it once and someone could easily have stolen from it by lifting up the top of the box but oh well. Great service, it must be the new dude in charge.

Mine too...

Anybody else get this box set in your order.

http://bigblue.co.jp/dvd/tna/ppv/triple_threat.gif

It's the futureshop exclusive boxset w/hard justice 05, slammiversary & no surrender.

SteveOVig
09-14-07, 12:16 AM
Yea, that's the box set I got with my order. Didn't bother me though.

Aces_High
09-14-07, 08:58 AM
ROH has the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Sale back.

And even better for people like me, Grab bags are back, this time 4 for $11.95 (still 3 bucks a pop).

Anyone got a % off code? Last time I know people jumped and ordered, but then missed out on saving a % or getting free shirts.

l8nerduke32
09-14-07, 09:44 AM
There appears to be a new Undertaker dvd being released to Wal-mart, possibly an exclusive, called "Undertaker: 15-0" featuring all his WM matches. I have not seen it listed anywhere except walmart.com. There are 2 listed, one listed as an exclusive with a "SDvR 2008 Game Preview." The release date is listed as 10/23, just in time for Halloween maybe? Ha-Ha!

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/65/11/91/94/0065119194639_500X500.jpg

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/65/11/91/94/0065119194638_500X500.jpg

sg2386
09-14-07, 09:50 AM
The Undertaker DVD is being released in Canadian retail stores on Oct 23, it could be a Walmart exclusive in the US like the RAW Homecoming DVD.

BrIaNMeRcY
09-14-07, 11:32 AM
Speaking of Walmart, I found this on Walmart's website:

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/65/11/91/94/0065119194640_500X500.jpg

KurtK26
09-14-07, 03:42 PM
I'm all over the Grab Bag this time. We'll all have to post em, again.

EdTheRipper
09-14-07, 04:22 PM
According to a news blurb at 411Mania, the Undertaker dvd is indeed a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Untitled 1
09-14-07, 04:56 PM
Some pretty sweet WWE DVD exclusives from the USA for me to track down for my collection.

shacmasta
09-14-07, 05:11 PM
Yea, that's the box set I got with my order. Didn't bother me though.

Yea, Me either. Well...the box cutter slash on the side did, but I can live with it.

shacmasta
09-14-07, 05:22 PM
The Undertaker DVD is being released in Canadian retail stores on Oct 23, it could be a Walmart exclusive in the US like the RAW Homecoming DVD.

But unlike the Raw Homecoming dvd, This one will be available on it's own and online. Something I wish they would have done with the Raw dvd. Would be alot easier & cheaper for me.

KurtK26
09-14-07, 05:33 PM
But unlike the Raw Homecoming dvd, This one will be available on it's own and online. Something I wish they would have done with the Raw dvd. Would be alot easier & cheaper for me.

And unlike the Homecoming DVD, I'll actually hang on to my copy of this one. I didn't realize it was valuable until I found this Web site, and am an idiot, obviously.

Aces_High
09-15-07, 05:39 AM
I only ever saw the Homecoming DVD/wmXX set at walmart one time. Luckily I picked it up, almost passed on it, so glad I didn't. I already have the big boxset of WMXX, so I traded the slimline stacked WMXX to FYE for like $9 store credit. Kinda regret it now, it'd be nice to have all original pieces.

Untitled 1
09-15-07, 05:48 AM
I've just pre ordered a HMV Exclusive 2 disc version of One Night Stand 2007 from HMVs website. There is nothing listed on Silvervisions website about this one so it will be interesting to see what it is exactly. I also pre ordered the WWE Raw Collection 4 disc set from HMV and again there is no info as yet on this so come release time in two weeks it will be interesting to see what this set is.

The catalogue number is WWEB024 for the Raw Collection set and follows the UK "Best Of" serial numbers.

shacmasta
09-15-07, 11:56 AM
I've just pre ordered a HMV Exclusive 2 disc version of One Night Stand 2007 from HMVs website. There is nothing listed on Silvervisions website about this one so it will be interesting to see what it is exactly. I also pre ordered the WWE Raw Collection 4 disc set from HMV and again there is no info as yet on this so come release time in two weeks it will be interesting to see what this set is.

The catalogue number is WWEB024 for the Raw Collection set and follows the UK "Best Of" serial numbers.

Keep us updated. HMV is one of the sites I use to get my UK WWE dvd's. Thanks.

sg2386
09-15-07, 12:08 PM
Heres the cover the Wrestling Society X First Season DVD being released Nov. 13

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/61gdnTsbZjL._SS500_.jpg

Quack
09-15-07, 06:38 PM
Anyone interested in making a nice Wikipedia page for WWF/WWE Coliseum Home Video Tapes and DVD's? I think it would be a good resource to make/use/have for match listings and what not. Any thoughts?

lastofthewild1s
09-15-07, 08:02 PM
Anyone interested in making a nice Wikipedia page for WWF/WWE Coliseum Home Video Tapes and DVD's? I think it would be a good resource to make/use/have for match listings and what not. Any thoughts?
I'd be happy to contribute in any way needed. I have quite a few of the old Coliseum videos and could contribute info as far as match listings and such.

rainking187
09-16-07, 07:22 AM
Somewhat interested in the game related DVDs. Definitely no interest in the Undertaker DVD though, unless he's retiring before the next Wrestlemania and I haven't heard about it, it'll be out of date in a few months.

Eriecke23
09-16-07, 10:06 AM
For any of you guys that might be interested I'm selling all of my Ring Of Honor DVDs in the DVD Exchange Forum

shacmasta
09-17-07, 05:09 PM

wwe.com finally put it up for sale, which just about confirms that the WCCW dvd has been pushed back. Anyway, On to the rey dvd.

http://shopzone.wwe.com/newimages/images/96260X.JPG

Rey Mysterio The Biggest Little Man DVD

Please note: this item is not available until 10/23. If you order this item along with other items your entire order will be held until the release date for this item.

Please note: DVD's come in an assortment of 5 colors which are picked at random. You cannot specify which DVD color you want.

He may only stand 5’6 but he has gone against 7-foot giants and survived. He was entry number 2 at the 2006 Royal Rumble but lasted over an hour battling 29 other superstars and was crowned the winner. He was WrestleMania 22 underdog but was crowned World Heavyweight Champion. Whenever, whatever, whoever said it wasn’t possible, Rey Mysterio has silenced those who have dared to question. Now own the 3 disc DVD of Rey Mysterio The Biggest Little Man today!

Battle for Respect
Latin Lover, Heavy Metal, & Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Madonna's Boyfriend, Fuerza Guerrera, Psicosis
When World's Collide - November 6, 1994

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Psicosis
ECW Hardcore - TV September 26, 1995

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera
ECW Hardcore TV - February 6, 1996

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko

Great American Bash - June 16, 1996

Nitro - July 8, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimate Dragon

Hog Wild - August 10, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Super Calo
Fall Brawl - September 15, 1996

Halloween Havoc - October 27, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
Starrcade - December 29, 1996
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimate Dragon

Spring Stampede - April 6, 1997

And many more!

Untitled 1
09-17-07, 06:58 PM
Here is a picture of the Limited Edition UK WWE Vengeance 2007 DVD, which will be released in exclusive packaging with 2 bonus art cards. It is due for release in early October and I will have more detailed pictures up as soon as I can for those that are interested.

http://www.woolworths.co.uk//product_images/13/68/15/13681526.jpg

xNightfallx
09-17-07, 07:38 PM
wwe.com finally put it up for sale, which just about confirms that the WCCW dvd has been pushed back. Anyway, On to the rey dvd.

http://shopzone.wwe.com/newimages/images/96260X.JPG

Fuck, I don't want to have to buy this damn thing 5 times.

dadaluholla
09-17-07, 08:06 PM
Fuck, I don't want to have to buy this damn thing 5 times.

Then don't. Just pick one.

JAROTO
09-17-07, 09:01 PM
i cant decide what cover i will buy. im between red, black or blue.

Quack
09-17-07, 09:12 PM
Yea, I'm looking forward to this, should be a nice set.

MovieMaster11
09-18-07, 12:29 PM
I think I will go with the black cover because when he won the Heavyweight title he had a black mask on.

eiker_ir
09-18-07, 01:38 PM
i'll get the black/gray one

l8nerduke32
09-18-07, 05:58 PM
Is there a reason the Gold/Yellow cover has "Three Disc Set" on it and none of the others do?

Amazon now has a listing for "WWE Raw: 15th Anniversary (3pc) (Full Dig)" to be released on 12/26

sg2386
09-18-07, 07:36 PM
Amazon now has a listing for "WWE Raw: 15th Anniversary (3pc) (Full Dig)" to be released on 12/26

My guess is it will just include RAW's best matches and greatest moments the sad thing is Benoit matches will not be included most likely, so we won't get to see the Iron Man match with HHH/Benoit also the World Title match with Benoit/HBK from Phenoix in 2004.

If we are lucky they might include a full episode like the RAW Roulette in 2002 but i doubt that will happen. Most likely just matches and segments.

Bigjames
09-18-07, 10:51 PM
We just got Sumerslam in at Blockbuster tonight.
Extras:
Raw Idol
Punjabi Ceremony
CM Punk & Boogeyman Vs. Big Daddy V & John Morrison

shacmasta
09-18-07, 11:22 PM
Extras:
Raw Idol
Punjabi Ceremony

Thanks as always...

sg2386
09-18-07, 11:23 PM
Extras:
Raw Idol
Punjabi Ceremony

Awesome! looks good, is the CM Punk & Boogeyman Vs. Big Daddy V & John Morrison from Saturday Night's Main Event or ECW on Sci-fi.

throwback
09-19-07, 12:29 AM
While Waiting for Summerslam DVD Release Here's my New Pickups

WWE Films: The Condemned Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/cond1.jpg

WWE Giveaway Gifts of the Condemned
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/cond2.jpg

Leechboy
09-19-07, 12:38 AM
I saw Summerslam at Best Buy today. There is a sticker on the package mentioning exclusive trading cards packaged inside.

Quack
09-19-07, 12:39 AM
I'd love it if we could get the Summerslam box set made....

shacmasta
09-19-07, 01:01 AM
I saw Summerslam at Best Buy today. There is a sticker on the package mentioning exclusive trading cards packaged inside.

Same size as the Mania 23 tin?

WWE Giveaway Gifts of the Condemned

That condemned poster and what not. Is that from Walmart? or somewhere else?

JJE-187
09-19-07, 02:09 PM
Sad that the only copies of The Condemed that my WM has with bonus disc is the FS version. I would have biten if a WS was available

Music
09-19-07, 03:45 PM
While Waiting for Summerslam DVD Release Here's my New Pickups

WWE Films: The Condemned Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD

Full Screen???

Get off this forum you FSer!

Aces_High
09-19-07, 03:59 PM
Well Grab Bags showed up, and to say I'm pissed would be an understatement.

Keep in mind: I own 2 FIP DVDs, and 8 ROH DVDs. I got 4 grab bags, so 16 DVDs total. Out of the 16, DVDs, I got 7 Doubles. All were ROH. So of the 8 ROH DVDs I already own, I now have a double for SEVEN OF THEM.

Here's the rundown of what I got that I didn't have:
-Best of Second City Saints
-Best of Roderick Strong
-Shootin w/Pritchard
-Shootin w/Killings
-ROH Do or Die II & III
-ROH Do or Die IV
-FIP Payback
-FIP Violence is the Answer

And here's The Doubles:
-Best of Briscoes
-Best of Rotweilers
-Best of Spanky
-Shootin w/Butch Reed
-Shootin w/Brad Armstrong
-Shootin w/Pringle vol 2
-Shootin w/Ellering

This is crap. What are the odds? You guys w/these vast, deep collections buy 6-7 grab bags and get like 2-3 doubles out of 30 DVDs. Yet half of my order is already 3/4's of my collection.

If anyone has ROH Doubles they want to trade, I will trade straight up one for one, for my doubles above.

I really don't think I'm going to buy from ROH or support their product anymore. It's a shame, cause my money is just as green as everyone else is.

KurtK26
09-19-07, 06:31 PM
If anyone has ROH Doubles they want to trade, I will trade straight up one for one, for my doubles above.

I have a grab bag coming, and will likely want to do some trading. Though my preference would be for WWE, TNA and/or Straight Shootin's. I realize that'll have to be done in that forum.

shacmasta
09-19-07, 06:49 PM
I really don't think I'm going to buy from ROH or support their product anymore. It's a shame, cause my money is just as green as everyone else is.

That's shitty luck more so then anything else. You shouldn't give up on the product in my opinion, not for something that was kinda out of there control. Unless you think other wise? I can understand your frustration. I just got 2-3 doubles and I was annoyed.

nodeerforamonth
09-19-07, 07:16 PM
I ordered 3 of them and got ZERO doubles between them. I did get 1 duplicate of something I already had (Straight Shooting w/ Paul Ellering, I think).

However, of the 15 (or whatever #) DVDs I got from this deal, they were all on the list of what other people got. I'm sure I'd have more duplicates if I had ordered more than 3 grab bags.

Either way, at $2 (or whatever) a DVD in the grab bags, it's still a great deal and they'd make great presents for friends. Or trades. Certainly no reason to boycott a company that puts out such high quality wrestling.

l8nerduke32
09-19-07, 09:14 PM
Sad that the only copies of The Condemed that my WM has with bonus disc is the FS version. I would have biten if a WS was available

I was able to get a WS version w/ the bonus disc because the electronics manager at my local walmart always sees me in on Tuesdays when a new WWE release comes out. I simply asked him if there were any w/ WS and after he checked all his stock w/no luck, he said, "if you want it that bad, i'll pop it open and switch them out". There was no hesitation on my part. Its not like I was going to leave them wrapped together anyway.

EdTheRipper
09-19-07, 09:22 PM
Either way, at $2 (or whatever) a DVD in the grab bags, it's still a great deal and they'd make great presents for friends. Or trades. Certainly no reason to boycott a company that puts out such high quality wrestling.

I couldn't agree more. I think it's silly to not support ROH product due to this. These are grab bags...there's no guarantee that you're gonna like the product you receive. It's the luck of the draw and your luck just didn't work out this time.

Untitled 1
09-21-07, 08:30 AM
Here are some recent wrestling DVDs that I have received.

The Condemned Widescreen Edition DVD with slipcase £12.99

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6643/condemneddvdso2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WWE One Night Stand 2007 DVD (UK release) £10.99

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5803/onsdvdjo3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WWE In Your House 11 and 12 Tagged Classics DVDs (UK release) £11.99

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9360/iyhdvddf0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

From The Backyard To The Bigtime "The Hardy boys" £4.97

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4018/hardyzhz4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

MovieExchange
09-21-07, 03:04 PM

So.... can you tell me just how ROH is supposed to know what DVD's you already own?

Now if the grab bags had contained 2 of a title, that would be one thing... because from what I've seen ROH takes great care to make sure you don't get duplicates, even when buying 6-8 bags.

shacmasta
09-21-07, 04:39 PM
WWE One Night Stand 2007 DVD (UK release) £10.99

Was that the 2 disc'r ? If so what's on the 2nd disc.

KurtK26
09-21-07, 05:45 PM
Got my grab bag:
Straight shootin' series: Percy Pringle Vol. 2
FIP: New Year's Classic
ROH: Suffering is Inevitable: Best of Roderick Strong
ROH: Do or Die IV
I made a thread for a possible trade in DVD trade.

Untitled 1
09-22-07, 05:14 PM
Was that the 2 disc'r ? If so what's on the 2nd disc.

The one I received is the standard 1 disc edition direct from Silvervisions website. The 2 disc set is a HMV exclusive and is due for release on October 1st along with the 4 disc Raw Collection set. Once I receive them I will post some information on them as HMV don't have anything listed at the moment.

Do you think you will order the Raw Collection set?, as it is available direct from the HMV website.

shacmasta
09-23-07, 02:19 AM
The one I received is the standard 1 disc edition direct from Silvervisions website. The 2 disc set is a HMV exclusive and is due for release on October 1st along with the 4 disc Raw Collection set. Once I receive them I will post some information on them as HMV don't have anything listed at the moment.

Do you think you will order the Raw Collection set?, as it is available direct from the HMV website.

All depends on your post -wink-

If it's something really cool and exclusive like the mania 20 box or the rumble steelbook for example. I will definitely be placing an order through HMV.

chuckliddell
09-23-07, 06:30 PM
what do you guys mean when u say doubles, are they just poorer pic and sound dvds or what

shacmasta
09-23-07, 10:44 PM
what do you guys mean when u say doubles, are they just poorer pic and sound dvds or what

It means duplicates of the same dvd.

For example, You have the best of undertaker DVD set and you put in an order for 5 wwe DVD's but they (the website store) get to choose the DVD's, not you. So, they end up sending you the best of undertaker DVD set. You now have yourself a Double.

Untitled 1
09-24-07, 05:40 PM
Can anybody tell me whether the Blockbuster exclusive 2 disc sets will be an ongoing deal into the 2008 ppvs?

xNightfallx
09-24-07, 07:17 PM
So does anyone know yet if Summerslam 2007 will have any exclusives besides the Blockbuster version?

MovieExchange
09-24-07, 08:16 PM
So does anyone know yet if Summerslam 2007 will have any exclusives besides the Blockbuster version?

Best Buy should have an exclusive tin like the Wrestlemania one.

doctaheath78
09-24-07, 09:13 PM

Wasn't there news that FYE is having an exclusive edition of SummerSlam? I am not sure what is special about the FYE version though.

l8nerduke32
09-24-07, 09:31 PM
Wasn't there news that FYE is having an exclusive edition of SummerSlam? I am not sure what is special about the FYE version though.

The FYE stores have an exclusive tin, I did hear that bestbuy had cards like WM, but not that they were in a tin.

shacmasta
09-24-07, 09:38 PM

Yep, Supposedly in the diva magazine it stated that FYE will be having the exclusive tin. I skimmed the magazine myself and did see the tin, but couldn't tell if it said "FYE only".

Then you take into account that Best Buy gave out trading cards w/ The Mania 23 Tin set, that also came with a checklist that has Summerslam as the next to have the set of cards.

Tomorrow we shall see....

Leechboy
09-24-07, 09:42 PM
The Best Buy version of Summerslam is not a tin. It just has a sticker on the front of the case mentioning the trading cards inside. I saw it last tuesday.

shacmasta
09-24-07, 09:53 PM
The Best Buy version of Summerslam is not a tin. It just has a sticker on the front of the case mentioning the trading cards inside. I saw it last tuesday.

Then that answers that. FYE is where it's at, People.

Thanks, Leechboy.

deto
09-24-07, 10:36 PM
anyone else collect PWG DVDs? i just pre-ordered the 2007 BOLA and Giant Size Annual #4 (Danielson V. Generico)

JCWBobC
09-25-07, 07:08 AM
I saw a commercial over the weekend that seasons 1, 2, & 3 are coming out on DVD as an FYE exclusive. I have them all taped from when they aired but their will probably be deleted scenes, bloopers, maybe commentary. When anyone gets information please post it.

Sorry about that, Hogan Knows Best.

Thanks,
Bob

dadaluholla
09-25-07, 07:46 AM
I saw a commercial over the weekend that seasons 1, 2, & 3 are coming out on DVD as an FYE exclusive.

Seasons 1, 2, & 3 of what?

EdTheRipper
09-25-07, 07:59 AM
Seasons 1, 2, & 3 of what?

I'm guessing Hogan Knows Best. Supposed to hit the shelves today as an FYE exclusive.

Sabrett
09-25-07, 01:46 PM
Picked up the Summerslam 2007 FYE Exclusive. It was on sale for $19.99. Also picked up the Hogan Knows Best Exclusive Seasons 1-3 for $39.99

Is anyone having trouble finding Summerslam 2007 Blockbuster Exclusive? We went to 5 Blockbusters. They all said they didn't get in any copies for sale, and that they weren't getting any in.

Jman4200
09-25-07, 02:06 PM
what are the extras on the fye summerslam tin?

Leechboy
09-25-07, 02:48 PM
I stuck out at 5 Blockbusters too. I should have just rented one and kept it.

shacmasta
09-25-07, 04:49 PM
Fuck you blockbuster, seriously. 9 blockbusters, 9!!!

All of a sudden corporate isn't giving them (BB Stores) any to sell. What the fuck?

This better not be a new york/east coast thing, since I have yet to read about someone not from the east that is having trouble.

If Anybody does get a hold of a SEALED Copy. I'm offering 40 bucks straight up for it.

l8nerduke32
09-25-07, 05:11 PM
Fuck you blockbuster, seriously. 9 blockbusters, 9!!!

All of a sudden corporate isn't giving them (BB Stores) any to sell. What the fuck?

This better not be a new york/east coast thing, since I have yet to read about someone not from the east that is having trouble.

If Anybody does get a hold of a SEALED Copy. I'm offering 40 bucks straight up for it.

Its not just the East Coast, its also a Midwest thing, and I'm assuming it is a national thing..I went to 5 and called another 10 in the Omaha area, I also called all the stores in Lincoln....Nothing! This is B.S. I have a feeling no matter how many of us bitch to Weinstein, WWE, and/or Blockbuster, it probably isnt going to do much good. They dont listen to customers.

Leechboy
09-25-07, 05:59 PM
I went back to Blockbuster with the intention of renting Summerslam and keeping it. All 9 that they had earlier were rented out. There goes any hopes of me not getting one that is scratch free.

Leechboy
09-25-07, 06:00 PM
I just got back from FYE. I left the store without the tin. From the looks of it there are no exclusive extras. Just the tin.

sg2386
09-25-07, 06:05 PM
Maybe the Blockbuster exclusive will be available for sale in the next couple of days. Strange its not for sale this time.

Sabrett
09-25-07, 06:15 PM
I went back to Blockbuster with the intention of renting Summerslam and keeping it. All 9 that they had earlier were rented out. There goes any hopes of me not getting one that is scratch free.

Do you know what they would charge if you rented one and kept it?

sliccric2006
09-25-07, 06:18 PM
Did anyone buy the new Summerslam 2007 dvd that was exclusive to FYE? what were the extras if there were any? Or is the exclusive just the tin case?

Leechboy
09-25-07, 06:23 PM

As far as I know it's $20.

shacmasta
09-25-07, 06:36 PM

24 bucks. According to the lady I spoke with today. After 2 days (since it's a 2day rental) go to them and fess up that your "kid took it on a trip and lost it". Instead of just holding on to it and waiting for them to send you letters saying that you owe them money.

Its not just the East Coast, its also a Midwest thing, and I'm assuming it is a national thing..I went to 5 and called another 10 in the Omaha area, I also called all the stores in Lincoln....Nothing!.

Well, That does make me feel a little better. Still sucks big ass overall.

Aces_High
09-25-07, 06:41 PM
Yeah I went to about 5 Blockbusters myself, and no luck. I'm on Long Island so another East Coaster is s.o.l.

EDIT: Just ran out and rented one of the last two copies. Luckily I was able to get to the counter and rent it, through the HORDES of people who wanted it. Sadly, on my walk from the store to the car, I was pepper-sprayed by two kids on bikes-and my video was stolen. The only description I can give is they were both about 13-16 years old, one had "You can't See Me" wrist bands, and the other had a shirt that said "Hustle, Loyalty, Respect". Thankfully they left my wallet, jewelry, and cash (approx $24).

Leechboy
09-25-07, 06:48 PM
Lets all teach Blockbuster a lesson. Rent it and keep it. Maybe if they have none to rent they will stock more from now on.

sg2386
09-25-07, 07:02 PM
the funny thing is Blockbuster.com has the 2 disc exclusive listed to buy, not sure if its in stock though, but it can be purchased on their website.

I think there seems to be a delay in the purchasing copies, they will likely receive them soon hopefully. I want to complete the collection.

shacmasta
09-25-07, 07:02 PM
Well, I did rent it. Scratch Free.....but the weirdest thing happened. On my way home I was mugged. Thankfully, I wasn't harmed, but those damn crooks did manage to steal my summerslam dvd. Oh well, At least I'm ok. I hope blockbuster understands.

:eyebrow:

Sabrett
09-25-07, 07:21 PM
http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/9/9/25/sabrett/f_IMG0688m_aa07b04.jpg

Go play with yourself Blockbuster....it's mine now!!

Sabrett
09-25-07, 07:22 PM
the funny thing is Blockbuster.com has the 2 disc exclusive listed to buy, not sure if its in stock though, but it can be purchased on their website.

I think there seems to be a delay in the purchasing copies, they will likely receive them soon hopefully. I want to complete the collection.

According to EVERY Blockbuster I called today (and I think I called the whole East Coast), they're not expected to get any in for sale. I asked them when they would (if they did) and the guy said, "Never."

Aces_High
09-25-07, 07:23 PM
Well, I did rent it. Scratch Free.....but the weirdest thing happened. On my way home I was mugged. Thankfully, I wasn't harmed, but those damn crooks did manage to steal my summerslam dvd. Oh well, At least I'm ok. I hope blockbuster understands.

Jeez, man, are you ok? 2 muggings for Summerslam DVD's in one night? I hope this doesn't turn into an epidemic like Jordans in the 90s, or i-Pods in NYC a couple years back.

Sabrett
09-25-07, 07:25 PM

You too?! Jeez...

Sabrett
09-25-07, 07:26 PM
Jeez, man, are you ok? 2 muggings for Summerslam DVD's in one night? I hope this doesn't turn into an epidemic like Jordans in the 90s, or i-Pods in NYC a couple years back.

Make that three muggings...

Leechboy
09-25-07, 07:29 PM
http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/9/9/25/sabrett/f_IMG0688m_aa07b04.jpg

Go play with yourself Blockbuster....it's mine now!!

I just did the same thing. Make that 4 muggings. :nopanic:

xage
09-25-07, 07:33 PM
After the rental success of the Grindhouse: DeathProof, The Weinstein Company and Blockbuster Corporate opted to release most of their major exclusive deals "For Rent Only"
Not unless:

A) You have franchise managers friends who stocked a sealed copy for yours to keep

B) A franchise did not follow company policy and have one "sealed"

on the other news:

The TIN that was dubbed as an FYE exclusive (It was indeed an FYE Exclusive) not TWEC (Suncoast, Sam Goodys stores I inquire does not carry the Tin).

So collectors and fans.. head up to your nearest FYE and grab the RARE TIN! its 5 per store!

Sabrett
09-25-07, 07:39 PM
In addition to criss crossing NY more than the covered wagons did years ago looking for a new Summerslam DVD that didn't exist, I picked up the following:

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/9/9/25/sabrett/f_IMG0685m_a6a54b2.jpg

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/9/9/25/sabrett/f_IMG0684m_c0a02aa.jpg

throwback
09-25-07, 07:39 PM
My Summerslam Pickups
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/Summerslam07.jpg

FYE's the better looking one...

Aces_High
09-25-07, 07:40 PM
After the rental success of the Grindhouse: DeathProof, The Weinstein Company and Blockbuster Corporate opted to release most of their major exclusive deals "For Rent Only"
Not unless:

A) You have franchise managers friends who stocked a sealed copy for yours to keep

That's such crap. Of course rentals of Deathproof are going to be successful-it has jack shit to do with Blockbuster's Exclusive extras being on the disc.

Is anyone gonna order the SS DVD off Blockbuster's site? Both the "regular" version and "Blockbuster Exclxusive" version have the same item number. No one I"ve spoken with has been able to give me an answer if buying from the Website will get you the exclusive version.

Oh, and I need a damn Wrestlemania 23 Blockbuster Exclusive. One of these days I'll find it!

Aces_High
09-25-07, 07:41 PM
I'm bringing a shit load of cds/dvds to trade in tomorrow to grab one of the tin FYE versions.

Where did the SD v Raw 08 sampler come from?

Sabrett
09-25-07, 07:45 PM
That's such crap. Of course rentals of Deathproof are going to be successful-it has jack shit to do with Blockbuster's Exclusive extras being on the disc.

Is anyone gonna order the SS DVD off Blockbuster's site? Both the "regular" version and "Blockbuster Exclxusive" version have the same item number. No one I"ve spoken with has been able to give me an answer if buying from the Website will get you the exclusive version.

Oh, and I need a damn Wrestlemania 23 Blockbuster Exclusive. One of these days I'll find it!

I've only seen that Wrestlemania 23 ONCE since it came out. I passed it up since it was not a bonus disc, it was just exclusive content.

xage
09-25-07, 07:46 PM

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2703/wmpm7.jpg

Leechboy
09-25-07, 07:55 PM
I've only seen that Wrestlemania 23 ONCE since it came out. I passed it up since it was not a bonus disc, it was just exclusive content.

Oddly enough I saw Wrestlemania at every single store I went to today.

sg2386
09-25-07, 07:56 PM
According to EVERY Blockbuster I called today (and I think I called the whole East Coast), they're not expected to get any in for sale. I asked them when they would (if they did) and the guy said, "Never."

I hope thats not the case, i think eventually they will receive them for sale.

xage
09-25-07, 07:58 PM
Oddly enough I saw Wrestlemania at every single store I went to today.

How about Royal Rumble 2007 - Blockbuster Exclusive?

Sabrett
09-25-07, 08:10 PM

That one is virtually impossible to find. It took me so long to track that one down. It was the one and only time I saw that one.

Leechboy
09-25-07, 08:14 PM

Yep, I saw one of those today. I can't remember which BB it was but I did see one. The only one I didnt see was Backlash. Lucky for me I did find a new Great American Bash at the store where I 'rented' Summerslam. My collection is complete until next month.

shacmasta
09-25-07, 09:54 PM
Not unless:

Well that just plain sucks on so many levels. I guess I'm going to have to start making friends at my local blockbuster. I really don't wanna go through this shit every month....ya'know getting robbed and shit.

In addition to criss crossing NY more than the covered wagons did years ago looking for a new Summerslam DVD that didn't exist, I picked up the following:

I picked up the Tin & hogan knows best set as well. We probably passed each other a few times.

l8nerduke32
09-25-07, 10:21 PM

I did call the customer service for blockbuster's online ordering and the representative said if you order it from there, you will recieve the standard 1 disc retail version, not the exclusive version

l8nerduke32
09-25-07, 10:24 PM
The TIN that was dubbed as an FYE exclusive (It was indeed an FYE Exclusive) not TWEC (Suncoast, Sam Goodys stores I inquire does not carry the Tin).

So collectors and fans.. head up to your nearest FYE and grab the RARE TIN! its 5 per store!

There are some Suncoast's that received the tin, that is where I purchased mine, since there are no FYEs in my area.

KurtK26
09-25-07, 11:04 PM
That one is virtually impossible to find. It took me so long to track that one down. It was the one and only time I saw that one.

Not that I've been there today and looked or anything, but my store always had RR07 to buy, and I think once previously viewed. There was also WM23 to buy for awhile. Guess it depends how many wrestling fans are around your area.

Sabrett
09-26-07, 12:01 AM
on the other news:

They're also available at Suncoast. The sticker on the front of the package shows "FYE & Suncoast Exclusive"

Sabrett
09-26-07, 12:02 AM
Not that I've been there today and looked or anything, but my store always had RR07 to buy, and I think once previously viewed. There was also WM23 to buy for awhile. Guess it depends how many wrestling fans are around your area.

Yeah, it definitely depends on the area, which is why I usually have to drive a good 2 hours to get myself to a Blockbuster that gets these exclusives in.

l8nerduke32
09-26-07, 02:11 AM
I sent the following email to Blockbuster via their customer service and store feedback section on there website. I dont thin kit will do much good, but at least they are aware one person is pissed off at them. Maybe if enough of us email them something will change......

EDIT 9/26 ::: I basically sent this for shits and giggles to see if i actually get a sincere response or a standard apology...Im going to cut this down so it doesnt take up so much space, In a nutshell..

to whom it may concern:

I am very upset with Blockbuster and its handling of exclusive dvds. In recent months Blockbuster has released exclusive WWE PPV dvds that contain a bonus disc with additional content......Now this month, I go to 5 Blockbusters in my hometown and called another 10 in the surrounding area in the hopes of finding "WWE SummerSlam 2007" for purchase. I even called other large cities up to 2hrs away from me in the hopes of finding one of these to purchase...... NONE of these stores have the item for purchase......The only responses I received were, "we dont have control over what is sent to us" and "we cant order it."

......The decision by Blockbuster to not send copies for purchase, let alone fewer copies for rent, doesnt make sense to me.......By having more copies for sale, it only benefits you, Weinstein and WWE. The WWE fanbase that purchases dvd is a very large market, and these dvds should be made available to us as they have been since the beginning of the year......

And now we are unable to complete the collection and purchase not only "SummerSlam 2007" but other future releases that are exclusive with extra content that Blockbuster decides to not send to stores. It is bad enough that your online store doesnt allow the purchase of these items either.......

If there is a way to purchase the exclusive 2 disc edition of "Summerslam 2007" and future WWE PPV exclusive titles as previous releases were, please let me know.

Dont worry this is not to single out Blockbuster...Genius Products/Weinstein Company and WWE will be receiving the same feedback.

Aces_High
09-26-07, 08:17 AM
Every Blockbuster I went to told me that they're NOT getting new Summerslam DVDs to sell.

In my travels yesterday, I saw No Way Out (used 14.99), Backlash, One Night Stand, Vengeance, Judgment Day. Oddly enough no GAB's. I'm sure I'd be able to find a Rumble, No Way Out if i looked hard enough.

Damn you Xage. I actually tracked the WM23 disc down, but ended up returning it because I needed the money back for something more important (go figure!). I ended up going back to the store I returned it to, and of course, they no longer had it.

Thanks Sabrett-didn't know it didn't have a bonus disc, just extra content. That makes me a bit less anxious to find it.

My Circuit City still has a tin w/the Piper Film Cell, 2-3 2 disc versions with Piper Film Cell, and 3-4 of the Roddy Piper DVD with the4th disc. I just have to bring myself to buying them one of these days.

On my way to trade in some stuff so I can grab the FYE SS Tin. I wont be picking up Hogan Knows Best, I personally cannot stand that show, specifically the mother and daughter. So clueless.

Class316
09-26-07, 09:09 AM
So exactly what is in that bonus disc of BB?

Also, is the FYE release just the standard retail one only with a tin?

xage
09-26-07, 09:22 AM
I thought it was the latest Xbox360 WWE game but upon further glance looks like you got another interesting exclusive there? From what store you got that?

*Im always intrigued to artifacts that has *Not For Sale* on its label

My Summerslam Pickups
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/Summerslam07.jpg

FYE's the better looking one...

sliccric2006
09-26-07, 01:25 PM
i wanna go pick up summerslam today but not sure which one to get? can anyone tell me what the extras are on the fye tin edition? any extra matches? or is it the same as regular retail version with the tin? thanks

BrIaNMeRcY
09-26-07, 01:38 PM

This doesn't apply to the FYE store in Rockerfeller Center. That one had loads of the tin case version.

shacmasta
09-26-07, 04:53 PM
This doesn't apply to the FYE store in Rockerfeller Center. That one had loads of the tin case version.

I 2nd that. There was more then enough at the rockafeller store, not to mention a WM 23 tin that looked like it was sat on by big daddy v.

Untitled 1
09-26-07, 05:15 PM
Well having read through the last pages of this thread I am now assuming that I won't be adding the Blockbuster Summerslam 07 Exclusive to my collection which sucks but hey.

*insert sigh here.

On a side note I did receive this effort from Silvervision yesterday

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4731/batistadvdcy2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BrIaNMeRcY
09-26-07, 06:51 PM
I 2nd that. There was more then enough at the rockafeller store, not to mention a WM 23 tin that looked like it was sat on by big daddy v.

I didn't see a WM23 tin that looked like that. I'll be picking up the tin case version of SummerSlam on Friday. If nobody posts photos of the inside by Friday/Saturday, they will be up on Friday night.

l8nerduke32
09-26-07, 07:08 PM
I didn't see a WM23 tin that looked like that. I'll be picking up the tin case version of SummerSlam on Friday. If nobody posts photos of the inside by Friday/Saturday, they will be up on Friday night.

Tin, Dvd, back of tin insert under shrinkwrap and exclusive sticker from shrinkwrap...Sorry if the pics are a little bad, bad camera.....

http://x74.xanga.com/db0d874529d30149209550/b110995332.jpg

http://x64.xanga.com/874c115129733149209525/b110995313.jpg

BrIaNMeRcY
09-26-07, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the photos l8nerduke32. Those photos just encouraged me to buy it.

sliccric2006
09-26-07, 07:36 PM
l8nerduke32, is the upc on the back of the summerslam case the same as on the back of the tin or do they both have different upc #'s? does your dvd say 94600? or 94642 as it is on the back of the tin case?

l8nerduke32
09-26-07, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the photos l8nerduke32. Those photos just encouraged me to buy it.

No problem BrIaNMeRcY. I thought i saw them posted already, but it was just the outside sealed or i would have posted them sooner.

For anyone whos interested I cut down my prev post regarding my email to blockbuster so it didnt take up too much space...just for shits and giggles, I want to see if i get a standard apology or a sincere response....no responses yet.

ALSO....for anyone who rented Summerslam 2007 at blockbuster, look closely at your receipt. A majority of blockbuster stores now have "no late fees" and the receipt should state following the return date, "Own it on xx/xx/xx for only $24.99 more"..."after 7 days past the reurn date, the item is converted to a sale".... HOPEFULLY, this decreases the rampant muggings lately. :)

l8nerduke32
09-26-07, 07:44 PM
l8nerduke32, is the upc on the back of the summerslam case the same as on the back of the tin or do they both have different upc #'s? does your dvd say 94600? or 94642 as it is on the back of the tin case?

they are different, the dvd case inside the tin is the standard (regular) upc (64600), since there are no changes to the actual dvd contained in the tin.

Sabrett
09-26-07, 08:09 PM
The Summerslam tin is actually available at all TWEC stores. I even saw them in a "Saturday Night Matinee" today. There seems to be plenty to go around.

l8nerduke - yeah, my receipt says that. I'm glad they're encouraging me to buy it because I'm going to be doing this every damn month until they finally decide to send out copies to sell again.

sliccric2006
09-26-07, 08:09 PM
WWE: Unforgiven 2007 (Exclusive)
DVD, Rating: Not Rated, Color, GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. , 10/16/2007
Format: DVD
Release Date: 10/16/2007

$19.96
List Price: $24.95
You Save: $4.99 (20%)

For those that might not have seen this yet, I saw this Unforgiven 2007 exclusive at wal-mart.com

Sabrett
09-26-07, 08:17 PM
WWE: Unforgiven 2007 (Exclusive)
DVD, Rating: Not Rated, Color, GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. , 10/16/2007
Format: DVD
Release Date: 10/16/2007

$19.96
List Price: $24.95
You Save: $4.99 (20%)

For those that might not have seen this yet, I saw this Unforgiven 2007 exclusive at wal-mart.com

Jeez...MORE exclusives for me to pick up. Hopefully it's just the DVD packaged with an older release that I already have.

shacmasta
09-26-07, 09:09 PM
The Summerslam tin is actually available at all TWEC stores. I even saw them in a "Saturday Night Matinee" today. There seems to be plenty to go around.

l8nerduke - yeah, my receipt says that. I'm glad they're encouraging me to buy it because I'm going to be doing this every damn month until they finally decide to send out copies to sell again.

Same here.

As for the unforgiven exclusive, Probably an older release shrink wrapped together. Possibly last years unforgiven.

Also, According to wrestlezone.com, The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling is NOW slated for a December 11th release. We shall see.

sg2386
09-26-07, 09:45 PM
Same here.

As for the unforgiven exclusive, Probably an older release shrink wrapped together. Possibly last years unforgiven.

Also, According to wrestlezone.com, The Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling is NOW slated for a December 11th release. We shall see.

Since this years was the 10th annual and seeing as how JR and King kept milking that during the ppv, maybe they might include a re-release of Unforgiven 1998, since that was the first. Its a slim chance but never know.

sg2386
09-26-07, 09:59 PM
on a side note, i checked out KOCH's website and it now says the new Shawn Michaels DVD will be a 3 disc digi-pack.

JAROTO
09-26-07, 10:19 PM
these exclusive versions are becoming annoying...it reminds when they started releasing tons of cover variants for comic books. it was so stressing to get all of them that many people left the hobbie (including myself).

dx23
09-26-07, 10:31 PM
these exclusive versions are becoming annoying...it reminds when they started releasing tons of cover variants for comic books. it was so stressing to get all of them that many people left the hobbie (including myself).

I feel exactly the same way. These variants only please a small amount of hardcore fans and it pisses a much more amount of people who want to get the best release posible. The variants are as annoying as re-releases.

l8nerduke32
09-26-07, 11:39 PM
i agree these exclusive and variants are a pain. I just want to get the most content for my money. It goes deeper than dvds and comics, think about those who collect action figures. when i was younger i purchased every different "Jakks Bone Crushing" figure because they had different colored pants or different facial expressions. when they got to the real scan and harder plastic style, i had to stop. now i just get my favs (maybe one a series).

Im just pissed that i passed on the regular versions that match previous years' ppvs for these blockbuster ones. and now theres a high probability that i cant get a full years release of blockbuster releases. i just want a whole year that matches.

EdTheRipper
09-27-07, 06:29 AM
I feel exactly the same way. These variants only please a small amount of hardcore fans and it pisses a much more amount of people who want to get the best release posible. The variants are as annoying as re-releases.

I agree as well. I decided early on that I wasn't going to go out of my way to collect these variants and exclusives. They're not worth the time and effort that I'd have to put into getting them.

JCWBobC
09-27-07, 07:29 AM
I couldn't find it in Northern New Jersey either but the store I go to did have 4 copies for rent when they usually only have 1 or 2.

Bob

dadaluholla
09-27-07, 07:54 AM
Add me to the list who thinks the obsession over variants and exclusives on these wrestling dvds is a big waste of time. Unless there is a bonus disc somewhere that has a match you'd really like to own, that I could understand. Collecting every different version of something just because it has a different color on the package (like the upcoming Mysterio set) is just plain silly!

Aces_High
09-27-07, 08:41 AM
Went to FYE yesterday, I passed up the SS07 in the Tin since I'll *ehem* be 'reserving' a Blockbuster Exlusive copy for when it's available on 10/4.

Personally, I'm into collecting DVDs, and mainly getting the MOST for my money. I won't buy all 5 versions of the upcoming Mysterio DVD, nor will I buy Vengeance at WalMart since I already have the B.Buster exclusive version, however I can certainly understand those who do. We all have our hobbies-if someone has and wants to drop $100 on the same content in different packaging, God bless them!

I'd rather spread my money around and pick up different titles. For instance, my current "At Retail" want list is:
-Mid South: Giants, Midgets, Heros, Villains
-TNA Destination X 2007
-TNA Slammiversary 2007
-XPW: Season One
-WWE Wrestlemania III Championship Edition
-WWE Roddy Piper DVD Set (Circuit City Exclusive w/4th disc)
-WM23 Blockbuster Exclusive (**Maybe)

Anyone who has the Condemned WalMart Exclusive-I was able to track one down in my area today-I find myself going back and forth on this one-One moment I really want to get this, the next i'm like ahhh f it. Haven't seen the movie, but I do like the premise, I enjoy Stone Cold, and always love to get bonus material! So what's on the bonus disc, and is it worth picking up? Or does it not really matter to have it or not? Help me to decide if I should buy it.

I also need a handful of TNA 2005 & 2006 dvds-I'm willing to trade "Best of AMW" for the 5-6 ppv dvds I need. (sorry I know it's wrong place for this).

JCWBobC
09-27-07, 12:03 PM
The Condemned bonus disc has 19 deleted or extended scenes with commentary but I don't know how good they are.

I went to my Blockbuster store to see if they were going to get Summerslam 2007 in for sale and they said it wasn't on order & they do not special order anymore.
I rented the only 2 copies they had in stock, which had not been rented yet, and she told me if I didn't return them Blockbuster would just charge my credit card $24.98 each. She said it is all done from the corporate office so you don't need to make up a story as to why you haven't returned it.

Since it looks like noone is going to have sealed copies, and these are basically brand new, I am willing to sell 1 of them. One of the copies is for someone but if anyone else needs a copy they can make me an offer at Greatmuta1025@aol.com and we can work out a price. I already paid the $5 rental fee & their is going to be a shipping charge besides the $24.98 plus tax for the disc so please keep that in mind.

If this offer is not allowed I will delete it immediately as I do not want to break any DVDtalk rules.

Thanks,
Bob

LaxBandit
09-27-07, 03:34 PM

LB...

Went to DeepDiscount.com a few minutes ago to order the "Ghost Hunters-LIVE from the Shining Hotel" (which CM Punk was involved in) DVD that comes out on Oct 9 and noticed that the price of the DVD jumped from $6.09 to $7.94. (Crud, I knew I should have ordered it last week when it was cheaper - Oh well, still going to get it.)

I then checked the Punk/FIP/Shimmer DVD's which I mentioned in the above post and they also went up in price from $6.09 to around $7.94. Almost a $2 increase per DVD. Still a pretty good deal especially compared to what ROHWrestling.com charges for their FIP/Shimmer DVD's.

LB...

FusionX
09-27-07, 04:19 PM
Aren't the FIP and Shimmer discs available at retail clipped and/or edited? I've heard Prazak tell people at the shows that the ones at ROH's site are not the same as the WWN releases.

Aces_High
09-27-07, 06:29 PM
All the FIP DVDs I have (5) came from the ROH website (in grab bags) and are all WWN releases.

poisonrulz
09-27-07, 08:09 PM
Went to FYE yesterday, I passed up the SS07 in the Tin since I'll *ehem* be 'reserving' a Blockbuster Exlusive copy for when it's available on 10/4.

Personally, I'm into collecting DVDs, and mainly getting the MOST for my money. I won't buy all 5 versions of the upcoming Mysterio DVD, nor will I buy Vengeance at WalMart since I already have the B.Buster exclusive version, however I can certainly understand those who do. We all have our hobbies-if someone has and wants to drop $100 on the same content in different packaging, God bless them!

I'd rather spread my money around and pick up different titles. For instance, my current "At Retail" want list is:
-Mid South: Giants, Midgets, Heros, Villains
-TNA Destination X 2007
-TNA Slammiversary 2007
-XPW: Season One
-WWE Wrestlemania III Championship Edition
-WWE Roddy Piper DVD Set (Circuit City Exclusive w/4th disc)
-WM23 Blockbuster Exclusive (**Maybe)

Anyone who has the Condemned WalMart Exclusive-I was able to track one down in my area today-I find myself going back and forth on this one-One moment I really want to get this, the next i'm like ahhh f it. Haven't seen the movie, but I do like the premise, I enjoy Stone Cold, and always love to get bonus material! So what's on the bonus disc, and is it worth picking up? Or does it not really matter to have it or not? Help me to decide if I should buy it.

I also need a handful of TNA 2005 & 2006 dvds-I'm willing to trade "Best of AMW" for the 5-6 ppv dvds I need. (sorry I know it's wrong place for this).

Check your PM's man...

EdTheRipper
09-27-07, 08:31 PM
I wound up getting Hogan Knows Best today. I didn't intend to but one of my co-workers practically lives at FYE so I asked him to look into it for me. They had it for $39.99 so I had him pick a copy up for me and I paid him back. Worked out pretty well.

doctaheath78
09-27-07, 08:44 PM
I wound up getting Hogan Knows Best today. I didn't intend to but one of my co-workers practically lives at FYE so I asked him to look into it for me. They had it for $39.99 so I had him pick a copy up for me and I paid him back. Worked out pretty well.

The FYE's in South Florida want $44.99 for it. Not sure if it is worth picking up.

EdTheRipper
09-27-07, 08:47 PM
The FYE's in South Florida want $44.99 for it. Not sure if it is worth picking up.

For me, it's a total blind buy. I think I've seen maybe one episode some time ago. I just figured I'd give it a shot. From what I hear, the prices are varying from $39.99 to $49.99 too. Not sure why the big difference in pricing.

FusionX
09-27-07, 11:33 PM
All the FIP DVDs I have (5) came from the ROH website (in grab bags) and are all WWN releases.

Yes, because WWN produces all the FIP, Shimmer, and ROH DVDs. That's why FIP is so slow to release, ROH gets priority. I checked this myself, the retail WWN discs of Shimmer 1 and 2 are cut, not sure about FIP or later Shimmer shows.

shacmasta
09-28-07, 05:26 PM
http://www.silvervision.co.uk/images/products/WWE1168_l.jpg

Since bursting onto the WWE scene in 2002, John Cena has always known how to make an entrance. Watch John Cena: My Life, to see why he is such a master of creating a "big match" atmosphere. This documentary plus matches features are a must for any Cena fan.

This set contains a nearly two hour documentary on John Cena's life and career with contributions from Vince McMahon, Triple H, and John's friends and family.

John Cena's Muscle Car Collection

Matches include:

Randy Orton’s farewell match
The Prototype vs. Randy Orton
OVW 19/1/02

vs. Chris Jericho
Vengeance 21/7/02

vs. Rikishi
SmackDown! 27/3/03

“I Quit Match” for the WWE Championship
vs. JBL
Judgment Day 22/5/05

John Cena, HBK, Hulk Hogan vs. Tyson Tomko, Chris Jericho, Christian
Raw 27/6/05

"Extreme Rules" for the WWE Championship
vs. RVD
ECW One Night Stand 11/6/06

“TLC” Match for the WWE Championship
vs. Edge
Unforgiven 17/9/06

Interviews & Promos
+ John Cena Returns to OVW
+ Military Coin Collection
+ Fast Cars & Superstars: Gillette Young Guns Celebrity Race
+ Cena Goes Camping
+ Right Now Music Video
+ K-Fed
+ WrestleMania 22 Entrance
+ WrestleMania 21 – John Cena/JBL WrestleMania Goes Hollywood Promo
+ OVW - The Prototype In Ring Promo 12/1/02
+ Cena Trains with Gold’s Gym Contest Winner

A selection of "5 Questions with the Champ" from WWE.com

dadaluholla
09-28-07, 08:03 PM
I guess Cena's only getting two discs then? Not a lot of matches on there.

sg2386
09-28-07, 08:45 PM
if the Cena DVD is 3 disc they could have easily added 5-10 more matches, but likely changed to 2 disc from the looks of the content.

I found out the new HBK DVD is 3 disc so hopefully that one will include the 55 minute match with Cena.

doctaheath78
09-29-07, 03:15 PM
I just went to a Blockbuster and spoke to the manager there who seemed to be very knowledgeable as far as the WWE DVD situation goes. He told me his store is in the top 5 in sales for the South Florida area (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/West Palm Beach), which mean they usually get more copies of DVDs for sale and rent. He looked in the computer and for the next few releases (Unforgiven and No Mercy) they ARE NOT receiving any copies for sale. They have 2 of every WWE Blockbuster release for sale NEW and he was shocked when they did not get in SUMMERSLAM. He put in a call to find out what was going on and found out DUE TO THE LACK OF SALES the DVDs would only be available for rent. He also told me that some of the WWE DVDs go to the previously viewed section, but if they do not sell after 2 months they are destroyed. He already destroyed 8 WWE DVDs including Royal Rumble, No Way Out and Wrestlemania.

So by the looks of it renting it and keeping it is the only way to complete the Blockbuster collection.

Also the MSRP was raised to $34.99.....$5 for the rental and $29.99 to keep the DVD.

JCWBobC
09-29-07, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the info. My receipt says "Own it 10/6/07 for only $24.99 more" so that is what they must have changed it after I rented it.

I still have one copy for sale if anyone needs it.
Thanks,
Bob

shacmasta
09-29-07, 03:54 PM
I just went to a Blockbuster and spoke to the manager there who seemed to be very knowledgeable as far as the WWE DVD situation goes. He told me his store is in the top 5 in sales for the South Florida area (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/West Palm Beach), which mean they usually get more copies of DVDs for sale and rent. He looked in the computer and for the next few releases (Unforgiven and No Mercy) they ARE NOT receiving any copies for sale. They have 2 of every WWE Blockbuster release for sale NEW and he was shocked when they did not get in SUMMERSLAM. He put in a call to find out what was going on and found out DUE TO THE LACK OF SALES the DVDs would only be available for rent. He also told me that some of the WWE DVDs go to the previously viewed section, but if they do not sell after 2 months they are destroyed. He already destroyed 8 WWE DVDs including Royal Rumble, No Way Out and Wrestlemania.

So by the looks of it renting it and keeping it is the only way to complete the Blockbuster collection.

Also the MSRP was raised to $34.99.....$5 for the rental and $29.99 to keep the DVD.

Lack of sales? Give me a fucking break. They only have ONE for sale that's sealed. Tops 2. It's not like they depend on these sales or even put in the time to advertise these dvd's (besides the wwe magazines). I mean if blockbuster can't stand to have a few sealed copies of wwe dvd's laying around, tell them to sell it thru there online shop or allow us to order sealed copies thru the manufacturer and they send it to the store. I mean there are countless ways to go, other then just stopping in the middle of a promotion.

Bottom line, weinstein/genius need to re-think this exclusive stuff. Fine you wanna offer renters something more thru blockbuster....bravo. But don't leave the collectors in the dust. Offer it through another outlet as well, maybe FYE for example. You wanna rent go to blockbuster, buy go to fye, because blockbuster won't sell it to you.

xage
09-29-07, 04:09 PM
For those who would like to extend their Disgruntlement about the Summerslam Blockbuster DVD

You can contact this Main Blockbuster# and look for Dennis or any marketing customer service:866-692-2789

Not unless:

Aces_High
09-29-07, 07:11 PM
Ah shit man, I can't go through the trauma of being mugged everytime I go to Blockbuster.

FusionX
09-29-07, 11:09 PM
Ah shit man, I can't go through the trauma of being mugged everytime I go to Blockbuster.

Do the workers at your store hassle you or what? The ones at the store I go encourage people to keep the DVDs, reminding them how convenient it is and how it is all automatic and painless. I do love the idea of some employee taking it personally and demanding answers, though.

sg2386
09-30-07, 11:29 PM
here are the extras for Unforgiven DVD itself:

DVD Extras
Unforgiven 2007 – Post-Match Undertaker Exit
RAW 17/09/07 – John Cena, John Cena Sr. & Randy Orton Story

the blockbuster bonus disc will probably include the CM Punk vs Morrison match for the ECW title where Punk won the title and likely the Orton vs Cena Sr. from RAW the next night.

l8nerduke32
10-01-07, 05:59 AM
Lack of sales? Give me a fucking break. They only have ONE for sale that's sealed. Tops 2. It's not like they depend on these sales or even put in the time to advertise these dvd's (besides the wwe magazines). I mean if blockbuster can't stand to have a few sealed copies of wwe dvd's laying around, tell them to sell it thru there online shop or allow us to order sealed copies thru the manufacturer and they send it to the store. I mean there are countless ways to go, other then just stopping in the middle of a promotion.

Bottom line, weinstein/genius need to re-think this exclusive stuff. Fine you wanna offer renters something more thru blockbuster....bravo. But don't leave the collectors in the dust. Offer it through another outlet as well, maybe FYE for example. You wanna rent go to blockbuster, buy go to fye, because blockbuster won't sell it to you.

Couldnt have said it any better myself!

afcchamp88
10-01-07, 11:53 PM

It's one of the only releases on the entire site that says "matches include." I wouldn't be surprised if it's only a partial listing.

doctaheath78
10-02-07, 12:38 AM

According to fye.com the Cena release is a 3-Disc set.

doctaheath78
10-02-07, 12:02 PM
HEY l8nerduke32.....DID the Summerslam DVD come sealed inside the tin or is it opened?

geicos27
10-02-07, 02:44 PM
HEY l8nerduke32.....DID the Summerslam DVD come sealed inside the tin or is it opened?

It's sealed inside.

l8nerduke32
10-03-07, 01:16 AM
It's sealed inside.

as geicos27 said, yes it did

Untitled 1
10-03-07, 05:21 PM
Here are some recent additions to my WWE DVD collection

WWE Vengeance 2007 UK Slip Case Exclusive with bonus artcards

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1209/wweukvendvddp9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7862/wweukvendvd2pz9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WWE Royal Rumble 1999 and 2000 Tagged Classics (unedited versions)

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1408/wwerrtc9900gv0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I also pre ordered the WWE Raw Collection 4 disc set from HMV which was due for release on October 1st. However this seems to have been deleted from their website so I am going to contact the distributor Silvervision directly about this one.

shacmasta
10-03-07, 06:19 PM
Is that vengeance dvd a slivervision exclusive or for all U.K?

Also, Did you get that one night stand dvd w/bonus disc?

Aces_High
10-03-07, 11:06 PM
Say when is that WalMart exclusive Undertaker DVD due out? I have to keep a keen eye out, have a feeling it's gonna be a tough number to find.

Also what else is coming out the next few weeks besides these:

10/16-Unforgiven
10/23-Rey Mysterio multi disc feature
10/23-TNA Christian Cage feature "Instant Classic" (this has already been sent to retail and avail. at online retail already)
unknown-TNA Hard Justice (already available at some online retailers)

edman180
10-04-07, 12:37 AM
Say when is that WalMart exclusive Undertaker DVD due out? I have to keep a keen eye out, have a feeling it's gonna be a tough number to find.

Also what else is coming out the next few weeks besides these:

10/16-Unforgiven
10/23-Rey Mysterio multi disc feature
10/23-TNA Christian Cage feature "Instant Classic" (this has already been sent to retail and avail. at online retail already)
unknown-TNA Hard Justice (already available at some online retailers)

Well according to walmart.com, the exclusive undertaker dvd will be coming out the same day the Rey Mysterio dvd will be coming out, on 10/23. Hope this helps.

TommyD1030
10-04-07, 06:53 AM
10-9: TNA Hard Justice
10-16: WWE Unforgiven 2007 and Instant Classic: Christian Cage
10-23: Rey Mysterio and Undertaker 15-0

sg2386
10-04-07, 11:59 AM
i found this pic

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hLMExFDiL._SS500_.jpg

It says the Blockbuster version will include the McMahon segment where he put Hornswoggle up for adoption. Wonder what the bonus matches will be.

Untitled 1
10-04-07, 05:08 PM
Is that vengeance dvd a slivervision exclusive or for all U.K?

Also, Did you get that one night stand dvd w/bonus disc?

I still haven't received One Night Stand through the post, so I went down to my local HMV to check it out. Basically it's just the 2007 and 2006 events stuck together and sold as one with a HMV Exclusive sticker on it.

With regards to the Vengeance DVD it will be available online on Amazon and HMV should you wish to order it. I also had note from HMV that the 4 disc Raw Collection is no longer being released.

shacmasta
10-04-07, 05:16 PM
I still haven't received One Night Stand through the post, so I went down to my local HMV to check it out. Basically it's just the 2007 and 2006 events stuck together and sold as one with a HMV Exclusive sticker on it.

With regards to the Vengeance DVD it will be available online on Amazon and HMV should you wish to order it. I also had note from HMV that the 4 disc Raw Collection is no longer being released.

Thanks. Sucks about the raw collection, sounded promising.

I'll probably order the vengeance dvd when the summerslam steelbook is released.

wwe.com has the first 2 volumes of the royal rumble anthology up for sale. The only thing different is the colors.

http://shopzone.wwe.com/newimages/images/W01075X.JPGhttp://shopzone.wwe.com/newimages/images/W01076X.JPG

shacmasta
10-05-07, 12:11 AM
For those of you interested in the Smackdown vs Raw 2008 video game. Like last year, they will be doing another "collector's edition", But for PS3 this time.

Credit: Mike Regan from http://gamingring.com

Long time Gamingring Admin and Gamestop employee RAWFShowtime today gave me the details on the Playstation 3 Collectors Edition of WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008. Here is whats included. A WWE signature moves book, An autographed Rey Mysterio Lenticular card, Kelly Kelly topps trading card with unlockable code + a special bonus making of DVD. All nicely packaged in a steel game case.

JAROTO
10-05-07, 10:35 PM
i found this pic

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hLMExFDiL._SS500_.jpg

It says the Blockbuster version will include the McMahon segment where he put Hornswoggle up for adoption. Wonder what the bonus matches will be.

hope its cm punk's title win!

throwback
10-06-07, 03:55 AM
Sneak Peek of Rey Mysterio Ultimate Edition Exclusive Set
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8864/8474037ye4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Joel Goodsen
10-06-07, 05:37 AM
Being as I have not heard any news on a Summerslam Boxset, I E-mailed Silver Vision to see if there was any info/updates. The response was basically, there is no set time frame because they are looking into how many people would buy it. Maybe a few E-mails of interest could get it pushed along?

Eiher way, it doesn't sound too promising at the moment. :grumble:

BrIaNMeRcY
10-06-07, 12:44 PM
Next Tagged Classics release: Credit goes to Silvervision.co.uk

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/images/products/WTC036_L.JPG

shacmasta
10-06-07, 12:48 PM
Sneak Peek of Rey Mysterio Ultimate Edition Exclusive Set
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/8864/8474037ye4.gif

Where is that being sold?

TommyD1030
10-06-07, 01:29 PM
Hey, I know that there is a trading board, but I just wanted to know if anyone is interested in the Wrestlemania 23 Blockbuster Exclusive. I have an opened one that I picked up yesterday. The disc is completely clean, no scratches. Just wondering if anyone is interested in it. $19.99 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

BrIaNMeRcY
10-06-07, 02:12 PM
Where is that being sold?

Best Buy. I just checked out the site and the photo is excatly the same.

shacmasta
10-06-07, 03:00 PM
Best Buy. I just checked out the site and the photo is excatly the same.

Nice, The more exclusives the better, in my opinion. Makes it alot easier to double dip on the same DVD when exclusives are involved, especially for this particular DVD and all it's different colors.

throwback
10-07-07, 08:17 PM
Here's My WWE DVD Collection 5.5ft Glass Cabinet
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/DV_cbnt1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/DV_cbnt2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/DV_cbnt3.jpg

2nd Cabinet
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/DV_cbnt4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/DV_cbnt5.jpg

bobert3
10-07-07, 10:17 PM
That's really cool Throwback!

deto
10-07-07, 10:24 PM
wow! that is awesome throwback.

dadaluholla
10-07-07, 10:27 PM
Looks like almost everything in that cabinet is still sealed. What's the point of owning all these great wrestling dvds if you're not watching them?

deto
10-07-07, 10:28 PM
who is that bobble head of?

lastofthewild1s
10-07-07, 10:30 PM
Looks like almost everything in that cabinet is still sealed. What's the point of owning all these great wrestling dvds if you're not watching them?
Very nice collection, no doubt. I have always wondered if you buy doubles of all the dvd's so you have a copy to watch and one to keep sealed.

EdTheRipper
10-07-07, 11:29 PM

I agree 100%. The collection looks great but it loses points in my eyes for having the majority of it still sealed.

Untitled 1
10-08-07, 06:15 PM
Nice collection and display Throwback, I actually thought you had loads more wrestling dvd's but none the less still pretty amazing.

sliccric2006
10-08-07, 06:56 PM
For those that might be interested, I saw this today on CD Universe:

WWE - Royal Rumble Anthology: Vol. 3 DVD
Regular Price: $39.25
Sale Price: $39.00

Scheduled to release Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives.
Format:

WWE - Royal Rumble Anthology: Vol. 4 DVD
Regular Price: $39.25
Sale Price: $39.00

Scheduled to release Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives.
Format:

throwback
10-08-07, 07:29 PM

2nd Cabinet
Very nice collection, no doubt. I have always wondered if you buy doubles of all the dvd's so you have a copy to watch and one to keep sealed.
You're Exactly right bro, on a few ocassions i've bought doubles one for watching & one to keep sealed as for the sealed copies you see in the other cabinet those are just doubles.

Nice collection and display Throwback, I actually thought you had loads more wrestling dvd's but none the less still pretty amazing.
Dude you're display is bigger than mine :D
To Summarize my dvd collection only consists of 70% Wrestling Signed DVD's, 20% R1 Variants & 10% sealed

shacmasta
10-08-07, 08:45 PM
Awesome setup, Throwback. I see a few sets that I wish I wouldve picked up. Like the Bret Hart FYE Box w/Beanie and the Foley Box that I believe was a UK exclusive, Correct me if I'm wrong, Untitled 1. Of course the WM Leather Anthology. All in all, Great Pics.

By the way. Who's the bobble of?

throwback
10-08-07, 09:12 PM
Awesome setup, Throwback. I see a few sets that I wish I wouldve picked up. Like the Bret Hart FYE Box w/Beanie and the Foley Box that I believe was a UK exclusive, Correct me if I'm wrong, Untitled 1. Of course the WM Leather Anthology. All in all, Great Pics.
The Foley Box is R1 Exclusive from transworld stores also there's an R2 version of it

Reference Pics:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/FoleyEx1.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/FoleyEx2.jpg

That would be my mini version of me, dude :D

shacmasta
10-08-07, 09:33 PM
The Foley Box is R1 Exclusive from transworld stores also there's an R2 version of it

That would be my mini version of me, dude :D

Wonderful....another box I missed out on.

As for the bobble, Cool :up:

throwback
10-08-07, 09:38 PM
Thanks dude, Nways Speaking of Exclusives:

Summerslam 2007: Blockbuster Exclusive
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/summerslamBB1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/summerslamBB2.jpg

Completed See No Evil Exclusives:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/Kane_SeeNoEvil1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/throwbackchampion/Kane_SeeNoEvil2.jpg

WWE Bestbuy DVD Sampler(w/bonus match)
Hook Pendant (from CC)
Journey to Hell (FYE)
w/ Senitype (CC)

Sabrett
10-08-07, 10:00 PM
Why so many of the BB DVD Sampler?

doctaheath78
10-09-07, 12:43 PM
Any word on what Match(es) the Blockbuster Bonus Disc will contain for Unforgiven?

doctaheath78
10-09-07, 12:48 PM
According to 411mania.com/wrestling.news:

- Big Vision Entertainment is scheduled to release a six DVD box set on 11/13 called "Hardcore Forever." The set will include the ECW documentary "Hardcore Forever" which was directed by Jeremy Borash, the Hardcore Homecoming event, and the Hardcore Homecoming November Reign event.

- WWE is gearing up to celebrate the 15th anniversary of RAW this January. They will be releasing a special DVD to go along with the milestone.

Just thought I would pass it along......good thing I never purchased the Hardcore Homecoming events yet. :)

sg2386
10-09-07, 05:33 PM
According to 411mania.com/wrestling.news:

- Big Vision Entertainment is scheduled to release a six DVD box set on 11/13 called "Hardcore Forever." The set will include the ECW documentary "Hardcore Forever" which was directed by Jeremy Borash, the Hardcore Homecoming event, and the Hardcore Homecoming November Reign event.

- WWE is gearing up to celebrate the 15th anniversary of RAW this January. They will be releasing a special DVD to go along with the milestone.

Just thought I would pass it along......good thing I never purchased the Hardcore Homecoming events yet. :)

I bought all the Hardcore Homecoming events and the documentary, so no need for that.

I am very interested in the RAW DVD, but i thought it will suppose to come out in December.

BTW does anyone own the XPW Complete 1st Season 3 disc DVD and the Baptized in Blood Vol. 1 and 2??? and if so how are they and hows the video quality? i read that they digitally remastered but a review said that they quality was poor. I was thinking of ordering both from Amazon.ca.

edman180
10-09-07, 08:02 PM
I bought all the Hardcore Homecoming events and the documentary, so no need for that.

I am very interested in the RAW DVD, but i thought it will suppose to come out in December.

BTW does anyone own the XPW Complete 1st Season 3 disc DVD and the Baptized in Blood Vol. 1 and 2??? and if so how are they and hows the video quality? i read that they digitally remastered but a review said that they quality was poor. I was thinking of ordering both from Amazon.ca.

I own the XPW: The complete 1st season and it's pretty bad, the video quality is terrible, its really dark and all the episodes don't have any complete matches, there are mostly highlights of matches and interviews from the wrestlers.
Hope this helps.

drew4824
10-09-07, 08:56 PM
I own the XPW: The complete 1st season and it's pretty bad, the video quality is terrible, its really dark and all the episodes don't have any complete matches, there are mostly highlights of matches and interviews from the wrestlers.
Hope this helps.

I will go on the record and say it's my biggest regret of any dvd I have ever bought. By far the worst wresting dvd I have ever seen.

sg2386
10-09-07, 10:37 PM
Hope this helps.

thanks for your help, guess i will pass on it. I had a feeling it won't be good quality, since i own After the Fall and the quality was equivalent to VHS.

Wanted to see if Season 1 and Baptized in Blood Vol. 1 and 2 were really "digitally remastered", guess not.

Bigjames
10-10-07, 12:33 AM
We got Unforgiven in at Blockbuster tonight unfortunately no CM Punk Title win. The Extras are the Teddy Long Wedding and McMahon adopting Hornswoggle segment.

shacmasta
10-10-07, 01:25 AM
We got Unforgiven in at Blockbuster tonight unfortunately no CM Punk Title win. The Extras are the Teddy Long Wedding and McMahon adopting Hornswoggle segment.

I assume none are for sale like it's being reported, Right Big J ?

Anyway...

Picked up the Rey Jr. DVD a few weeks early. Went with the green over the red and black versions, no blue or yellow at the shop. The sticker on the front of the dvd reads "1 great dvd - 4 collectible covers". So maybe 5 was just a rumor or the 5th color is going to be a chase version to drive collectors wild.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/shacmasta/001-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/shacmasta/002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/shacmasta/003-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/shacmasta/004-1.jpg

Untitled 1
10-10-07, 10:09 AM
The Rey set looks sweet, I may just wait for the region 2 releases unless I can get a good price for the region 1 versions.

I know it's slightly off topic being a video game but this is a UK play.com exclusive of the upcoming WWE "Dirty Edition" Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 game for XBOX360. It's nothing special but I have just placed a pre order to be guaranteed a copy for £39.99 on November 9th.

Here are some pics for those that are interested.

http://images.play.com/covers/3354306x.jpg

http://images.play.com/banners/3354306l.jpg

nodeerforamonth
10-10-07, 11:41 AM
I didn't like Smackdown vs Raw 2007, and am certainly don't care about 2008 now that I know Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is coming out in a month.

Rich Sawyer
10-10-07, 11:57 AM
It looks like it says "Eddie Guerrera" on the Mysterio match listings.

shacmasta
10-10-07, 05:03 PM
It looks like it says "Eddie Guerrera" on the Mysterio match listings.

Never noticed but your right. All the chavo & eddie guerrero listings are listed as guerrera.

TommyD1030
10-10-07, 05:18 PM
I can't wait for the new Rey Disc. I just recently picked up the Blockbuster Judgment Day exclusive for 9.99. Love the extra cage match.

Untitled 1
10-11-07, 05:19 PM
Here are some recent additions to my WWE DVD collection

See No Evil, Cabin Fever, Jeepers Creepers "Triple Terror" Exclusive

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2625/wwekanedvdaq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7223/wwekanedvd2by3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6274/wwekanedvd3nb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WWE One Night Stand 2006 and 2007 HMV Exclusive double pack

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5265/wweonshmvdvdps0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8195/wweonshmvdvd2lu5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WWE Summerslam 2007 Blockbuster Exclusive

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9298/wwesslambbdvdms2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2493/wwesslambbdvd2hy8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4006/wwesslambbdvd3dm1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

WWE Summerslam 2007 FYE Exclusive Tin

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9909/wwesslamfyedvdiu1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2707/wweslamfyedvd2hq5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Obviously the Blockbuster set is opened along with the Triple Terror set but I am going to keep the FYE and HMV Exclusives sealed. Silversion are releasing a UK Exclusive Summerslam 2007 Steel Book DVD next month so that should complete a nice set of Summerslam Exclusives.

xage
10-11-07, 09:11 PM
A late compliment here.. been busy monitoring the Evil Dead Ultimate Edition and the upcoming Transformers thread ...

Nice to see you posted your collection throwback!

2nd Cabinet

John S.
10-11-07, 09:31 PM
About the individual Royal Rumble volumes, does anyone know the status of the Chris Benoit footage? Thanks in advance. :)

sg2386
10-11-07, 10:22 PM
About the individual Royal Rumble volumes, does anyone know the status of the Chris Benoit footage? Thanks in advance. :)

Good question!

But the thing is we won't find out til about January since Vol. 3 and 4 will be released. But i have a strong feeling that they will leave his footage as is as well as for future Anthology releases.

I don't they will add his matches in compilation DVDs or superstar DVDs, which explains why they left out those awesome tag matches from SD in 2002 between Angle/Benoit, Guerreros, Mysterio/Edge from the Mysterio DVD.