Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Version 2.0

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Version 2.0

Old 07-22-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe it would be a good idea to use seamless branching, maybe even as a hidden option.
Old 07-22-07, 12:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just pulled out my Benoit Hard Knocks PSP UMD last night and I watched it from start to finish. I am not sure how others feel but watching this program gave me the chills. Seeing all the Benoit family members talking about Chris was downright depressing, then seeing Nancy talking about him was just too much. I am really not sure I can ever watch this program again.....
Old 07-22-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Triple H is getting ANOTHER DVD? I mean isn't the first DX DVD (which was re-released in 2006 after it's initial release in 1998 as VHS), the Triple H: The Game DVD, the Triple H: That Damn Good DVD, and the new 3-disc DX DVD enough for now? I'd rather wait and get a Hart, Flair, or even Taker like release for him down the road.
Old 07-22-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by John Slider
Triple H is getting ANOTHER DVD? I mean isn't the first DX DVD (which was re-released in 2006 after it's initial release in 1998 as VHS), the Triple H: The Game DVD, the Triple H: That Damn Good DVD, and the new 3-disc DX DVD enough for now?
I think Triple H deserves a 3 disc anthology type release. The game dvd was a nice docu/match piece, but a bit dated and ALOT has happened to him since. The Damn good release seemed like more of a complement piece to the game dvd and is OOP now. The DX 3 disc, I agree was a bit of a waste and seemed like a cash grab and I will never understand how 6 months of dx '06 needs 3 discs, yet 10 years (give or take a few years) of horsemen material gets 2 discs.

I'd rather wait and get a Hart, Flair, or even Taker like release for him down the road
I assume you know they already have dvd releases and your asking for another release. If so, I totally agree and would love a volume 2 of bret hart or ric flair, even taker for that matter.
Old 07-22-07, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
I just pulled out my Benoit Hard Knocks PSP UMD last night and I watched it from start to finish. I am not sure how others feel but watching this program gave me the chills. Seeing all the Benoit family members talking about Chris was downright depressing, then seeing Nancy talking about him was just too much. I am really not sure I can ever watch this program again.....

I thought you were selling all your wrestling DVDs and donating the money to charity. What happened to that? What happened to never watching this "damn disgusting business"?
Old 07-22-07, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shacmasta
I think Triple H deserves a 3 disc anthology type release. The game dvd was a nice docu/match piece, but a bit dated and ALOT has happened to him since. The Damn good release seemed like more of a complement piece to the game dvd and is OOP now. The DX 3 disc, I agree was a bit of a waste and seemed like a cash grab and I will never understand how 6 months of dx '06 needs 3 discs, yet 10 years (give or take a few years) of horsemen material gets 2 discs.

I assume you know they already have dvd releases and your asking for another release. If so, I totally agree and would love a volume 2 of bret hart or ric flair, even taker for that matter.
Fuck Bret, I rather have Owen Hart DVD set
Old 07-22-07, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dx23
I thought you were selling all your wrestling DVDs and donating the money to charity. What happened to that? What happened to never watching this "damn disgusting business"?
dx23, you don't want to open another can of worms do you? You really want to start this crap again? I am going to ask the moderators for some assistance here, you obviously can't let this go...
Old 07-22-07, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by John Slider
...and the new 3-disc DX DVD enough for now? ...

The only good thing about the DX 3-disc DVD set was the rare footage they included that occurred during the RAW TV commercials. I really wish WWE would do that with all of the other TV matches that are included on future releases. But that would be the smart thing to do, right?
Old 07-22-07, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

dx23, you don't want to open another can of worms do you? You really want to start this crap again? I am going to ask the moderators for some assistance here, you obviously can't let this go...
You go into the wrestling threads in Sports Talk and bash wrestling, and then come in here posting about watching a Benoit UMD. What are we suppose to think?
Old 07-22-07, 06:25 PM
Banned

The bottom line is the wrestling business breeds this garbage, I don't care if it's steroids, drug dependency, domestic abuse or any other thing the 'boys' do that is illegal. Professional wrestling has always been a freakshow and it always will be. Someday maybe they will go back to be the circus sideshow they use to be, wrestling in my eyes is dead and buried...
Because the wrestling fans can't face the facts and realize the wrestling business is pure sleeze, the WWE are the bottom of the barrell and there is absolutely nothing positive about professional wrestling. Did you hear on the national news yesterday that over SIXTY wrestlers under the age of 45 have died in the past 10 years. After being a fan of wrestling for over 25 years my eyes are finally open. I am removing all wrestling related items in my home and my 2 sons will NOT be watching wrestling again, especially my 15 year old son. He is obsessed with wrestling and this is going to change mighty quick. The real world is 100% correct with their opinions of professional wresting...It a dirty, disguisting business....Goodbye and good riddance to the WWE and the garbage they produce...
Since we have been buying wrestling dvds since day one and we have well over 200 of them I don't think they will be given away or thrown out. There are plenty of wrestling zombies who will pay for them. Don't worry, we will make out quite well with all of them, especially the WWF ones and the long out of print ones. And no, I will not be selling them here.....
Over the past month you have been crapping on the WWE, the fans and wrestling in general. You have posted messages calling wrestling fans like me zombies. You have continuosly ranted that you were getting rid of all your wrestling collection and that you were going to prohibit yor sons of watching any more of these "crap". Then you come into this thread and post the complete opposite. So Wildo, make up your mind.
Old 07-22-07, 07:18 PM

If anyone from the WWE reads this forum,

Close Caption or Subtitle the DVD's!

cheap bozo's......

I own 3 WWE DVD's
1 ECW

2. Ric Flair

3. Ric Flair and the 4 Horsemen

I haven't bought any others, even when WalMart had that blow out sale because of the lack of captions.
Old 07-22-07, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Scott45
If anyone from the WWE reads this forum,

Close Caption or Subtitle the DVD's!

cheap bozo's......

I own 3 WWE DVD's
1 ECW

2. Ric Flair

3. Ric Flair and the 4 Horsemen

I haven't bought any others, even when WalMart had that blow out sale because of the lack of captions.
Unless someone in your family is hearing impaired (and if they are, no disrespect meant), you don't need subtitles unless you're listening to the Iron Sheik talk.
Old 07-22-07, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
Unless someone in your family is hearing impaired (and if they are, no disrespect meant), you don't need subtitles unless you're listening to the Iron Sheik talk.
Or at least Khali or the Warrior.
Old 07-22-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Over the past month you have been crapping on the WWE, the fans and wrestling in general. You have posted messages calling wrestling fans like me zombies. You have continuosly ranted that you were getting rid of all your wrestling collection and that you were going to prohibit yor sons of watching any more of these "crap". Then you come into this thread and post the complete opposite. So Wildo, make up your mind.
Well said.
Old 07-22-07, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by bravesmg
Well said.
Agreed!
Old 07-22-07, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
The only good thing about the DX 3-disc DVD set was the rare footage they included that occurred during the RAW TV commercials. I really wish WWE would do that with all of the other TV matches that are included on future releases. But that would be the smart thing to do, right?
For instance, I'd love to see the Angle-Lesnar Ironman complete, even if the commercial parts had no commentary. I'm sure they could make stuff like that happen.
Old 07-22-07, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by KurtK26
For instance, I'd love to see the Angle-Lesnar Ironman complete, even if the commercial parts had no commentary. I'm sure they could make stuff like that happen.
I've often wondered that myself. You know they keep the cameras rolling while they're at commercial. It would only make sense to include that footage when they release these matches on dvd.
Old 07-23-07, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
Agreed!
ditto
Old 07-23-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 07-23-07, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by lastofthewild1s
I've often wondered that myself. You know they keep the cameras rolling while they're at commercial. It would only make sense to include that footage when they release these matches on dvd.
Hell, if nothing else it would take up more space on discs that need a little padding. And, to marks like me, it's a selling point to rebuy matches I already have.
Old 07-23-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i finally received my Slammiversary 2007 package from SHOPTNA after a month of waiting. Everything looked in excellent condition and the autographs don't seem to have any bents. Thats the last time i will shop at TNA, but i really want to get the Victory Road special just for the DVDs, but i don't want to go through the long waiting again.
Old 07-23-07, 10:45 PM

They need to do a second Ric Flair DVD!

Possible matches based on T.V. tapings, VHS tapes released by the
WWF and PPV's. I'll do WCW matches tomorrow.

WWF / WWE
- Hulk Hogan
>Dayton, Ohio - Oct. 22nd, '91
>Springfield, Mass. - Nov. 12th, '91
>NYC at MSG - Nov. 30th, '91
>Austin, Tex. - Dec. 4th, '91
>NYC at MSG - Dec. 29th, '91
>Daytona Beach, Fl. - Jan. 7th, '92
>Ft. Myers, Fl. - Jan. 8th, '92
>Tampa, Fl. - Feb. 17th, '92
>West Palm Beach, Fl. - Feb. 18th, '92 (tag match)
>Mobile, Al. - March 9th, '92 (tag match)
>Biloxi, Ms. - March 10th, '92 (tag match)
>NYC at MSG - March 23rd, '92 (tag match)

- Kerry Von Erich
>Steel cage match - Dec. '82
>World title victory in Japan - May '84
>Barcelona, Spain - Oct. 5th, '91

- Bret Hart
>New Haven, CT - Nov. 13th, '91
>Worcester, Ma. - July 20th, '92 (tag match)
>Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada - Oct. 12th, '92
>Dayton, Oh. - Nov. 24th, '92
>Green Bay, Wis. - Dec. 14th, '92
>San Antonio, Tex. - Jan. 5th, '93
>Boston, Mass. - Jan. 9th, '93 (home video footage - Iron Man match)

- Undertaker
>Lubbock, Tex. - Jan. 27th, '92 (tag match)
>Portland, Me. - July 21st, '92 (tag match)
>Landover, Md. - Sept. 2nd, '92

- Roddy Rowdy Piper
>Wheeling, WVa. - Sept. 30th, '91
>NYC at MSG - Oct. 28th, '91
>San Antonio, Tex. - Dec. 3rd, '91
>Amarillo, Tex. - Jan. 28th, '92

- Tito Santana
>London, England - Oct. 3rd, '91
>Nashville, Tn. - Aug. 11th, '92
>NYC at Manhattan Center - Jan. 18th, '93

- Survivor Series
>Detroit, Michigan - Nov. 27th, '91 (survivor match)
>Richfield, Oh. - Nov. 25th, '92 (tag match)

- Shawn Michaels
>Corpus Christi, Tex. - Dec. 2nd, '91

- Randy Savage
>Lubbock, Tex. - Jan. 27th, '92
>Indianapolis, In. - April 5th, '92
>Toledo, Oh. - April 7th, '92
>Kalamazoo, Mi. - April 8th, '92
>Niagara Falls, NY - April 28th, '92
>Syracuse, NY - April 29th, '92
>Cincinnati, Oh. - May 18th, '92
>Lexington, KY - May 19th, '92
>Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - June 2nd, '92
>Glens Falls, NY - June 29th, '92
>Binghamton, NY - June 30th, '92
>Portland, Me. - July 21st, '92 (tag match)
>Huntsville, Al. - Aug. 10th, '92
>Hershey, Pa. - Sept. 1st, '92

- Battle Royal
>NYC at MSG - Feb. 23rd, '92

- Genichiro Tenryu
>Yokohama, Japan - April 17th, '92
>Tokyo, Japan - April 18th, '92
>Yokohama, Japan - Sept. 15th, '92

- Sgt. Slaughter
>Syracuse, NY - April 29th, '92

- The Ultimate Warrior
>Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - Sept. 21st, '92
>Brandon, Manitoba, Canada - Sept. 22nd, '92

- Tatanka
>Erie, Pa. - Nov. 23rd, '92

- Big Bossman
>Madison, Wis. - Dec. 15th, '92

- Mr. Perfect
>Beaumont, Tex. - Jan. 4th, '93
>NYC at Manhattan Center - Jan. 18th, '93

- Kurt Angle
>Anaheim, Ca. - June 27th, '05
>Boston, Mass. - Dec. 12th, '05

- Carlito
>Oklahoma City, Ok. - Sept. 18th, '05
>Wichita Falls, Tex. - Sept. 19th, '05

- Edge
>Rockfield, Ill. - May 24th, '04
>Albany, NY - Jan. 8th, '06
>Raleigh, NC - Jan. 16th, '06

Tag Matches...
>Chicago, Ill. - April 12th, '04
>Calgary, Alberta, Canada - April 19th, '04
>Topeka, Ks. - April 26th, '04
>Dayton, Oh. - June 14th, '04
>Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - July 5th, '04
>San Antonio, Tex. - Aug. 2nd, '04
>Wichita Falls, Tex. - Sept. 6th, '04
>Portland, Or. - Sept. 12th, '04
>Tucson, Az. - Sept. 20th, '04
>Dallas, Tex. - Oct. 3rd, '05
>Charlotte, NC - Jan. 23rd, '06

- Shelton Benjamin
>Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - April 18th, '04
>Feb. 20th, '06

- Lord Steven Regal / William Regal
>Anaheim, Ca. - Aug. 23rd, '04
>Minneapolis, Mn. - Nov. 13th, '05

- Mr. McMahon
>Atlanta, Ga. - Jan. 20th, '02

- Triple H
>San Diego, Ca. - Nov. 1st, '05
>Detroit, Michigan - Nov. 27th, '05
>Atlanta, Ga. - Feb. 6th, '06

Last edited by GLENDALEFALCON; 07-23-07 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-23-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just received my Silvervision version of the Ultimate WM 23 DVD. I ordered it from HMV.co.uk

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed a bit. The only reason I ordered it was for the senitype and it turns out the senitype is the piper/adonis seni from the circuit city exclusive.. The postcards are ok, nothing too special.

Here's the pics....

Comes w/a slipcover.

Last edited by shacmasta; 07-23-07 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-24-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone list the Blockbuster exclusive matches for One Night Stand 2007 and Vengeance 2007 please?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 07-24-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
Damn you. I caved in and ordered a plaque I couldn’t afford. This will go well with my autographed Vince trading card (got that one in person) along with a picture of me with Vince.

Now will have to sell the DVD and the shirt (already own the DVD and have no desire for the shirt).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.