Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ace Ventura 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ace Ventura 3

Rewatching the Ace Venture films after all these years and since other Jim Carrey roles have passed I've come to the opinion that Ace Ventura is one of his best charachters. IMO it is kind of a shame that the series died, though I do think that a third film to close to the last one may have been overkill. Now seems like a good time for Ace torevived. Or maybe I'm just sequel/trilogy crazy.
Old 07-17-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
When the term "movie trilogy" is used, Ace Ventura isn't a character that immediately springs to mind as needing it. If anyone other than Jim Carrey had been in those movies, they would be considered the worst pieces of garbage ever filmed. Carrey is so funny & talented, he made them both hilarious. However, another flick isn't needed.

Honk!
Old 08-15-06, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When the term "movie trilogy" is used, Ace Ventura isn't a character that immediately springs to mind as needing it. If anyone other than Jim Carrey had been in those movies, they would be considered the worst pieces of garbage ever filmed. Carrey is so funny & talented, he made them both hilarious. However, another flick isn't needed.
Ace Ventura is Coming Back (No Jim Carrey!)

I would think that studios would've learned after Son of the Mask and Dumb and Dumberer, but I guess not.
Old 08-15-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979

I would think that studios would've learned after Son of the Mask and Dumb and Dumberer, but I guess not.

I think that's the worst thing I've ever heard....How marvelous.
Old 08-15-06, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Un-fucking-believable! Damnit, stop...just stop.
Old 08-15-06, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979

Uggggh...horrible news.
Old 08-15-06, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
If anyone other than Jim Carrey had been in those movies, they would be considered the worst pieces of garbage ever filmed.
Aren't they considered that anyway?

Seriously though - I think Jim is one of those actors who uses his comedy movies to make the kinds of films he really wants to do (like Man In the Moon, Eternal Sunshine, The Majestic). Like Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams, I think Jim is one of those people BETTER in serious or semi-serious roles...sadly the public has typecast him into those Jerry Lewis-like flicks.
Old 08-15-06, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not meanng to derail this thread, but speaking of Carrey and his 'serious roles', can anyone remember a TV movie called 'Doing Time on Maple Drive" featuring JC as an alcoholic? Quite excellent.

BTW, I agree with everyone, this is an incredibly bad idea.
Old 08-15-06, 08:01 PM

This movie has retarded written all over it. It is so obviously a bad move, it completely confounds me how anyone could ever think this should be made.
Old 08-15-06, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SeekOnce
This movie has retarded written all over it. It is so obviously a bad move, it completely confounds me how anyone could ever think this should be made.
$$$$

It'll probably cost next to nothing to produce.
Old 08-16-06, 12:29 AM
En vacance

They should make a future trilogy DVD box set entitled "Jim Carrey Franchise's Juniors: Crappy Trilogy" consisting of Son of the Mask, Dumb and Dumberer, and Ace Ventura 3: Sonavabitch so it could be used as fire fuel.
Old 08-16-06, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
How old could his son be? If he didnt have one in the last movie he couldnt be more than 10 or so. Unless they say he had one before the other movies and he never knew about it, etc. but it sounds like it will be a horrible movie. If JC were to be in a 3rd Ace Ventura, I'd go see it.

Anyone remember the Ace Ventura cartoon?
Old 08-16-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Whenever I'm having financial difficulties, it always makes me mad that a studio would greenlight a piece of crap like this rather than just mail me a check so I can put it to better use.
Old 08-16-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this has a 0% chance of being good
Old 08-16-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Aren't they considered that anyway?

Seriously though - I think Jim is one of those actors who uses his comedy movies to make the kinds of films he really wants to do (like Man In the Moon, Eternal Sunshine, The Majestic). Like Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams, I think Jim is one of those people BETTER in serious or semi-serious roles...sadly the public has typecast him into those Jerry Lewis-like flicks.
I disagree completely. Jim Carrey is best in comedic roles. The original Ace Ventura is one of the funniest movies ever made, with a comedian at the top of his game. The new sequel news makes me sick. Get Jim back PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 08-17-06, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, well, well. I have nothing further to say in regards to a Carrey-less 3rd installment of Ace Ventura.
Old 08-17-06, 09:51 AM

i can't wait to see "son of the cable guy"
Old 07-17-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ace Ventura 3- this isnt a joke :(

Josh Flitter, currently mugging for screentime opposite Robin Williams in "License to Wed," will take the lead in "Ace Ventura 3."

With Jim Carrey presumably off doing better things, "Ace Ventura 3" will focus on the son of the original pet detective. Played by Flitter, the wee Ventura becomes a pet detective for his little friends, eventually going in search of a stolen baby panda.

Jason Heimberg, Justin Heimberg and Jeff Sank wrote the project, which will be produced by Morgan Creek and directed by David M. Evans.

The first "Ace Ventura" film made just under $110 million worldwide, while the sequel made under $215 million around the globe.

There's ample precedent that making a sequel to Jim Carrey movies without Carrey isn't the best of ideas. Released in 2003, the Carrey-free "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd" failed to make it to $40 million worldwide, while the worldwide take for "Son of the Mask" did a little better, but couldn't make it past $60 million. While "Bruce Almighty" made over $480 million worldwide, this summer's "Evan Almighty" hasn't made it past $100 million, despite the presence of Steve Carell.

Flitter has had a busy summer, appearing in both "License to Wed" and "Nancy Drew." His other credits include "Big Momma's House 2" and "The Greatest Game Ever Played."
-------------------------------------

Old 07-17-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
No one learned their lesson from "Son of Mask" apparently. Or Dumb and Dumberer. Or Earth Girls are Easy 2. .
Old 07-17-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
I put this in the sequels thread. I didn't think it deserved its own since (and I'm hoping) this will go STV.
Old 07-17-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,656 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I'm mostly shocked that Ace Ventura 2 did so much better than the first one, considering that the first one is a pretty damn funny movie and the second is a pile of horseshit.

Doesn't look good for the threequel.
Old 07-17-07, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is fucking terrible...just one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of.
Old 07-17-07, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holy crap.... Son of the Mask made almost 60 million freaking dollars!?!?!
Old 07-17-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Son of the Mask
Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
Evan Almighty

All box-office hits.
Old 07-17-07, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You would think they would have learned by not that Jim Carrey sequels without Jim are a bad idea, but yet, they keep plugging on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.