Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

MythBusters - Collection 2 coming out October 16, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
MythBusters - Collection 2 coming out October 16, 2007

I happened to come across this. MythBusters - Collection 2 will be coming out on October 16, 2007 and will feature 13 more episodes. The first collection included season 1 and 2 episodes and this includes season 3, 4 and 5 episodes. Season 5 is the current season, so I don't know if that means that any more collections will be released after this, or if that's it.
I personally prefer season sets, but they are only available direct from Discovery Channel stores, which are usually pretty expensive but are on sale right now. (See this thread) Also, the season sets are only available for a fraction of the series, and of course these collections overlap with the released season sets.
Old 07-13-07, 09:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And I thought the way the Farscape series was released on DVD was confusing So do the season sets actually contain everything from those seasons or is it just a series of "best of" esp. released in various forms (and then the individual esp. released via the Discovery Channel)?
Old 07-13-07, 11:02 AM

First there was the Season One set, which did include all of the season one episodes (except for specials) Then came Season Two, which for some reason skipped the first 11 episodes of the season and was just the last 14. Then, came 'Season One, Part 2' which was actually those missing season one DVDs. Season Two isn't even available anymore though.
There weren't anymore season sets until just recently, when Season 5 Part 1 and Season 5 Part 2 came out, which did include what they claimed (except that Part 1 also had one season 4 special).
Everything above is only available from Discovery Channel stores. Now they have these Collections that are widely available, but is more of a 'best of'. The worst part is, the collections feature some episodes that were on the season sets and some that weren't.
Old 07-14-07, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is almost if not more confusing then the Midsomer Murder DVD releases. They are coming out with a Dirty Jobs collection sometime in sept. & I hope it actually contains season 1 & isn't as confusing as the MythBusters collection.
I hope TLC which is a Discovery Communications channel, releases Little people, Big World & Miami Ink on DVD. They half of a season of LP,BW available at the discovery store & season 1 of MI for sale but they have been available forever & it doesn't look like they will be releasing anymore anytime soon.
I know discovery doesn't own A&E but why the hell couldn't they have released season sets of DOG: The Bounty Hunter instead of "Best of" sets which were only a couple episodes away from being a complete season set.
Old 07-14-07, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
This is almost if not more confusing then the Midsomer Murder DVD releases.
Midsomer was confusing at first but I sat down one day w/ the sets and IMDB and worked it all out...

Set#1: most of season#2 w/ 1 eps from season#1
Set#2: all season#3 w/ 1 eps from from season #2
Set#3: season#4 minus 1 eps
Set#4: all of season#5 w/ the missing eps from #4
Set#5: the rest of season#1
Set#6: all of season#6
Set#7: first 1/2 of season#7
Set#8: second 1/2 of season#7

Now why they picked this order, who knows. I've been putting them all in a binder in broadcast order so I really don't care Of course sense they are up to season #10 in the UK so we still have a little ways to go before everything is finally released.

Mythbusters though, I've looked over all the sets that are available and I can't figure out what to buy in order to try and get what's out there w/ the fewest purchases. I guess I'll just pick up the 2 compilations that are available for sale in the link given above and leave it at that for now.
Old 07-16-07, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
They are coming out with a Dirty Jobs collection sometime in sept. & I hope it actually contains season 1 & isn't as confusing as the MythBusters collection.
From Image Entertainment's info page:
Experience 21 of Rowe's dirtiest, funniest and most adventurous jobs in these nine complete episodes.
Looks like that will just be a best of as well, as it contains some episodes from seasons 1, 2 and 3.