Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

40-Year-Old Virgin DVD question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-07, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
40-Year-Old Virgin DVD question

I'm sure this has been discussed at length and I've done a search and after digging for a while I decided to start a new thread.

I've finally now decided I must own The 40-Year-Old Virgin and I'm curious about the commentary track that is included on the first DVD release.

Am I correct that the commentary was not carried over for the new edition?

And who is on the commentary track? I've looked at several sites but they never say who exactly is included in the commentary.

I think I would be more satisfied with the original DVD release but I'd like to know who's on the track.

Thanks.
Old 07-11-07, 09:39 PM

If you had bothered to read the DVDTalk review you would've gotten all your answers:

Available on Both Single-Disc and Double Your Pleasure Editions:
- Feature Commentary
- Deleted Scenes (incl., Mooj, Cal & Paula, etc).
- You Know How I Know You're Gay
- Waxing Doc
- Date-A-Palooza
- Line-O-Rama
- 1970s Sex Ed Film
- Gag Reel

Exclusive to Double Your Pleasure / Unrated:
- Exclusive Set of Deleted Scenes
- Video Diaries
- Auditions
- Raw Footage
- Reel Comedy Roundtable
- Cinemax Final Cut
- My Dinner With Stormy (On Both UNRATED Editions)
Old 07-11-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the commentary is carried over (BTW, the commentary on the R-rated is the same as the unrated, only the new stuff and perhaps raunchier material is cut). Off the top of my head, the commentary includes director Judd Apatow, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Romany Malco, Gerry Bedknob, Jane Lynch and I think Leslie Mann is on there as well.
Old 07-11-07, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Robert
If you had bothered to read the DVDTalk review you would've gotten all your answers:
The thing I was mostly concerned about was who was actually featured on the commentary track, so no, that actually wouldn't have helped me.

Originally Posted by Rizor
Yes, the commentary is carried over (BTW, the commentary on the R-rated is the same as the unrated, only the new stuff and perhaps raunchier material is cut). Off the top of my head, the commentary includes director Judd Apatow, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Romany Malco, Gerry Bedknob, Jane Lynch and I think Leslie Mann is on there as well.
Thank you Rizor that's exactly what I was looking for.
Old 07-12-07, 12:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RagingBull80
The thing I was mostly concerned about was who was actually featured on the commentary track, so no, that actually wouldn't have helped me.

Thank you Rizor that's exactly what I was looking for.
Hey RagingBull, I see you live in Oklahoma, what area you from? Pretty cool to see a guy who lives in Oklahoma, I know 3 other people from Oklahoma here but can't really think of their screenames though
Old 07-12-07, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Rizor
Off the top of my head, the commentary includes director Judd Apatow, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Romany Malco, Gerry Bedknob, Jane Lynch and I think Leslie Mann is on there as well.
And then unknown Jonah Hill, who played the e-bay store kid.
Old 07-12-07, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
Hey RagingBull, I see you live in Oklahoma, what area you from? Pretty cool to see a guy who lives in Oklahoma, I know 3 other people from Oklahoma here but can't really think of their screenames though
I live in OKC. I wasn't sure there were any other people from OK here. It is good to know.

I went ahead and got the Double Your Pleasure Edition today and have watched almost all of disc two and am very pleased with it. Thanks for the help guys.