Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Bill and Ted redux (merged)

Yavin
07-11-07, 10:26 AM
The Hollywood remake machine rolls on, crushing pedestrians and vehicles beneath its massive treads and raping childhoods along the way. Next stop: Bill and Ted.

According to LATimes (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-scriptland11jul11,0,3466786.story?coll=la-headlines-calendar) , a direct-to-DVD "re-imagining" of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure is on the way.

MGM is developing a straight-to-DVD revisiting of the late-'80s cult classic "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" for producer Frank Mancuso Jr. at 360 Pictures. Although their deal is still being worked out, writers Gabe Grifoni and Suzanne Francis ("Wieners") have already turned in an outline for an updated take on San Dimas' most excellent native sons.

GuessWho
07-11-07, 10:40 AM
No way, Bill!

Drop
07-11-07, 10:43 AM
Yuck, it seems hard to improve on this concept, especially if it is direct-to-DVD.

Michael Corvin
07-11-07, 11:00 AM
Part of the charm of the original is the language Bill & Ted use. That will be completely gone in this, since no one talks like that these days, which leaves you with just two unlikable morons.

fumanstan
07-11-07, 11:05 AM
No one will be better then Keanu. No one.

al_bundy
07-11-07, 11:06 AM
maybe in this one they will really be locked in the iron maiden

DVD Josh
07-11-07, 11:12 AM
No Alex Winter, no sale.

Good to see he's finding work. He's currently King Mole Man on Saul of the Mole Men.

Shannon Nutt
07-11-07, 12:01 PM
No way, Bill!

Yes way, Ted!

I'd rather see a sequel with Keanu and Alex teaming up with their younger sons. Heck, both Keanu and Alex have said they would WANT to be in a sequel...so you'd think the studio would be into that.

I'm guessing with the impending writer's strike upcoming, we're going to be seeing A LOT of remakes in 2008.

animatedude
07-11-07, 02:12 PM
ah! AT LEAST it's direct to DVD.FUCK MGM.

BobSchlapowitz
07-11-07, 02:20 PM
ah! AT LEAST it's direct to DVD.FUCK MGM.

That is bogus!

Palaver
07-11-07, 02:27 PM
Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K

UAIOE
07-11-07, 02:28 PM
I didn't even like the *ACTUAL* sequel, why would I want to see this movie "re-imagined"?

Mopower
07-11-07, 02:33 PM
As long as they have a time travel machine phone booth. Two idiots. And a future full of extremely bad hair. I'm there.

VHS?
07-11-07, 02:35 PM
Most heinous ............ :(
Why does Hollywood insist on going where they shouldn't.
All they do is remake now.Doesn't ANYONE have any original ideas anymore?

So now only us will know of the great Bill and Ted while newer generations will see some fucked up copy cats that are nowhere near the originals.....lame!

Drop
07-11-07, 03:24 PM
I didn't even like the *ACTUAL* sequel, why would I want to see this movie "re-imagined"?

Bogus Journey was by far a better film.

rennervision
07-11-07, 03:33 PM

At least until they got to Hell. And then the third act derailed. (Although I did enjoy the ending.)

DVD Josh
07-11-07, 03:43 PM

Massive disagreement.

mdc3000
07-11-07, 03:55 PM
If Bill & Ted were to ever actually go to Hell, I imagine this direct to dvd sequel would be playing 24-7.

Charlie Goose
07-11-07, 03:57 PM
I'll bet they get George Carlin to reprise his role.

fernsita
07-11-07, 03:58 PM
haha. if carlin is in it. im down.

Nefarious
07-11-07, 04:00 PM
If you us are thinking what we us are thinking right now then you us and we us agree this is most unspectacular.

...Unless the recast of Mitzi is hella-hot.

DVD Josh
07-11-07, 04:06 PM
If Bill & Ted were to ever actually go to Hell, I imagine this direct to dvd sequel would be playing 24-7.

It's not a sequel, it's a remake.

GeorgeP
07-11-07, 04:11 PM
Although their deal is still being worked out, writers Gabe Grifoni and Suzanne Francis ("Wieners") have already turned in an outline for an updated take on San Dimas' most excellent native sons.

:lol: I can't WAIT to see how this will be marketed.

"From the writers that brought you 'Wieners'...They're Back!"

UAIOE
07-12-07, 01:20 AM

I remember renting this movie on VHS when it first became available and even back then I knew something was off with the movie.

The movie just wasn't as much fun as "Excellent" and the change in tone really killed the fun of the movie. I like that they tried to do something different, but the characters don't really fit in well with what they were doing in "Bogus".

That and there really was no need for a sequel to be made.

Michael Corvin
07-12-07, 06:01 AM
I remember renting this movie on VHS when it first became available and even back then I knew something was off with the movie.

The movie just wasn't as much fun as "Excellent" and the change in tone really killed the fun of the movie. I like that they tried to do something different, but the characters don't really fit in well with what they were doing in "Bogus".

:up:

raven56706
07-12-07, 07:54 AM
Actors Nick Cannon and Omarion are set to star in this remake

nateman
07-12-07, 08:23 AM
No one will be better then Keanu. No one.
Direct-To-DVD is the perfect place for Keanu's acting abilities too be shown.

DVD Josh
07-12-07, 09:46 AM
Actors Nick Cannon and Omarion are set to star in this remake

Good lord.

Shannon Nutt
07-12-07, 12:15 PM

The sequel should have been released under its original title:

"Bill & Ted Go To Hell"

But the producers were worried parents would throw a fit, and since Bill and Ted are only in Hell for a small portion of the movie, they changed the title.

tylergfoster
07-12-07, 12:17 PM
I liked Evil Bill and Ted from Bogus Journey but the characters were definitely more one-dimensional.

UAIOE
07-12-07, 03:02 PM
The sequel should have been released under its original title:

"Bill & Ted Go To Hell"

But the producers were worried parents would throw a fit, and since Bill and Ted are only in Hell for a small portion of the movie, they changed the title.

No matter what they call (or wanted to call) the movie can help the fact that the movie lacked the fun of the first movie.

As for the re-make....brace yourselves for the idea that the two jokers starring in it will probably make Keanu look like a 3 time Oscar winner.

SonOfAStu
07-12-07, 05:43 PM
I <3 So-crates and Beeth-oven.

Imail724
07-12-07, 07:02 PM
Actors Nick Cannon and Omarion are set to star in this remakeAnd I'm sure they will be just as good as Cedric The Entertainer as Ralph Kramden and Mike Epps as Ed Norton. Also, Bogus Journey was good because it had Primus in it.

Boondock Saint
07-12-07, 07:24 PM
I love both films and this news disappoints me terribly. :(

Drop
07-12-07, 07:44 PM
I'd go as far to say I don't really even care for the first one. It feels very cheap and the acting is kind of lame. Journey basically improves every way possible and takes a ton of risks, plus it's not just a remake of the first film, like it easily could've been. The supporting cast of characters were much entertaing as well. Death and Station were awesome.

Basically, it's like this: Bogus Journey is to Excellent Adventure as Bride of Frankenstein is to Frankenstein.

I'm sticking to that.

Calculon
07-12-07, 07:59 PM
maybe in this one they will really be locked in the iron maiden

Excellent!!!

mmconhea
07-13-07, 09:13 AM
They just need to update the click Bill and Ted comformed to.
They could make Bill and Ted a bunch of Emos and they could travel through time cutting themselves.

Michael Corvin
07-13-07, 11:06 AM
As for the re-make....brace yourselves for the idea that the two jokers starring in it will probably make Keanu look like a 3 time Oscar winner.

:lol:

Puzznic
07-13-07, 10:44 PM
I just watched both Bill and Teds thanks to this thread. They were much better than I remembered, they are pretty underrated.

comanche_doyle
07-14-07, 05:35 PM
I thought that Bill Sadler made the second movie fun. Playing battleship and twister and then getting pissed off and changing the terms of their release from hell was great.

MartinBlank
04-03-08, 10:15 PM
Bill & Ted remake? Yep, and we got the dirt!
Date : April 2, 2008 Writer : Clint Morris

After many years of rumours, scuttlebutt, and spruiking on Alex Winter’s behalf (I believe there was also a producer trying to get a third film up at one stage – might be the same chap behind this one, not sure), we can finally confirm that a new “Bill & Ted” movie is indeed in the works.

Unfortunately, it isn’t the one you’ve been hoping for – the one where Winter and Keanu Reeves return to play 40-something version’s of the iconic dags. Instead, the new “Bill & Ted” is somewhat of a series restart.

Errr.

Bill & Ted are two Year 10 students, on the verge of failing their school year (the principal, Principal Baumheiser, is their main adversary), when they discover a way to travel through time – yes, it’s by way of a phone again, albeit a funkier one than that in the original – to meet some of the characters they’re supposed to have learnt about at school. They met Gandhi, Calamity Jane… the list goes on. The next week, Bill & Ted have to present a “full presentation of every class” they’re failing, which is all of them.

Oh, and as for Wyld Stallions? They’re retired. Bill & Ted’s group, in this film, is ‘Atomic Gorillas’. Ha.

The pages of the script that I’ve seen indicate that the film has been updated for the audience of today – there’s a few less “Whoa’s” than there was in the original, and the screenwriter has gone out of his way to throw in a bunch of references to all the cool and hip stuff the youngin’s are into today (for instance, Bill & Ted are worried that they’re going to miss “The Dark Knight”). It definitely reads like the old “Bill & Ted”…. But not entirely. Lets see who they cast.

Assume this will go straight to DVD – along with all the other sequels MGM’s developing right now.

Source (http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080402_bill_ted_remake_yep_and_we_got.html)

Why?

Crizzar
04-03-08, 10:31 PM
Is this moviehole site reputable? That article stinks of shennanigans and is a day late for April Fool's.

I mean, he got his hands on a "script" but that doesn't mean that it's been greenlit, right? Right?! :(

Horrible news if true.

project86
04-03-08, 10:45 PM
There was an old thread about this a few months back, so its no april fools... sadly :(

wishbone
04-03-08, 10:57 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/973/evandorkingbatcc0.jpg
Let's hope that future Bill and Ted can save the day yet again and prevent this from happening...

Drexl
04-03-08, 11:04 PM
I'm not totally against remakes, but I just don't see the point here.

If they're not going to speak and act the same way, what's left? The whole point was having those characters that were a distinct product of their time interact with historical figures. They might as well just make a new movie about kids travelling through time, with no relation to Bill and Ted.

UAIOE
04-03-08, 11:44 PM
Just put me down for "Why?"

nickdawgy
04-04-08, 02:08 AM
Why? Because people will pay money to see it. If stuff like Meet the Spartans and Alvin and the Chipmunks can make millions, why not release this?

rexinnih
04-04-08, 07:58 AM
Another Why?

starman9000
04-04-08, 08:01 AM
Bogus

Michael Corvin
04-04-08, 08:44 AM
Don't worry, you are only late to the party by about 9 months.

Bill & Ted Redux thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=506084) from July of '07.

Drop
04-04-08, 09:42 AM
I still think Bill & Ted 3 is a better idea. Especially if it follows the trend of improving on it's predecessor. It's not like Keanu has to worry about typecasting anymore, and it could be shot quick enough and cheap enough to not interfer with any other projects he has up his sleeves.

I never see it happening, especially if they remake it, but the idea will always excite me.

starseed1981
04-04-08, 09:47 AM
Argh!

TheNightFlier
04-04-08, 11:28 AM
Well this sounds like crap.

devilshalo
04-04-08, 11:38 AM
Someone needs to get melvin'd.

starman9000
04-04-08, 12:16 PM
Someone needs to get melvin'd.

That would be totally station.

aJOHNymous
04-04-08, 01:27 PM
Ok, I'll start:

Bill: Paul Dano
Ted: Shia LaBeouf
Rufus: Bruce Willis
Abe Lincoln: Lance Henriksen
Joan of Arc: Natalie Portman
Socrates: Malcolm McDowell
Billy the Kid: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Napolean: Verne Troyer
Freud: Kevin Spacey
Genghis Khan: Jackie Chan
Beethoven: Matt Damon

It'll make billions. Trust me.

Luther Heggs
04-04-08, 01:46 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/973/evandorkingbatcc0.jpg
Let's hope that future Bill and Ted can save the day yet again and prevent this from happening...
WTF, why do Bill & Ted look like Milk & Cheese? Did Evan Dorkin draw this?

wishbone
04-04-08, 02:01 PM
WTF, why do Bill & Ted look like Milk & Cheese? Did Evan Dorkin draw this?http://thedailycrosshatch.com/2007/11/06/interview-evan-dorkin-pt-3-of-7318/

MartinBlank
04-04-08, 02:05 PM
Ok, I'll start:

:lol:

RyoHazuki
04-04-08, 02:24 PM
Bill and Ted 3 would make a good chunk of change. If they had any brains or dignity they would just do that.

My Other Self
04-04-08, 02:33 PM
They could do a third one done right with Alex and Keanu. This sounds like Dumb & Dumberer to me. LAME!

Dash
04-04-08, 03:19 PM

Watch the tv show Jack of all trades staring everybodys favorite, Bruce Campbell and thats exactly what you will get