DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Question about hair color

NORML54601
07-11-07, 09:16 AM
So I have been growing my facial hair out for the first time ever. I was a late bloomer in the sense I didn't even have to start shaving until I was 23. When I was 16 - 17 it was annoying, a few years later I took it as a convinence Anyway, so I've got about 3 weeks of growth and a decent looking little beard. Last night I was playing poker and one of the women at the table asked my if I dye my hair. I said no and asked her what gave her that impression and she tolkd me my facial hair is red while my hair is dirty blond/light brownish. Why would my facial hair be a different color than the rest of my body hair. The rest of the hair on my body (legs, chest, etc..) is darker than the hair on my head. What gives?

GradVT06
07-11-07, 09:19 AM
I dunno, but similar for me. My hair is straight brown but my facial hair is mixture of brown/blonde/red hairs. It's not very noticeable and I can only tell when I'm actually leaning towards the mirror when I shave and stuff. But that causes my facial hair to not look quite as dark or thick.

mndtrp
07-11-07, 09:37 AM
I dunno, but similar for me. My hair is straight brown but my facial hair is mixture of brown/blonde/red hairs. It's not very noticeable and I can only tell when I'm actually leaning towards the mirror when I shave and stuff. But that causes my facial hair to not look quite as dark or thick.
Yep, same for me. I'm 27, and didn't have to shave consistantly until about 22. Dark brown hair, fairly pale fella. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but there you go.

AGuyNamedMike
07-11-07, 09:52 AM
Pretty common among certain bloodlines. My best Army buddy has shockingly pale blond hair and when he grows it a red beard. He's of Nordic ancestry, from Wisconsin. In my case it's medium brown hair with a faint dusting of gray at the temples on my head, and the same medium brown with about 50% gray in my beard. When I was younger, I had a few blond hairs in the beard and excessive sun exposure would bring out red and blond highlights in my head hair.

mndtrp
07-11-07, 09:54 AM
Oh, I just remembered, my father is a redhead. That probably has more to do with it than my maturity.

stingermck
07-11-07, 09:58 AM
I have nothing to contribute but to say FU to the guys who started shaving in their 20's :)

I think I had to start at 15, and now at 28 I could shave twice a day. But if I ever need to hide I can have a full beard in a couple of days.

But years ago, when I had a goatee, it had red hairs in it here and there, despite my hair being dark brown.

Mrs. Danger
07-11-07, 10:26 AM
Head and beard rarely match. If they DO, then suspect dyeing.

and, that woman was rude to ask.

wishbone
07-11-07, 11:00 AM
I am a dirty blonde as well and my facial hair is red with brown and blonde like GradVT06 mentioned. I am not aware of any redheads in the family outside of my niece and nephew (it had to come from somewhere). My father's side is Dutch and German (dirty blondes/brown), my mother's side is Irish (dark-haired, now stark white).

I was bit of a late bloomer to shaving too. BTW, I have had a beard since the fall of 1994, I image my face is rather pale by now. :D