DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Imbedded youtube links don't load

Dignam
07-10-07, 01:57 PM
I've tried updating my quicktime, that's not it. I assume it's a security setting, but I'm not sure which one. The same thing happens on funnyordie.com (www.funnyordie.com), there's a white area with a scroll arrow (with no bar) on the right side.

Windows XP
Internet Explorer (latest version)

Anyone have any ideas?

Tracer Bullet
07-10-07, 02:23 PM
Do videos play if you go to Youtube directly?

Dignam
07-10-07, 02:39 PM
Yes, that's why it's weird. Some just show a white box with a scroll option on the right, too.

Tracer Bullet
07-10-07, 04:29 PM
I was thinking it could be a Flash issue, but since you can play the videos at the site, that seems to not be the case.

Dignam
08-04-07, 12:31 PM
I still haven't found a fix for this.. anyone?

benedict
08-04-07, 12:44 PM
Anyone have any ideas?I don't but if other people don't have the problem then one would think that it is something particular to your set up.

I suspect that more information is required if anyone is to be able to get to the bottom of this e.g. what browser, operating system, ISP is involved? DO you have any intervening blocking programs such as virus checkers etc that might have an unexpected impact.

If you can provide the info maybe (no guarantees) someone more technically minded might be able to come up with a hypothesis.

Edit: I see you've added some more info to the original post :D

Dignam
08-04-07, 12:47 PM
I checked out youtube's help section and followed their instructions for removing and reinstalling the latest version of flash. They had one step I wasn't doing, which is restarting in between the two. I don't know why that matters, but it fixed the problem.