Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

BCI/Eclipse Horror Releases

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-07, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BCI/Eclipse Horror Releases

I just got the new BCI/Eclipse releases of Vengeance Of The Zombies and The Night Of The Werewolf on DVD. Also looking forward to their double feature discs with the "grindhouse" moniker... most notably for the Black Candles/Evil Eye disc. Anyone know about the print of Black Candles for the disc? Uncut, HD transfer?

I'm also excited to see editions of Exorcism and Amando De Ossrio's Night Of The Sorcerers.

On a side note does anyone know about plans to release a proper edition of Count Dracula's Great Love? I currently own the Sinema Diable version of the movie, and while I found the film quite enjoyable the print is horrible.... obviously dubbed from an old VHS print.
Old 07-09-07, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I completely agree. Both of the recent Naschy releases are glorious. I can't wait for the 2 new ones this fall. Between the classy packaging, excellent menus, quality audio/video and great extras BCI have really outdone themselves and many other companies with these high-end releases.
Old 07-10-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Black Candles/Evil Eye disc. Both features are non-anamorphic. The transfers don't look so hot, either. Haven't sat through the movies in their entirety, so I don't know about cuts.
Old 08-16-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best Buy has Exorcism/Night of the Sorcerors out early. Both movies packaged together for $17.99.

I'll add that this is different than the previous Best Buy Naschy combo. Both movies are together in a double keep case with separate liner notes inside for each film. I suppose the only downside is the covers are cut in half to show both on the front.

Last edited by Nth Power; 08-16-07 at 07:31 PM.