Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hell's Kitchen Episode 6 (7/9/07 on FOX)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-09-07, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Will Melissa survive being on the men's team? We'll see tonight

Summary:
Spoiler:
Melissa joins the men's team as it vies with the women to see which team can prepare better lobster dishes. But first they must kill the lobsters. At that evening's dinner service, one team has its worst night yet.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-09-07 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-09-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More importantly, will the rih-ZAH-to be undercooked?
Old 07-09-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Will Melissa survive being on the men's team? We'll see tonight

Summary:
Spoiler:
Melissa joins the men's team as it vies with the women to see which team can prepare better lobster dishes. But first they must kill the lobsters. At that evening's dinner service, one team has its worst night yet.
Thanks for starting up the thread. Looking forward to this show always makes the start of the week a little bit easier.
Old 07-09-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Since this summer has been my introduction to Ramsay's shows, I was lucky enough to have not seen the 3 Ramsay's Nightmares on BBCAmerica last night. I just finished watching the third before coming to work, love the show, but I'm ready for angry, Old Testament Ramsay tonight.
Old 07-09-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was totally bullshit. Ramsey already made up his mind on which team is gonna win. As always, the girls won. Why the fuck would the guys want to get all pretty and do a photo shoot anyway? The call for Rock to show up at the photo shoot, only to pick up the trash is beyond fucking ridiculous and insulting.
Old 07-10-07, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
That was totally bullshit. Ramsey already made up his mind on which team is gonna win. As always, the girls won. Why the fuck would the guys want to get all pretty and do a photo shoot anyway? The call for Rock to show up at the photo shoot, only to pick up the trash is beyond fucking ridiculous and insulting.
Yeah I can see why Rock was pissed. The girls did a salad, a bowl of soup and risotto with a lobster tail plopped down in the middle of it. If it was as close as Ramsay made it seem the guys should have won on sheer creativity, as that was supposed to be one of the main points of the challenge.
Old 07-10-07, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Of the remaining chef's, does anyone see a clear front runner? In years past there have been a few people I could see winning, but this year? All the chef's have been presented as being mediocre.

I don't see how any big improvement will happen in the 5 or so episodes left.

And it would be fun to see how many times the women have won the reward challenge versus the men over the three seasons of the show. I think they're batting .800 or something.
Old 07-10-07, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm quite shocked at how Melissa started off this competition as somewhat competent and quite lovely to look at, and as the weeks wore on, degenerated into...something else, an arrogant bitch with unwashed hair, an ear-stabbing Jersey accent and a soul patch made entirely out of acne scars. Good riddance.
Old 07-10-07, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Last night reinforced my feelings that this year's version is nowhere near as good as last year's. This year's group is nowhere near as charismatic; they aren't being embarrassed in anywhere near as funny ways (last year's appetizer taster was a scream); no ridiculous alter egos emerging (can you say K-Grease?).......
Old 07-10-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
That was totally bullshit. Ramsey already made up his mind on which team is gonna win. As always, the girls won. Why the fuck would the guys want to get all pretty and do a photo shoot anyway?
Do you actually think that there is only 1 reward planned?

The call for Rock to show up at the photo shoot, only to pick up the trash is beyond fucking ridiculous and insulting.
These "reality" shows are nothing more than the new "nighttime soaps" or "pro-wrestling"...and are equally as scripted.

It's a fun show... but I get a kick out of how people talk about the characters on the show as if what what we're seeing is real.
Old 07-10-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Come on people: I'm sure the "punisment" took all of 20 minutes to complete. I could seperate plastic water bottles from glass water bottles quickly.

Sure the girls were going to win from the start - I'm sure there is a challenge that the guys are predestined to win.

This is a TV show that is scripted - from challenges, to the patrons complaining and sending back an entire table of food, to Ramsey himself and his pre scripted insults.

"Shut it down"
Old 07-10-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
This is a TV show that is scripted - from challenges, to the patrons complaining and sending back an entire table of food,
Loved that throwaway line when Jean Phillippe suggested that they send all the food back.......
Old 07-10-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll miss the soul patch, but not Melissa, who turned into a zombie in the past couple of episodes.
Old 07-10-07, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Patman
I'll miss the soul patch, but not Melissa, who turned into a zombie in the past couple of episodes.
So she got elimated?
Old 07-10-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
So she got elimated?
Yep. As Gordon would say, she fucked on out of Hell's Kitchen last night.
Old 07-10-07, 09:53 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

front runner looks like 'Mask' girl.
Old 07-10-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I think Rock is the easy front runner at this point. 4 of this people will be gone fairly easily with no fanfare and it will be between Rock and Mask girl. But come on a pastry chef vs an executive chef to see who get to "run" the new restaurant. Where there even any other chefs as accomplished as Rock in the contest from the get go?
Old 07-10-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

According to last night's episode, Mask girl worked at Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant in Philly. She must have some ability, but I just can't see her winning after trying to serve food out of the garbage. My prediction is also for the Rock.
Old 07-10-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Hey fish guy..come over here and taste this"

"This taste like regurgitated dog shit!!"

OH COME ON MOVE YOUR ARSESSS!!!
Old 07-10-07, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
I think Rock is the easy front runner at this point. 4 of this people will be gone fairly easily with no fanfare and it will be between Rock and Mask girl.
Mask girl....heh heh heh.

I was thinking she could almost be a relative of Odo from Deep Space Nine.

Old 07-10-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
This show continues to both amuse and frustrate me at the same time. I love watching it, Ramsay is perfect for TV, but I agree with some others here in regards to the fact that the prize was (once again) pre-picked for the girls.

I'd like to see the first two winners brought on during the last episode to coach the final two competitors. I think it'd be cool to see how they're doing, and the advice they'd offer.
Old 07-10-07, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by orderandlaw
Mask girl....heh heh heh.

I was thinking she could almost be a relative of Odo from Deep Space Nine.

But she said they made her "gorgeous" last night.
Old 07-10-07, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

exactly. every single time its boys vs girls and its up to ramsey to decide who wins, he picks the girls for his "date". and this time, since it was the magazine for sure he wanted the girls to win.

and of course it always comes down to the tie breaker (which is bs because he has already decided...its just to make it dramatic television).
Old 07-10-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GreenVulture
I'm quite shocked at how Melissa started off this competition as somewhat competent and quite lovely to look at, and as the weeks wore on, degenerated into...something else, an arrogant bitch with unwashed hair, an ear-stabbing Jersey accent and a soul patch made entirely out of acne scars. Good riddance.

i was wondering what that was.
Old 07-10-07, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I fell alseep and missed this ep. I wonder if it will repeat next week?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.