Reload this Page >

"Tomb Raider: Legend"...how is it?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 07-07-07, 05:28 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 889 Likes on 752 Posts

Anyone played this and can tell me the pros and cons? I was thinking of another adventure game similar to "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", but with more action, ie: runs and guns for my Gamecube.

It doesn't matter what system as I think they all play similar.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-07, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I just finished the game two days ago. The game is your standard adventure platform fare, with I would say 70% expore/jump/puzzle solve and 30% action. The controls, movement, and aiming are vastly superior to previous Tomb Raider games. And, I thought that the story kept it interesting. I think you can find it for around $25-$30 new... for about 10 hours of gameplay if you search for everything.

I would recommend it... I had fun.
Old 07-08-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
I think SRP is $20 these days.

Well worth it.
Old 07-08-07, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I enjoyed this game, I think if you are looking for a POP style game, Tomb Raider Legend is a good choice. It has POP style controls, much better than the old school TR games. The exploration, platforming and puzzles are pretty well put together.
Old 07-08-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can play it on Gametap for free this week. http://www.gametap.com/home/play/gameDetails/000436950
Old 07-08-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts
It's a very fun game. I highly recommend it. Especially if you want something with pick up and play appeal. Now if your after a game with highly complex puzzles and exploration, I feel only the England level delivers in that aspect. But if you want run and gun fun, the standout is the Japan level.

I agree with Dysoman. The story keeps the game interesting and the controls are the best in a Tomb Raider game in a long time.

After your done with Tomb Raider Legend, I highly recommend Tomb Raider Anniversary. Although you should know that the latter favours exploration and puzzle solving over action.
Old 07-08-07, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, Tomb Raider Anniversary is good choice too if you're looking for something like Prince of Persia.
Old 07-09-07, 05:00 PM

if youve played any previous tomb raider games youll notice the controls are more "2007" for lack of a better word, you can really move around anywere alot better than you could before. the games story is average, but, at the same time you want to finish it. i got mine for 10 bucks off a friend, and i think its one of those games that was looked passed but really is a gem.
Old 07-09-07, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I rented it for a week and when I see it for
Old 10-27-07, 06:54 PM

I was in Target today and saw the 360 version on clearance for $7.48. Needless to say, I bought one!
Old 10-27-07, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I should buy this game. I'm a huge Tomb Raider fan. Those are probably the only video game's I've even played consistently besides the Jak and Ratchet and Clank games. Anyone know good prices for the PS2? If this is available for PS3 I should probably wait... I'm thinking of buying the PS3 when it's new cheaper model comes out in November.
Old 10-28-07, 11:30 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

It's not available for the PS3 - just the XBOX 360, Gamecube, PS2 and possibly XBOX. I'm also unsure about a PC version.

I was never a big fan of any of the Tomb Raider games, until this one. I really enjoyed what I played of it at a friend's house and ended up buying it. I haven't started playing it myself, though.
Old 10-28-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Originally Posted by Wick

I was never a big fan of any of the Tomb Raider games, until this one.
Same here. I bought a TR game years ago and hated it. But I was really impressed with the 360 TR:Legend DEMO and I bought it used a few months back. I got stuck on a swimming level, stopped playing, then a bunch of new 360 games came out, and I put it on a back burner.

But I'm gonna finish it eventually.