Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Fall Out Boys name

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Fall Out Boys name

I'm not a fan of this band, but yesterday (I think it was yesterday), they were on the Today show. I had the day off and my wife was watching it and I heard them ask where they got their name. He says something about how they played without a name and fans would yell out names and someone yelled out Fall Out Boy and they loved it.

We all know that they got it from the Simpsons, so why do they not say this? Is it a copyright issue? Or do they just don't like to admit it?
Old 07-07-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard other bands tell many stories about how they got their names that were different everytime...I think it's one of those things that becomes an in joke if you make new shit up each time... that or Fox would sue there ass, because the origins of their name is very well known.
Old 07-07-07, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
They got the name because they are BOYS and shit music will always FALL OUT of any instruments they play. Thats my theory
Old 07-08-07, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeboo835
I'm not a fan of this band, but yesterday (I think it was yesterday), they were on the Today show. I had the day off and my wife was watching it and I heard them ask where they got their name. He says something about how they played without a name and fans would yell out names and someone yelled out Fall Out Boy and they loved it.

We all know that they got it from the Simpsons, so why do they not say this? Is it a copyright issue? Or do they just don't like to admit it?
Well, technically they didnt get the name from The Simpsons they got it from the fans yelling out Fall Out Boy, so it would actually be the fans that have to admit it