DVD Talk
Select Boxsets Buy One Get One 50% OFF at f.y.e, transworld & other ongoing Deals! [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Select Boxsets Buy One Get One 50% OFF at f.y.e, transworld & other ongoing Deals!

db27
07-06-07, 05:20 PM
<b>New Release rebates for the 14th</b>

Wild Hogs $7 MIR
**get Easy Rider or National Security for $6.99 with purchase
Vacancy $7 MIR
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Movie $7 MIR

<b>New Release rebates for the 7th</b>

TMNT - $7 MIR (save $5 when you buy Unaccompanied Minors on same reciept)
Are We Done Yet - $7 MIR
**get Are we There Yet, Matilda, or Daddy Day Care for $6.99 w/purchase
Disturbia - $7 MIR (free photo card for 15 free prints)
Rome S2- $10 MIR ($69.99) *get free mouse pad while supplies last
No rebates on Simpsons S10 in store $36.99 bart head version or reg version

---------

$19.99 before rebate unless otherwise noted, remember the lowest pricing at these stores occurs within the first week of release, often times the price jumps on week 2.
-----------

<b>Some good sale pricing on the following TV sets $12.99 each no rebates</b>

Charles in Charge S1
Fear Factor S1
Gimme a Break S1
Kojak S1
Quincy S1

--------
Harry Potter Book $20.99

-------------
Reserve any movie, get a $2 coupon towards purchase. Some reservations are only $2 so basically it's free!! 300, Wild Hogs, HP & The Order of the Phoenix etc....
------------

<b> Buy one get one 50% off BOX SET DEALS ends Wed 15th at close of business</b>

Xfiles sets $29.99 (thin cases)
Buffy sets (thin cases)(not season 2) $24.99
Arrested Development
Reba
Bones
That 70's Show
Futurama
Everybody Loves Raymond
24 (season 1 only I think)
Prison Break
Boston Legal
M*A*S*H
The Shield
Sex & the City S1
Stargate thin packs

<b>dozens and dozens more, i'll post a list soon but no guarantee on pricing. However, the sale is solid in most cases you walk away with two box sets for about $20 each which is decent imo</b>

A bunch of others, I know the list is not complete, and in some cases not all seasons were included which was odd, but most of these were priced between $20 and $40. Full price for the most expensive item, and 50% off the cheapest.

Combined with a Backstage Pass (10% off) this is even nicer. Or 20% if your birthday is coming up.

<b>Other happenings....</b>
--------
*USED promo Buy 2 get the third HALF OFF
*All $2.99 or less USED clearance CD's (with green sticker) are 25 CENTS.
*Get 25% more for store credit when selling/trading used in
*Get 10% more cash or credit if a Backstage pass holder
*Check the backside of the fixture with new movies, tons of Buy One Get One Free titles at some decent prices.
--------

<b>also of note, the Buy One, Get One 50% off titles include a lot of regular DVD's on fixtures.</b>
-------
I'll post more stuff and add, edit and what not as time allows. Don't hesitate to ask me specifics, I'll try my best to answer.

db

conehead433
07-06-07, 05:55 PM
Is this deal instore only? Couldn't find any B1G1 box sets at fye.com.

MTRodaba2468
07-06-07, 06:35 PM
Arrested Development Seasons 1 & 2 are $24.99. Season 3 is $19.99.

I'll look up some more of the titles tomorrow when I go to work.

Havok83
07-06-07, 06:38 PM
Arrested Development Seasons 1 & 2 are $24.99. Season 3 is $19.99.

I'll look up some more of the titles tomorrow when I go to work.
Those arent good deals bc they regularly go on sale at Best Buy and CC for $19.99 and $17.99 at Target

manicmyk
07-06-07, 06:51 PM
Those arent good deals bc they regularly go on sale at Best Buy and CC for $19.99 and $17.99 at Target

Buy one get one half off. 24.99 + 12.49(half of 24.99) = 37.49

19.99 x 2 = 39.98

Seems like a good deal to me.

Mr Bear1116
07-06-07, 07:13 PM
The deal is not good at Suncaost. Though, some boxests are 50% off there. I only inquired about the X-Files as it's the only TV series I want to buy. Now if only I could find a FYE or Suncoast with X-Files Season 5.

FangsFirst
07-06-07, 07:13 PM
Is there any evidence of some of the sony titles that were 9.99? I happened across a number of Godzilla releases (mostly "Millennium series" titles, ie, post-Heisei) when I went in for Leviathan for 3.99.

Just curious as to whether there's a way to know all the G titles on sale, since it'd be nice to bump the collection up.

Mr Bear1116
07-06-07, 07:19 PM
Is there any evidence of some of the sony titles that were 9.99? I happened across a number of Godzilla releases (mostly "Millennium series" titles, ie, post-Heisei) when I went in for Leviathan for 3.99.

Just curious as to whether there's a way to know all the G titles on sale, since it'd be nice to bump the collection up.

If so, then it's a shame that all of those films, save Final Wars, are Dubtitled. o.x

db27
07-08-07, 07:18 AM
Is this deal instore only? Couldn't find any B1G1 box sets at fye.com.

correct, these are in store only. Transworld runs the website and B&M's separate in nearly every way including promos and pricing, rebates and more.

Manzana
07-11-07, 11:52 PM
Thanks, db27, for starting this thread. I hope you can keep adding to it each week as new items go on sale. I guess the $19.99 - $7 rebate price for The Last Mimzy and The Astronaut Farmer was online only (that's where I saw them).

It would help if you listed the price before the rebate unless new releases are always $19.99 so I can figure my total cost after BP. Even if the after-rebate price is $14.99 (like this week), adding the extra $2 off for BP and being able to use up a FYE gift card makes it the best deal for me.

Currently FYE is the only local store that gives an almost-tolerable amount of trade-in credit for used DVDs, so I end up with lots of FYE gift cards since I take credit instead of cash. I won't trade to Blockbuster any more because their gift cards are only useful for what little new or used product they happen to carry in the stores... you can't special order what you want nor pay for monthly online membership with Blockbuster gift cards. Gamestop gives too little to be worth bothering.

Keep up the good work, db27!

db27
07-12-07, 06:47 AM
I guess the $19.99 - $7 rebate price for The Last Mimzy and The Astronaut Farmer was online only (that's where I saw them).

It would help if you listed the price before the rebate unless new releases are always $19.99

Currently FYE is the only local store that gives an almost-tolerable amount of trade-in credit for used DVDs,

Keep up the good work, db27!

Yep, they don't seem to always be the same online as in store.

Unless I note otherwise, the new releases are always $19.99 the first week in store.

Yep, our trade in prices seem to be the best around.

Thanks!

Cosmic Bus
07-12-07, 08:19 AM
Are you at the Burlington store, db?

db27
07-12-07, 02:21 PM
Are you at the Burlington store, db?

yessir!

Cosmic Bus
07-12-07, 02:43 PM
I'll have to say hello next time I'm over that way (usually seeing a movie at the Roxy)! :)

IamLegend
07-12-07, 07:02 PM
*GET AN ADDITIONAL 20% ABOVE NORMAL USED CASH OR CREDIT PRICING WITH SPECIAL BAG AQUIRED AT THE STORE. (valid till 18th)-does this mean you fill bag up with trade in stuff...trading in to FYE seems like pain as someone nice will help you and do trade in and other time say they cant take anything..

db27
07-12-07, 08:40 PM
*GET AN ADDITIONAL 20% ABOVE NORMAL USED CASH OR CREDIT PRICING WITH SPECIAL BAG AQUIRED AT THE STORE. (valid till 18th)-does this mean you fill bag up with trade in stuff...trading in to FYE seems like pain as someone nice will help you and do trade in and other time say they cant take anything..

Yes fill it up!

Stores are NEVER supposed to send away trades or buybacks. Sometimes circumstances require it, but it should rarely happen. Though, some managers don't know how important USED is too the business, and the bottom line.

MGR
07-13-07, 01:21 AM
Not much in the 3.99 pile in the FYE I stopped at tonight.
However one which wasn't on the OP's list was Solaris, the George Clooney version.
(But even 3.99 is overpriced for that POS ;) )

db27
07-15-07, 05:36 PM
I'll have to say hello next time I'm over that way (usually seeing a movie at the Roxy)! :)

indeed!

updated list of 7/17 release rebates/deals

db27
07-19-07, 07:41 AM
extra credit bag dealyo has ended, for those of you lucky enough to have had a store willing to participate, congrats :)

db27
07-24-07, 06:57 AM
bump for the new release rebates, couple updates....new thread on or around thursday.

Sweet Baby James
07-24-07, 09:39 AM
bump for the new release rebates, couple updates....new thread on or around thursday.
Thanks for all of the great info, db27! Can you confirm the end date of the Geneon BOGO sale-does it end tomorrow, July 25?

db27
07-24-07, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all of the great info, db27! Can you confirm the end date of the Geneon BOGO sale-does it end tomorrow, July 25?

I don't work today, so I'm not sure if it is continuing or not...

Best I can do is report tomorrow, but that doesn't help much. My guess is it continues, but I can't be sure.

wildman1037
07-25-07, 07:51 AM
I don't work today, so I'm not sure if it is continuing or not...

Best I can do is report tomorrow, but that doesn't help much. My guess is it continues, but I can't be sure.

While you're at it, do you know when the Tartan B1G1F sale ends? Any info is much appreciated.

db27
07-25-07, 01:48 PM
<b>Tartan BOGO and Geneon BOGO ENDS TODAY </b>

Sweet Baby James
07-25-07, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess that I'm off to the mall.

slipped disc
07-25-07, 02:31 PM
DB27 - or others,
I've sent in numerous rebate requests and never had a problem like this before. On the recent promotion, which included The Three Stooges, Wolfgang Peterson, etc., my two rebates were approved, but for a sum significantly less (at least on one) than I should be getting - I can't tell what the items are that weren't given the full rebate amount, because there are two requests, and the website isn't telling me which dvds are included under which rebate tracking number. Anyway, I sent in one email off of their website contact form explaining the problem, with the order numbers, and heard nothing back for longer than the two day period they said it would take to answer. So I sent another email, in which they customer service rep gave what appeared to be a canned response about how the deadline for the rebate had passed. I emailed back in response asking them to read my original emails, but I've still heard nothing. Is there something I can do? I'm especially concerned because I have a batch of other rebates to send in, but I'm not sure I want to spend so much time on all of this.
Thanks so much!

wildman1037
07-25-07, 03:27 PM

Well, I called and can't find Sheitan at any of the FYE around, so I guess I'm good. Thanks for all the intel db27!

oldchuckles
07-26-07, 02:47 AM
DB27 - or others,
I've sent in numerous rebate requests and never had a problem like this before. On the recent promotion, which included The Three Stooges, Wolfgang Peterson, etc., my two rebates were approved, but for a sum significantly less (at least on one) than I should be getting - I can't tell what the items are that weren't given the full rebate amount, because there are two requests, and the website isn't telling me which dvds are included under which rebate tracking number. Anyway, I sent in one email off of their website contact form explaining the problem, with the order numbers, and heard nothing back for longer than the two day period they said it would take to answer. So I sent another email, in which they customer service rep gave what appeared to be a canned response about how the deadline for the rebate had passed. I emailed back in response asking them to read my original emails, but I've still heard nothing. Is there something I can do? I'm especially concerned because I have a batch of other rebates to send in, but I'm not sure I want to spend so much time on all of this.
Thanks so much!

I participated in the same rebate titles that you mentioned (plus other titles). My rebates were forwarded to El Paso, Texas on 6/14. The rebate form said: "Please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery." I think this is a ridiculously long period of time to wait for a rebate, HOWEVER, those are the terms. I intend to stay calm, and wait the 10-12 weeks per the terms. Once I receive my rebates, I will determine if I was short-changed and go from there! It is too early to be second-guessing what may happen!

Rebates are designed to make you buy something you might not otherwise purchase (without the rebate incentive). However, companies know that only 50% of rebates are ever claimed! Accordingly, we must be patient waiting for these rebates to be paid. I hope you made copies of all the documents forwarded to TWEC in the event that something goes wrong with your submission!

Steve
07-26-07, 04:18 PM
I went to FYE last night to take advantage of the Tartan sale.. the ones I wanted were $26!! 2 for $26 + tax didn't seem that exciting to me so I went away empty handed..

$13 is way too much for a DVD nowadays for me. The last time I spent that much was for an R3 Import of a title that is not available in the US...

slipped disc
07-26-07, 05:05 PM
Old Chuckles, thanks for your words of wisdom...I will patiently wait...and yes, I did make copies of everything. Thanks!

db27
07-27-07, 09:52 AM
Old Chuckles, thanks for your words of wisdom...I will patiently wait...and yes, I did make copies of everything. Thanks!

copies are key, u should be fine.

<b>updated to reflect current deals now that the new planner has begun, check back for updates on specific titles and prices<b/>

db

db27
07-31-07, 07:49 AM
300 2 Disc SE is $22.99 and has a $7 MIR plus bonus disk while supplies last
300 single disc is $19.99 and has a $7 MIR plus bonus disk while supplies last
**exclusive leonidas bust for $9.99 with purchase
**get Sin City for $6.99 with purchase
**get The 300 Spartans for $6.99 with purchase
Hot Fuzz is $19.99 and has a $5 MIR

mnementh
07-31-07, 09:16 AM
300 2 Disc SE is $22.99 and has a $7 MIR plus bonus disk while supplies last
300 single disc is $19.99 and has a $7 MIR plus bonus disk while supplies last

Any rebates for the HD-DVD?

Manzana
07-31-07, 10:22 AM
I assume the Sin City DVD for $6.99 is the old version and not the newer 2-DVD director's cut?

Thanks, db27, for continuing to update this thread. I need to rent and watch 300 before I know if it's worth buying. If I like it enough to buy, I hope there will be enough bonus DVDs to last a few days.

Sweet Baby James
07-31-07, 10:59 AM
I assume the Sin City DVD for $6.99 is the old version and not the newer 2-DVD director's cut?

Thanks, db27, for continuing to update this thread. I need to rent and watch 300 before I know if it's worth buying. If I like it enough to buy, I hope there will be enough bonus DVDs to last a few days.
Why not buy it now with the bonus DVD? Keep it sealed until you get a chance to rent it to see if you actually want to own it. FYE gives you 30 days to return for a full refund.

db27
08-01-07, 12:09 AM

indeed single disc version, and in fact the price was changed back to msrp this a.m so the deal is now a YMMV situation.

we only got 20 bonus discs at my store, they were gone today and we are a very low volume store.

Manzana
08-06-07, 11:22 AM
Why not buy it now with the bonus DVD? Keep it sealed until you get a chance to rent it to see if you actually want to own it. FYE gives you 30 days to return for a full refund.
That's what I ended up doing. I got the last copy of the bonus DVD and bought the SE. This weekend I rented the movie, and sadly I thought it was lousy except for the battle sequences... if this was supposed to be based on history, I didn't realize that Lurch, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and the blade-arm mutant (from The Beastmaster, I think) were all part of the Persians' army. I guess they figured the battles were too boring so they'd add some monsters. Why stop there? Where were the orcs and Nazguls?

So back it'll go.

db27
08-06-07, 11:36 AM
That's what I ended up doing. I got the last copy of the bonus DVD and bought the SE. This weekend I rented the movie, and sadly I thought it was lousy except for the battle sequences... if this was supposed to be based on history, I didn't realize that Lurch, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and the blade-arm mutant (from The Beastmaster, I think) were all part of the Persians' army. I guess they figured the battles were too boring so they'd add some monsters. Why stop there? Where were the orcs and Nazguls?

So back it'll go.

Technically speaking it was just based on a comic (graphic novel, book with illustrations, whateves), but the comic was based on a movie called The 300 Spartans from 1961 which was based on history. I don't believe they were going for any kind of realism with this film, just fun. Orcs and Nazguls are in the deleted scenes with Boba Fett. ;)

:) Well, at least you save yourself some cash :)

Manzana
08-06-07, 12:24 PM
db27, thanks for the background on the movie 300. I guess I shouldn't have been expecting much accuracy. I'll get the money I spent back on a gift card.

I assume you'll be updating this thread tonight? Are there any deals on The Simpsons S10 (normal box)? Online FYE once advertised $34.99 - $10 MIR. If that's true in-store, $34.99 - 10% - $10 MIR is about $21.

db27
08-06-07, 01:11 PM
yessir, i'll have this updated after work today so around 10pm EST.

db27
08-06-07, 08:57 PM
updated for tomorrows releases, added some $12.99 Box sets

Sweet Baby James
08-06-07, 09:41 PM
^

Thanks, it is appreciated. Keep up the good work!

awlez18
08-06-07, 11:24 PM
just wondering does anyone know if that $10 boxset sale will ever go on again?

db27
08-07-07, 07:41 AM
just wondering does anyone know if that $10 boxset sale will ever go on again?

My guess is yes, it was very successful. Our promo's change out every three weeks. Keep your eyes locked on this thread for continuing updates. Also, lots of good Buy one get one half offs right now with great sale pricing and no rebates.

db27
08-12-07, 10:51 AM
Updated for the 14th New Releases, planner changes out on Thursday the 16th and I am on vacation so I won't be updating until next weekend at the earliest.

I know that a BUY 2 Get 1 Free is coming, just don't know the details. Enjoy.