Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Untitled J.J. Abrams Project "Cloverfield" 1-18-08 Thread.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Untitled J.J. Abrams Project "Cloverfield" 1-18-08 Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-07, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The AICN blurb above is basically on point. We'll find out more at comic-con.
Old 07-05-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if you do a google search for voltron movie there is an MTV article that comes up talking about the trailer and a tidbit that supposedly the 2008 Voltron movie will take place in Manhattan
Old 07-05-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Saw the trailer on the big screen today. I'm looking forward to it. I liked the shot of the Statue of Liberty head falling on the road.
Old 07-05-07, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by al_bundy
if you do a google search for voltron movie there is an MTV article that comes up talking about the trailer and a tidbit that supposedly the 2008 Voltron movie will take place in Manhattan
That's this article, and the Voltron stuff was just quoting someone on the Internet. We didn't say it takes place in Manhattan, the Internet dude did.
Old 07-05-07, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BJacks
That's this article, and the Voltron stuff was just quoting someone on the Internet. We didn't say it takes place in Manhattan, the Internet dude did.

"It's 'Voltron' for a number of reasons," argued aztecsaxwarrior, referencing a supposed big-screen version of another '80s cartoon. "Some feel the line yelled out in the trailer is 'It's a lion!' as opposed to 'It's alive!' Also, one of the writers for the Voltron movie, in an interview, has already indicated 'Voltron' will take place in Manhattan.".
Old 07-05-07, 09:23 PM

The quotes around that graf are because we're quoting the guy named "aztecsaxwarrior." It's just one of the many dubious online rumors that we collected in that article. The truth of the film lies much closer to the AICN post.
Old 07-05-07, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/ apparently is part of their campaign.

Dunno why Paramount is so hard on bootlegs of that teaser.
Old 07-05-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/ apparently is part of their campaign.

Dunno why Paramount is so hard on bootlegs of that teaser.

Hmm pretty interesting about your post

...war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star's rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape.
Old 07-05-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
http://trekmovie.com/2007/07/05/cloverfield-trailer/

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/news.php?id=6573
Old 07-05-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From the official 1-18-08 website...

Now, if you notice, between the two girls...

It appears to be a small creature of some sort, perhaps with a tail reaching down to the end of the picture. By zooming in, you can make out a triangular face, with two large ears, as well as a rather "normal" face: eyes, nose, mouth. There also seems to be a tiny body of some sort.

Now, I realize everything I have just posted may be a bit skewed, seeing as though I am quite tired, and my veins are running on little more than a single-malt Scotch and some popcorn.
Old 07-05-07, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Hmm pretty interesting about your post

...war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star's rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape.
So possibly a movie about The End Times?
Old 07-05-07, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
1:14min
GIRL: "What it is it, is it coming this way?"
GUY: "fast garble.....look at the size of the light, it's huge"

Don't think 'lion' is what is being said.

As for the photo.Wonder if 12:36A is some sort of clue?
Old 07-06-07, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...=Matthew+12:36
Old 07-06-07, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like the makings of an Alternate Reality Game, similar to I Love Bees, 'Art is Resistance', The Lost Experience, and a few others.

You can read about the premiere ARG company, 42 Entertainment. And read/watch the videos of the work they do .
Old 07-06-07, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
http://www.ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/

I'm going to guess it has something to do with Cthulhu. Or at the very least I can hope for something like that.
Old 07-06-07, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Its not Voltron, that movie is already in the works.

I initially thought Godzilla when I heard the sound...but then I was thinking it would be pretty damn hard to keep a new movie in that franchise a secret. Then when I read that this movie was low budget I ruled out Godzilla.

What ever it is the marketing campaign is working damn well so far. All this speculation and it doesnt come out for months.

Got me thinking...wouldn't it be crazy if this, or some future movie, was kept so underwraps that no one knew anything about it until the day it opens. Imagine the hype! I know its impossible but that would just be nuts if choppy home movies is all we see of this until right up to the release date.
Old 07-06-07, 06:02 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
http://www.ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/

I'm going to guess it has something to do with Cthulhu. Or at the very least I can hope for something like that.
The Cthulhu comment seems to have come from someone not associated with the blog, just a reader. I would love a movie with a giant Lovecraft-inspired creature (because the one in Hellboy just isn't enough to sate my hunger).

Either way, these websites have got me way more excited than that trailer. But I'm a sucker for ARG.

Edit: Now I notice that several of the Cthulhu comments are from a poster called Abdul Alhazred, which is the name of the Mad Arab that wrote the dreaded Necronomicon in Lovecraft's writing. This user has been on blogspot since...July 2007. So now I'm slightly more inclined to believe that the film itself could very well be Cthulu related.

Last edited by Supermallet; 07-06-07 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-06-07, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is some newly updated info on IMDB

its not Godzilla. Sony owned the rights til 2003, when they then reverted back to Toho. This movie is being made by Paramount. They would have to have bought the rights and that would have been public by now.

its not The Host remake. Again, this is a Paramount project. The Host remake is Universal

its not Voltron either. Voltron is Universal. They also mention the Voltron rumors only started because the line 'Its alive! Its huge' in the trailer is misinterpreted as 'Its a lion! Its huge'

they also mention 1/18/08 is the approximate date for the new season of Lost!! A point is also made that the monster in the trailer sounds a lot like the smoke monster on Lost.

Anyways, I hope they keep this a mystery for a long time
Old 07-06-07, 06:55 AM
Banned by request

I hope to god this has nothing to do with Lost.
Old 07-06-07, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

looks like the hype machine is running at full speed
Old 07-06-07, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i think its Rosie O Donnell monster movie
Old 07-06-07, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
i think its Rosie O Donnell monster movie
Wasnt that already a South Park episode?
Old 07-06-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is becoming weirder and weirder... check out this link for new sites that have just launched... This more complicated than a simple monster movie...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21766
Old 07-06-07, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
The Cthulhu comment seems to have come from someone not associated with the blog, just a reader. I would love a movie with a giant Lovecraft-inspired creature (because the one in Hellboy just isn't enough to sate my hunger).

Either way, these websites have got me way more excited than that trailer. But I'm a sucker for ARG.

Edit: Now I notice that several of the Cthulhu comments are from a poster called Abdul Alhazred, which is the name of the Mad Arab that wrote the dreaded Necronomicon in Lovecraft's writing. This user has been on blogspot since...July 2007. So now I'm slightly more inclined to believe that the film itself could very well be Cthulu related.
All I have to say to you is that Sometimes I doubt your commitment to sparkle motion, mister!

Never doubt me again.
Old 07-06-07, 08:25 AM
Banned by request

Now, Jack, that is just your fear manifesting itself. Do you see this? This is an Anger Prisoner. A textbook example.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.