Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Not receiving acount confirmation emails

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 06-30-07, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a member here for years under the username Smath but have not been active on the forums for a couple of years. On Wednesday of this week, I attempted to post a message in the exchange forum but decided to update my email address beforehand. Big mistake. I never received the confirmation email, so I sent it again. And again. And again. And again...

So, I decided to create a new account (this one) with a different email. Same result. No confirmation email after multiple attempts. So, I create a third account with another email address. Same result.

FINALLY, this morning, I received ONE confirmation email for this new account. Nothing for the password change for the original account and nothing for the other new account I create. Just one for this account.

The email is not being blocked or filtered at any of the addresses I have used. Also, I have sent multiple email requests via the Contact Us link and by emailing forum@dvdtalk directly, and have received no responses. Can someone please help me get my original account updated properly?

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 06-30-07, 09:50 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I'll look into it and deactiviate the new accounts you started since users are allowed only one account.
Old 06-30-07, 10:28 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the activation email and re-activated my main account. Thanks!

I can't find the message I posted in the DVD Exchange forum this morning....I suppose that went away when my new account was disabled?
Old 06-30-07, 10:46 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Yes, you need to repost it under your existing account.