Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Where is Greg Araki's NOWHERE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is Greg Araki's NOWHERE?

I'm not a huge fan of this movie, but someone had a VHS copy of it in college and it got quite a lot of viewings just for the "wtf" factor. It does have a slew of big names and cameos in it. Is there any reason this was never released on dvd?
Old 06-29-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This was one of several MIA titles that led me to get a region-free player back in 2003, when I picked up the R2 release from amazon.co.uk.

(There's a R1 release of DOOM GENERATION scheduled for August, so perhaps the missing Araki titles will finally show up>)
Old 06-29-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love this movie and think its Arakis best film of the ones I've seen! I think it's way better than The Doom Generation in terms of both filmmaking and entertainment value.

I've been wishing for a widescreen dvd for years. But nothing seems happening in that area,which is highly disappointing. If anyone knows where I could find the widescreen laserdisc. I'd really appreciate it!

That Doom Generation rerelease I'm not going to get my hopes up with yet. Since there is a huge chance it is just a reissue of the current crappy pan & scan release with a new cover. So until reviews and information is available on it. I'm not going to get excited.
Old 06-29-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marty888
This was one of several MIA titles that led me to get a region-free player back in 2003, when I picked up the R2 release from amazon.co.uk.

(There's a R1 release of DOOM GENERATION scheduled for August, so perhaps the missing Araki titles will finally show up>)

There was a Trimark R1 release of The Doom Generation back in 2000. I bought it at best buy.

I ran into James Duval at a party awhile back and asked him if Nowhere was ever going to be released on dvd here, he said Gregg had told him they were trying to, and wanted them to do commentaries for it. He also told me that they were gonna release Doom Generation in widescreen, and that it had been bought by Lionsgate or something.
Old 06-29-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by SPiRAL
He also told me that they were gonna release Doom Generation in widescreen, and that it had been bought by Lionsgate or something.

According to this the new release seems to be full screen.
Old 06-29-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just asked on lionsgates forum. But it's been spammed with crappy spam ads by some idiot. So whether the mods see my thread or it gets buried under the spam remains to be seen. But I directly assked if it was WS or not,and pointed out the huge ripoff that was their Freeway reissue. Which said was 16.9 enhanced, when it was just a direct copy of the previous non-16.9 dvd.
Old 07-02-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the responses everyone. I guess its just another title I'll have to hope for. I currently have a widescreen version tivo'ed from Sundance channel, so I suppose that will hold me off until a proper release comes along.
Old 07-02-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
I just asked on lionsgates forum. But it's been spammed with crappy spam ads by some idiot. So whether the mods see my thread or it gets buried under the spam remains to be seen. But I directly assked if it was WS or not,and pointed out the huge ripoff that was their Freeway reissue. Which said was 16.9 enhanced, when it was just a direct copy of the previous non-16.9 dvd.
Yeah, I have the original FS release of "Doom Generation" and was burnt by their crap "Freeway" rerelease. I won't get burnt again.
Old 07-02-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JackBurton
I currently have a widescreen version tivo'ed from Sundance channel, so I suppose that will hold me off until a proper release comes along.

Same here broseph.
Old 07-03-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
I've been wishing for a widescreen dvd for years.
Hi,

Did not see this thread earlier....

The Australian disc is in the proper 1.85:1 ratio, anamorphic, and of very decent quality.

Ciao,
Pro-B