DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : License to Wed Trailer

modfather
06-26-07, 11:17 AM
Ok, I'll admit I'm not a fan (since Mork and Mindy, anyway) of Robin William's comedy, but I think I'll jump off a bridge if I have to see this trailer again. I enjoy him in dramatic roles (and I loved his Genie voiceovers for Aladdin), but his comedy -> :horse:

Do people still love his humor? Are people going to see this?

Don't we all know exactly what's going to happen in this movie already? I do wonder if we'll get to hear the "father" rap. That should be funny...a rapping priest...ha...

Yavin
06-26-07, 11:32 AM
I'm just sort of disappointed to see John Krasinski being typecast in a "Jim" type role in this one (it sure looks that way from the trailer, and it doesn't help that the actor who plays "Kevin" on The Office has a part in this as well).

EdTheRipper
06-26-07, 11:46 AM
I'm not a huge Robin Williams fan but I'd see this on video.

DVD Josh
06-26-07, 11:53 AM
I'm just sort of disappointed to see John Krasinski being typecast in a "Jim" type role in this one (it sure looks that way from the trailer, and it doesn't help that the actor who plays "Kevin" on The Office has a part in this as well).

Welcome to Matthew Perry's film career.

Yavin
06-26-07, 11:55 AM

And David Schwimmer, and Matt LeBlanc, and Ray Romano ...

Greg MacGuffin
06-26-07, 10:35 PM
I saw the preview in front of Knocked Up the other day. It looks like an abomination.

In retrospect, however, I found it funny that it played in front of a movie which contained the line of dialogue, "You look like Robin Williams' knuckles."

God, I loved Knocked Up.

Troy Stiffler
06-27-07, 02:01 AM

Ouch. Haha. I was thinking "good for Jim" the first time I saw the trailer. But comparing him to Perry seems pretty fitting, and kind of a bummer.

I think the movie looks OK. It is what it is. I'll watch it sometime.

Trevor
07-21-07, 12:32 PM
Wow, what an awful movie.

As much as I love John Krasinski in The Office, all he did was play Jim here. I hope he'll be a good actor someday, but he and Mandy Moore need some work/practice. The script wasn't great of course, but with more polished leads it might have been mediocre instead of awful.

JPRaup
07-21-07, 12:35 PM
Trevor sums up my thoughts

fumanstan
07-21-07, 01:37 PM
I caught this with my girlfriend a week ago since she really likes Mandy Moore. I ended up annoyed the whole time over what the guy had to deal with, although the end was kind of sweet.