Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Cheapest price for X-Files slim sets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-07, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheapest price for X-Files slim sets?

I recently bought X-Files S1-4 during the BB $20 sale. I am kicking myself for not buying the whole series; thus, was wondering if anyone knew of any good deals on S5-9? Any help would be appreciated. Maybe someone picked up extras during the sale (Thugh that would be better of a request for the trading forum)? Thanks!
Old 06-23-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, there was a $10 off FOX sets coupon that allowed them to be purchased that week for $10 a piece. But I probably shouldn't tell you that because you'll probably also start punching yourself.
Old 06-23-07, 08:47 AM

I actually tried it several times, but they wouldn't take it. >.
Old 06-23-07, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Well, there was a $10 off FOX sets coupon that allowed them to be purchased that week for $10 a piece. But I probably shouldn't tell you that because you'll probably also start punching yourself.
Well that $10 off coupon could still be used today to reduce the in store price. I'm not sure if that is the best deal out there even with $10 off of each set though.
Old 06-23-07, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Costco has them from time to time for $24.
Old 06-23-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

it'd be about $25+tax with the $10 off from retail. They were $20 last week even without the coupoin.
Old 06-23-07, 02:48 PM

You could just hold off alittle bit. The $20 on all Fox TV DVD Sale is nothing new and likely to show up again before to long. I bought Season 1-5 last week and am just going to enjoy them slowly and figure to pick up the rest when this sale hits again somewhere later this summer or in the fall.

PS - I would have bought them all as well if the $10 OFF coupon would have worked for me but the General Manager at my local Best Buy must be more competent than some. None of the employees at my local store were going to even going to think about giving me the $10 OFF on top of the sale price.
Old 06-23-07, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr Bear1116
I recently bought X-Files S1-4 during the BB $20 sale. I am kicking myself for not buying the whole series; thus, was wondering if anyone knew of any good deals on S5-9? Any help would be appreciated. Maybe someone picked up extras during the sale (Thugh that would be better of a request for the trading forum)? Thanks!
Costco Canada has every season at $19.99 each.
Old 06-24-07, 01:37 PM

I heard suggestions about Costco as a source; however, I do not have a membership and have no interest in paying $100 for one. The BB website and stors list the sets as $41.99, so the coupon would lower it to 31.99, not 25.99.

Originally Posted by Vendetta-AKK
You could just hold off alittle bit. The $20 on all Fox TV DVD Sale is nothing new and likely to show up again before to long. I bought Season 1-5 last week and am just going to enjoy them slowly and figure to pick up the rest when this sale hits again somewhere later this summer or in the fall.

PS - I would have bought them all as well if the $10 OFF coupon would have worked for me but the General Manager at my local Best Buy must be more competent than some. None of the employees at my local store were going to even going to think about giving me the $10 OFF on top of the sale price.
I was unaware that this sale reoccurs from time to time. Before last week, when was the last time the sale had been on? I am curious of the approximate timetable until the next, based upon previous sales.
Old 06-26-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought Seasons 1-3 at $19.99, and I'm also a little upset with myself that I didn't buy at least a few more seasons - as I'm enjoying the show a lot. I'm going to keep my eyes open for another $20 sale.