Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Marvel premiere Classic HCs. Anyone getting them?

MBoyd
06-22-07, 08:49 PM
I started buying the variant editions of these since those were the ones numbered. Thought it was kind of a cool little HC collection.

Is the last one Weapon X? I don't recall seeing any others since. But I could be wrong. Just wondered if anyone knew.

I got some plastic book covers and my project is to wrap everything up tonight.

bishop2knight
06-23-07, 10:43 AM
I think Marvel is done with these. Or so it seems. There are five so far, with Weapon X being the latest. But that came out months ago, and they've released plenty of "older" premiere hardcovers that would've fit into the "classics" branding, so this series of books might be finished already.

stingermck
06-23-07, 10:52 AM
I have Death of The Staceys and Kravens Last Hunt. I'm hoping they will release the 80's Punisher Mini-series.

kevin75
06-25-07, 12:22 AM
the avengers/defenders war is coming out 9/19.

davidh777
06-25-07, 03:59 PM
the avengers/defenders war is coming out 9/19.

Have fond memories of the story but already have it in the old trade and a couple of B&W Essentials. Is there any new content?

bishop2knight
07-01-07, 06:40 PM
Someone tell me about this Avengers/Defenders War. I've got the first 5 classic HCs, so I'm thinking I'll pick this one up. But honestly, I don't know anything about it.

DataZak
07-01-07, 08:16 PM
Someone tell me about this Avengers/Defenders War. I've got the first 5 classic HCs, so I'm thinking I'll pick this one up. But honestly, I don't know anything about it.

Dr. Strange attempts to save the Black Knight who has been turned into stone. Strange says he needs the Evil Eye which, to make a short story long, has separated into six parts scattered all over the world. So he asks the rest of the Defenders to go to those six locations and retrieve the parts.

Meanwhile, the Avengers are outside Strange's home trying to burst in and rescue the Black Kinight. They think the good doctor is doing nasty, horrible things to the Knight and they want to rescue him.

The Avengers find out about the Defenders' plan to retrieve the six separate parts of the Evil Eye so they too separate and follow the Defenders to the six different locations: Vision and Scarlet Witch vs. Silver Surfer, Iron Man vs Hawkeye (yeah, he's with the Defenders in this mess), Black Panther and Mantis vs. Dr. Strange, Swordsman vs. Valkrie, Cap. America vs. Sub Mariner and Thor vs. Hulk.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you how the Avengers find out about Strange's plan. Loki told them. Yeah, Loki. You see, Dormammu tricked the Defenders into believing that the Evil Eye would help them save the Black Knight. Dormammu just wants the Evil Eye for himself but he can't go to Earth because of something or other. He needs Loki because Loki's mojo can reassemble the Evil Eye parts into one and Dormy can then rule the Universe.

Loki betrays Dormy because he's afraid that after Dormy rules Earth, he might go after Asgard. So that's why he tells the Avengers about the eeviiillll Defenders with their dastardly plan. He's the Prince of Lies, what do you expect? He's also blind in this story.

It all ends with the heroes together fighting Dormammu and Loki while NY city burns.

And that's it. Personally, I don't think I'll be getting the Premiere HC version. It's a stupid fun story and I'm happy with the b&w version in my ESSENTIAL DEFENDERS.