Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

20% off all used CDs & DVDs through 6/28 @ Wherehouse.com!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 06-22-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my email:

For one week only, save 20% on all Used DVDs & CDs! Just use the promo code USEDSALE622 at checkout - but hurry, this offer expires on 6/28/07! Start shopping and saving now!

And don't forget, we also buy your Used Music, Movies & Games, so your next order could be free!

Thanks again for shopping at Wherehouse.com!
Enjoy!
Old 06-22-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

been waiting for this! thx OP! got some credit at wherehouse.com i need to get rid of so hopefully this is my chance to...

Last edited by DVDmaniac14; 06-22-07 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-22-07, 02:16 PM

How are their used discs? Anyone buy from them before?
Old 06-22-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain
I buy from them quite a bit (which is why I'm on their email list), and have always received disks that were just a hair shy of brand-new. I suspect they get a lot of "watched once" trade-ins. Oh, and I've never had a problem with ordering from them either.
Old 06-22-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

same here
Old 06-22-07, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by bwsmom
I buy from them quite a bit (which is why I'm on their email list), and have always received disks that were just a hair shy of brand-new. I suspect they get a lot of "watched once" trade-ins. Oh, and I've never had a problem with ordering from them either.
Ditto.

I got a defective CD from them once, the exchange process was painless.
Old 06-22-07, 04:40 PM

Too bad shipping cost is so high here. Any chance that there might be a free shipping coupon which could be stacked with this deal?
Old 06-22-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by arock99
when you guys say the dvds are in good condition i'm assuming in their original cases?
Absolutely, and usually the cases are in excellent shape as well.
Old 06-22-07, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Bought Simpons Season 7 (Marge Head) for 28 and change. Not bad considering its become harder to find for some reason and I needed it to complete the collection. Makes me nervous since the packaging is delicate and I've seen them used in stores all jacked up with tape and missing the slipcover.
Old 06-22-07, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I purchased West Wing S7 from them last time. I was dismayed to find that the set was missing disc 5, and it contained GIlmore Girls instead! They immeidately responded to my problem, and gave me a $20 dollar credit! THey are truly a quality retailer.
Old 06-22-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arock99
when you guys say the dvds are in good condition i'm assuming in their original cases?
Ive had bad luck with box sets from them, but good luck with everything else. Multiple seinfelds came without the outer boxes, another set came damaged. They are good about replacing, but if they don't have more, it's a waste of time.
Old 06-22-07, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain
I ordered two used dvd boxed TV sets from them. The discs were fine -- but if it comes in a cardboard box, don't be surprised if its damaged. Both boxes I received were damaged. One box had a flower sticker on it that I had to carefully peel off. Another box looked like a mouse chewed a small hole on the edge.
Old 06-22-07, 08:17 PM

If you guys are looking to rack up some credit, Transworld B&M Stores (FYE, Suncoast, Wherehouse, Sam Goody, etc) are running a 45% store credit bonus when you bring all yours dvds/games/cds in any bag. You can use the credit @ any Transworld B&M store or website.
Old 06-22-07, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bezerker
If you guys are looking to rack up some credit, Transworld B&M Stores (FYE, Suncoast, Wherehouse, Sam Goody, etc) are running a 45% store credit bonus when you bring all yours dvds/games/cds in any bag. You can use the credit @ any Transworld B&M store or website.

So, you get the bonus so long as you bring the dvd's in a bag? That's a weird promotion, I was going to trade some in tomorrow any ways, so hopefully it's true.
Old 06-23-07, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bezerker
HOLY CRAP!!! Seriously?!?! If that's for real, I'm headed there tomorrow with a duffel bag full! Got any online info about it?

ETA: Okay, I've looked at the various websites and am not finding any info on this whatsoever. Could be regional as opposed to chain-wide?

Last edited by bwsmom; 06-23-07 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-23-07, 03:23 AM
Cool New Member

Decent price on a used copy of the now OOP(?)/HTF 6-disc Die Hard Ultimate Collection box if you hadn't picked it up (as I hadn't).
Old 06-23-07, 04:04 AM
Cool New Member

I've received damaged "sealed" DVDs from them before. They corrected the problem, but it felt a bit accusatory, making me not want to order from them again.
Old 06-23-07, 07:06 PM

That 45% store credit bonus thing must definitely be a local promo. My local suncoast does not have this promo.
Old 06-23-07, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nhoff
That 45% store credit bonus thing must definitely be a local promo. My local suncoast does not have this promo.
I agree. Hey Bezerker - what part of the country are you in?
Old 06-23-07, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
So, you get the bonus so long as you bring the dvd's in a bag? That's a weird promotion, I was going to trade some in tomorrow any ways, so hopefully it's true.
I just traded in some old titles that I have since been upgraded to SE's at a local FYE and ended up with $106 in store credit. The way the 45% worked there was...You put your trade-ins in this brown bag they had up at the counter for an extra 20% on your trade-ins (store credit only). The other 25% comes from the fact that if you take store credit instead of cash, it is 25% more.
Old 06-24-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Which stores usually pay the most in credit with this promotion?
Old 06-24-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by clintilona
I just traded in some old titles that I have since been upgraded to SE's at a local FYE and ended up with $106 in store credit. The way the 45% worked there was...You put your trade-ins in this brown bag they had up at the counter for an extra 20% on your trade-ins (store credit only). The other 25% comes from the fact that if you take store credit instead of cash, it is 25% more.
That's cool and all, but as I asked Bezerker, what part of the country are you in? I suspect the "bag" thing may be regional.
Old 06-24-07, 12:36 PM

I am in Michigan
Old 06-24-07, 03:08 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts
Suncoast / FYE (B&M / YMMV)

Fill This Bag & Get 20% MORE for Your USED DVDs/CDs/Video Games Trade-In

The trade-in paper bags were found by the entrance display rack of which they place their store ads. The paper bag also states "Is your bag overflowing? Grab another bag. Any bag and we'll still honor the deal."

We reserve the right to refuse USED DVDs, CDs, or Games not found in our database. All trades are subjected to store manager's approval. No dealers. Promotional items not accepted.

Quantities are not limited. A State Driver's License, State I.D. or either valid photo I.D. is required for each person trading the used product. Trade-in offer not valid online. Offer expires 7/18/07.
Old 06-24-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
Fill This Bag & Get 20% MORE for Your USED DVDs/CDs/Video Games Trade-In

The trade-in paper bags were found by the entrance display rack of which they place their store ads. The paper bag also states "Is your bag overflowing? Grab another bag. Any bag and we'll still honor the deal."

We reserve the right to refuse USED DVDs, CDs, or Games not found in our database. All trades are subjected to store manager's approval. No dealers. Promotional items not accepted.

Quantities are not limited. A State Driver's License, State I.D. or either valid photo I.D. is required for each person trading the used product. Trade-in offer not valid online. Offer expires 7/18/07.
You ROCK!!! Thank you very much for posting that!! Now, to see if my local shops will bite....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.