TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ice Road Truckers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 10:00 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ice Road Truckers

Did anyone catch this on The History Channel Sunday? It kind of reminded me of The Deadliest Catch, but in Trucks on Ice Roads.
Old 06-19-07, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a former truck driver,there is no way I would do this, either before or after watching this show. I know alot of drivers and overall, they are a little crazier than most, but these guys are even a little crazier than that. Just the thought of breaking through the ice and death being almost a sure thing would keep me away. I did like the line about how alot of rookies make their first run and won't even drive back down, but rather want to be flown out of there.
Old 06-19-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
The part where the rookie was driving in the blinding snow, unable to see the truck in front of him in their convoy, was scarry as hell. No f'ing way, I'd do that.
Old 06-20-07, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
The part where the rookie was driving in the blinding snow, unable to see the truck in front of him in their convoy, was scarry as hell. No f'ing way, I'd do that.
I saw some of that on a preview. Looked crazy.

There was actually a show about this same exact thing not too long ago on one of the science/history channels. It showed how the road is made each year - crazy!