DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Tales From The Crypt (1972) on Sept 11.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-07, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tales From The Crypt (1972) on Sept 11.

from DVDDrive-in.com:
Quote:
We just got word that Fox has a slew of classic horror DVDs which will be released on September 11 as part of their Halloween promotion. These include double feature sets of TALES FROM THE CRYPT (1972)/VAULT OF HORROR (1973), CHOSEN SURVIVORS/THE EARTH DIES SCREAMING (directed by Terence Fisher), DEVILS OF DARKNESS/WITCHCRAFT (1964, starring Lon Chaney Jr.), BLUEPRINT FOR MURDER/MAN IN THE ATTIC and THE FLY CLASSIC COLLECTION (SRP $39.99) which will feature re-releases of the original THE FLY and RETURN OF THE FLY, as well as the home video premiere of CURSE OF THE FLY. Many of the titles here have never been available on home video in the U.S. before! The double features will retail for around $14.98 each, but will probably sell in stores or online for less. More details and cover art to follow…

I've been waiting for "Tales" for the longest time.And on a double-feature with "Vault of Horror" no less.And will be picking up the Fly set as well.How do you like your clots?
Old 06-17-07, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very cool. I'll be getting the Tales/Vault double feature.
Old 06-17-07, 07:19 AM

cool... the FLY series for me
Old 06-17-07, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Very cool. I'll be getting the Tales/Vault double feature.
Ditto.
Old 06-17-07, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

great news! tales from the crypt was always high on my want list. as said b4 it will be an awesome double feature with vault.
Old 06-17-07, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hope we get the uncut VAULT OF HORROR.
Old 06-17-07, 08:01 AM

Delighted about Tales. I hope we start hearing about some more Halloween releases soon.
Old 06-17-07, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Hope we get the uncut VAULT OF HORROR.
Ah, now perhaps you can enlighten me on this. I assumed that the versions I have seen were cut because of two things: first, the "blood on tap" bit which seems to freezeframe and end very abruptly making it look as though there should be more. Second, at the very end, I have seen stills from the film showing the characters seen from the front and revealed as the walking dead, whereas I;ve never seen that in the movie; just their backs as they walk into the mist and vanish..

Is that correct? Or are there more cuts?
Old 06-17-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, 9/11 is getting to be out of control. I'll be picking all of these up along with a ton of other goodies.
Old 06-17-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
Man, 9/11 is getting to be out of control. I'll be picking all of these up along with a ton of other goodies.
9/11 will be a day that won't be soon forgotten.
Old 06-17-07, 01:39 PM

Great news, I caught Tales From The Crypt on television years ago and have been wanting it for a long time now.
Old 06-17-07, 02:15 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Excellent news indeed!
Old 06-17-07, 02:55 PM

I definately will pick up the tales dvd.
Old 06-18-07, 06:11 AM
Suspended

September 11 is shaping up to be a damn fine day. I don't like the $40 price tag for The Fly movies, so I may just get the OOP DF on Ebay when the new set comes out. It's sure to go for significantly less then.

I'll get The Burning and Vault of Horror/Tales From the Crypt when they come out. Anything else can wait for the DDD sale in November. It'll be hard to not get Witchfinder General and whatever other Midnite Movies that may come out, but waiting makes me get more DVDs and I have about $600 worth of DVDs from this DDD sale to watch, not to mention the insane amount of unwatched stuff I already have.
Old 06-18-07, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nebiroth
Ah, now perhaps you can enlighten me on this. I assumed that the versions I have seen were cut because of two things: first, the "blood on tap" bit which seems to freezeframe and end very abruptly making it look as though there should be more. Second, at the very end, I have seen stills from the film showing the characters seen from the front and revealed as the walking dead, whereas I;ve never seen that in the movie; just their backs as they walk into the mist and vanish..

Is that correct? Or are there more cuts?
As far as I'm aware, that still (also on a lobby card) was never included in any cut of the film. It may have been just a promotional photo, although that seems like a lot of make-up work to do so.

I have the UK Vipco dvd and comparing it to a 'US' version that ran on FMC around 4 years back, the only differences I can remember are the Odds & Ends jar at the end of 'The Neat Job' and the tap in the neck shot, but there may be more. IMDB indicates the Vipco release also has more of Terry Thomas' hammer death (blood squirting and falling out of frame), but I do not remember seeing this when I watched it (1st release with the hand coming out of the crypt for cover art). I remember TBS or TNT running 'Vault' some years back, but I always turned them on towards the end, so I'm not sure if they had any other footage.

In any case, I've yet to see 'Vault' in decent quality and I hope Fox really cleans it up, and releasing the original cuts of both films would be nice.
Old 09-10-07, 02:19 PM

one more day