Reload this Page >

Andy Griffith The Complete Series Dvd Set = Awful

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 06-16-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm really getting tired of these mega complete season sets being housed in awful packaging. I was really looking forward to receiving my set from DDD.
The cover art looked really cool.

Yet, it was an instant disappointment when I got the set in the mail. The packaging is very flimpsy with cheap cardboard box to hold the seasons. Each season is housed in a cardboard fold out. No plastic dvd holders. Instead, you slide the dvd in and out of a cardboard pouch. Hence, easy stratching. Also, I can not find the promised bonuses such as Return to Mayberry. What disc has these bonuses?
Old 06-16-07, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took this from amazon.com

Old 06-17-07, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with dvdjunkie32, The Discs are horribly packaged. I know plastic trays the odd time to have floaters but come on how often do they actually get loose.
Complete series sets should be a chance to improve on the mistakes they made when they were releasing the seasons ind. (like adding bonus features, etc..) not fucking it up even more.
Althrough it may look good all in one pack, it doesn't always mean its going to work good, most people that buy DVDs you know---want to watch em'.
I think paramount was just trying to copy the M*A*S*H martinis & medicine Disc layout but obviously paramount didn't know that hardly anyone likes the way that sets discs were packaged.
Old 06-17-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not in the market to buy this (I was just mildly curious about the full series set to click on the thread) but I agree with those that do not like the packaging. I do not like DVD packaging that reminds me of DVD wallets where you slide your discs in a pocket. Wallets might be fine for CDs I burn on my computer, but I'd never use it for serious long term storage of things I wanted to keep as a collector.
Old 06-17-07, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just wondering when they are planning on making the Return to Mayberry bonus disc available to all the real hard core fans who bought the individual sets as they were released. I think it was a real kick in the teeth for the true Ang fans. Like getting hit on the fingers with a ruler by Miss Crump!.

Dan
Old 06-21-07, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts
I wish they would package all the the B&W season together in one setup with a Bonus Disc of Don Knoots color episode appearances, Plus "The Return to Mayberry" reunion movie.