Reload this Page >

M*A*S*H Martinis & Medicine collection is back

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 06-14-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might have been covered in the DD 20% off threads. If it's been given a thread of its own somewhere, let me know and I'll nuke this one.

Anyhow, I was at Best buy yesterday and saw that they had 3 copies of the collection, but they were priced at $199.99. Today I hit Deep Discount and they have it back up for sale at $147.38 before the 20% discount, listed as in stock.
Old 06-14-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And is it true that people have been paying $300 for this on e-bay?

Patience is a virtue. It wasn't OOP very long...
Old 06-14-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I bought one last week at DVD Planet for $103. And let me tell you, it feels great.
Old 06-14-07, 02:10 PM
Banned

It was talked here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....inis++Medicine

Costco had it at the beggining of May for around $120
Old 06-14-07, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd like to purchase it, but am leery of scratched discs, as many have reported with this set. I am tempted to acquiring the series in the regular dvd cases as an alternative, but that will cost more to do so. Has anyone who bought this set received scratch-free discs?
Old 06-14-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
It was talked here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....inis++Medicine

Costco had it at the beggining of May for around $120
Yeah, I remembered a Costco thread, but I think that we were wondering if it was just a Costco thing or if it was back in stock everywhere - and now it seems that it's going to be back everywhere.

Got mine during the last DD sale, thankfully.
Old 06-15-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

sure it's back, just a month after I bought all the seasons ind. & the 3 disc bonus DVD. It costed me about $400.00's total which isn't horrible for 11 seasons and a bonus disc set.
At least the upside to buying the seasons ind. is that the discs don't get scratched when you want to actually you know-watch the things.
I've already watched 7 seasons and I'm working on season 8. Still remains one of the greatest TV shows in history & I really don't regret paying a little bit more for such a great show.
Old 06-15-07, 11:19 AM

I remember seeing a copy on hold at HMV and asked the guy how much it was. He told me it "was the last set" in Canada and some guy bought it for $350.
Old 06-15-07, 12:44 PM

I own it and I am not happy with the scratched discs. Im on Season 7 right now and so far they have been playing well, but the scratches on the discs are noticable from the poor packaging slip style sleeves. I had a couple hiccups along the way, but nothing major. I would prefer the ind. seasons if i could go back in time.
Old 06-16-07, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I own it and I am not happy with the scratched discs. Im on Season 7 right now and so far they have been playing well, but the scratches on the discs are noticable from the poor packaging slip style sleeves. I had a couple hiccups along the way, but nothing major. I would prefer the ind. seasons if i could go back in time.
I feel bad that you regret buying the set but on one positive note you made me & the people who like me spent more money in the end buying all the seasons ind. feel alot better.
Usually releasing a complete series set is a chance to fix the mistakes they mad when the ind. seasons were released but Fox seemed to just make a big mistake with the packaging choice for the complete series set.
Old 06-16-07, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
I feel bad that you regret buying the set but on one positive note you made me & the people who like me spent more money in the end buying all the seasons ind. feel alot better.
Usually releasing a complete series set is a chance to fix the mistakes they mad when the ind. seasons were released but Fox seemed to just make a big mistake with the packaging choice for the complete series set.
Mine arent noticably scratched, they're just poorly authored DVDs. Just an indication, I'm through season 10 and here's the quick notes I've kept of what discs I've had problems with:

s1d1, s1d3
s3d1
s4d1
s7d3 - ep 18, ep 22, ep 24
s8d2
s8d3 - ep 21
s10d1 - ep 4