Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - "K & R" (Part 2 of 3) - 6/14/07

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-07, 05:47 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - "K & R" (Part 2 of 3) - 6/14/07

Looks like more flashbacks tonight.

Spoiler:
Discover how Matt and Danny originally got fired!
Old 06-15-07, 06:49 AM
Suspended

I guess no responses is a bad sign.
Old 06-15-07, 07:11 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I was watching Game 4 of the Finals and missed a good part of this ep. I saw Simon's rant and Jordan's post-op complications, but missed the rest.

I'll catch up on the ep with the online version this weekend.

By the way... CONGRATS SPURS!!!!
Old 06-15-07, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Looks like more flashbacks tonight.

Spoiler:
Discover how Matt and Danny originally got fired!
Didn't they say 'booger' on-air.......?
Old 06-15-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Why are Tom's parents at the studio instead of some sort of military base? It looks like Studio 60 is low enough on cash that it has to do that Veronica Mars trick of explaining what the actors they couldn't afford to include in the episode are doing off-screen. Hell, why is everyone at the studio? To support Tom? I guess I don't get it, especially since...y'know, no one's really with Tom. If they're not going to be anywhere in the general vicinity of the guy, how much support can they offer? His close friends in front of the camera I get, sure, but the guy who holds the cue cards...? Why is he there?

Raging Asshole Doctor was wildly inappropriate, no matter how poorly Danny may have been treating him last time around. Actually, aren't pretty much all of the peripheral characters pricks? The standards and practices guy, the nurse, the captain who's there for 'comfort'...

Why don't they just get Mary Tate to write the show from now on? She's an expert at everything else. Also, why not invite that one reporter inside to Simon's dressing room? How could Simon not know that's exactly what was going to happen? Has he never watched any TV show or movie before, ever?

I still have absolutely zero interest in Tom's one-note subplot, and I don't get why it had to take up half of the final six episodes. Nate did a tremendous job last week, but this seemed like just leftovers of the same performance...no real progression. Nothing new. I preferred the pacing and dialogue this week over last, and it did a much better job juggling the past and present, even if the actual content is kind of lousy. I guess Aaron Sorkin is more comfortable writing The West Wing than Studio 60 since that's pretty much what he's done for two weeks straight.
Old 06-15-07, 11:56 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Hell, why is everyone at the studio? To support Tom? I guess I don't get it, especially since...y'know, no one's really with Tom. If they're not going to be anywhere in the general vicinity of the guy, how much support can they offer? His close friends in front of the camera I get, sure, but the guy who holds the cue cards...? Why is he there?
Well they usually have the wrap party in the studio, so it's not entirely out of the question that they'd all still be there anyway.

But I believe the point in them all staying is to keep everyone away from the press, to avoid what Simon ending up doing.

Last edited by lotsofdvds; 06-15-07 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-15-07, 12:07 PM

I've never seen this show until I saw part of an episode last week, at the very end Matthew Perry's character and the blonde female were arguing about religion and it kept on going back and forth between different timelines about the same fight - thought it was really good. May have to catch up if previous episodes are still online.
Old 06-15-07, 12:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BMan100
I've never seen this show until I saw part of an episode last week, at the very end Matthew Perry's character and the blonde female were arguing about religion and it kept on going back and forth between different timelines about the same fight - thought it was really good. May have to catch up if previous episodes are still online.
It was a really good sequence. However be prepared for the same discussion done not as interestingly about 100 times in just about every episode that came before it.
Old 06-15-07, 01:42 PM
Suspended

At 10 p.m., ABC's NBA coverage posted a 5.9/11 to edge a "Shark" repeat, 5.8/11, on CBS. "Studio 60" delivered a 3.0/6 for NBC.
Old 06-15-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it, even if it didn't progress a whole lot from last week. I wonder what path the show would have taken if it hadn't gotten all "relationshipy" towards the middle.

It seems like the beginning and end were done Sorkin's way, and the middle he just succumbed to all the notes.
Old 06-15-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
The only good part was the flashback PC battle over subject matter.
Old 06-15-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
At 10 p.m., ABC's NBA coverage posted a 5.9/11 to edge a "Shark" repeat, 5.8/11, on CBS. "Studio 60" delivered a 3.0/6 for NBC.

While the numbers have always been bad I have been forcing myself to watch to get closure. But I know a buch of people that just quit watching because it was cancelled.