Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Question

I have been addicted to this game recently but i have a problem. What is the best way to get a lot of gold quickly? I am wanting to buy a house in the game but they all tend to be bloody expensive. I have been storing my items in a house where i killed the owner, but i am sure that things are being taken from the house after i leave them there.

Any help with this matter is appreciated.
Old 06-13-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The arena is definitely an alright way to get some money

not sure if you've gotten that far yet
Old 06-13-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

OK, look at the map in the link. Go to Rockmilk cave (#21) and clean it out. In the last possible room, there is a gang-fight going on & everyone has full armor/magic. You will probably need to make several trips to get all the loot out, but it's worth it. Sell everything you don't want to wear.
Old 06-13-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
The arena is definitely an alright way to get some money

not sure if you've gotten that far yet
Yeah i have been fighting in the arena and i have become the new grand champion. I have had a couple of the weekly fights, but i only have around 4000 gold and i want to buy one of the better houses. I guess i will keep on slugging away and doing quests until my gold builds up.
Old 06-13-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
[img]

OK, look at the map in the link. Go to Rockmilk cave (#21) and clean it out. In the last possible room, there is a gang-fight going on & everyone has full armor/magic. You will probably need to make several trips to get all the loot out, but it's worth it. Sell everything you don't want to wear.
Thats funny that you should send that map. Playing last night i did the quest where you become a Knight after taking on a gang with an female Orc companion. I was pretty close to where you mentioned. I will go there tonight and check it out. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 06-13-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also, if you wait a while, all caves and such will 'reload', which means you can go back in and clean it out again. Depending on your level is what they will be wearing/have. It will eventually have Deadric/glass/etc...
Old 06-13-07, 11:14 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
In an unrelated topic, did they ever release a patch to fix Shivering Isles on 360?
Old 06-13-07, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
In an unrelated topic, did they ever release a patch to fix Shivering Isles on 360?
I finally decided to download the Isles (as I type actually)...what needs fixin'?
Old 06-13-07, 07:01 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Shivering Isles has been patched. As originally released, there was an issue with the way the game was generating Form IDs -- basically, each unique object has a Form ID. Shivering Isles was causing the game to generate far too many. The result was that at a certain point (I believe somewhere around 100 hours of gameplay), the game would run out of Form IDs and objects would start doing weird things (disappearing when dropped, not allowing you to pick them up, etc.)

Anyway, it's been patched, so now not only isn't the game generating excess Form IDs, but it's reusing unneeded Form IDs.
Old 06-13-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the haunted house in Anvil is $5000... i'm decking it out now... after killing the ghost... which wasn't easy... i would suggest you start there...

there is a small fort across from Anvil if you go out the gate down the street past the preacher who is shouting about a mission... leave that gate... take left and go up the hill... that small fort is FULL of valuable stuff... you'll be back at $5000 fast...

the Anvil area is a rich area... in fact... just got ebony armor and the rocksmasher off that guy with the two women, one of whom had a glass claymore... free advice don't complete the rocksmasher quest in the farmhouse for a while as the rocksmasher is a nice weapon and weighs 0... so you can carry more loot...

be aware the second time you go in a given cave the enemies are tougher...
Old 06-14-07, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
the Anvil area is a rich area... in fact... just got ebony armor and the rocksmasher off that guy with the two women, one of whom had a glass claymore... free advice don't complete the rocksmasher quest in the farmhouse for a while as the rocksmasher is a nice weapon and weighs 0... so you can carry more loot...

be aware the second time you go in a given cave the enemies are tougher...
The enemies and loot level with you. Once you hit level 20, every random person will be wearing ebony/glass/deadric. When I did the first fighters guild quest to kill the mt. lions that were eating the rats, the guy had full deadric armor with a deadric claymore.
Old 06-14-07, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
In the map above, keep going to Fort #3. Never bother picking up a cuirass, just grab people's boots, gloves, helmets, and potions. You'll make a dozen or so trips overall, but be friendly with the shop keeper in Leyawiin (the short guy). You should be able to charm him easily.