Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

So You Think You Can Dance-Wed. 6/13-Thurs. 6/14

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So You Think You Can Dance-Wed. 6/13-Thurs. 6/14

Dancer pair up and dance their first performances of the competition.

This is big....I think who you get for a partner can make or break you. Thank goodness you have the solos to save you. I'm sure we are in for some great choreography! Hope we see some Tyce and Wade Robson for sure!
Old 06-13-07, 12:21 PM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
We have a family swimming outing tonight so I'll miss the HD feed... but I'll record the SD feed with ye olde VCR.

Should be interesting.
Old 06-13-07, 09:28 PM

Interesting night. I was totally impressed with Jessi Peralta. She had beautiful lines and danced an effortless waltz. Amazing.
Old 06-13-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Lacey is my favorite at this point. I can't wait to see her do a style that she's used to. I'm also liking Lauren as well.

Since when is Jessi a hip-hop dancer? Why do I get the feeling that when she has to do a hip-hop routine she's going to complain that that's not her style?
Old 06-13-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My rankings after the initial viewing.

1. Anya/Danny - entire routine was hot
2. Sara/Jesus - seemed like a rather difficult routine to start with, but they did quite well with it
3. Lacey/Kameron - do not like the style, but they really threw themselves into it figuratively and literately
4. Jessi/Pasha - again, not a fan of the style, but the routine was very fluid and polished
5. Shauna/Jimmy - had fun watching this one and they really seemed to enjoy working together
6. Sabra/Dominic - fine, nothing that particularly wowed me
7. Lauren/Neil - Lauren was smoking, but the routine was a bit robotic in places especially some of the more difficult moves
8. Jaimie/Hok - Hok was fine, Jamie looked a little out-of-place, not sure how well they will do in a style neither know
9. Faina/Cedric - I do not like Faina and Cedric does not do much for me
10. Ashlee/Ricky - very awkward, especially with the height difference
Old 06-13-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Great night, routine wise, save the usually lame disco routine. Why must we suffer with her each year? She's so bland.
Old 06-14-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ashlee/Ricky's routine looked like some awkward performance from Dancing With the Stars.

Something I noticed that kind of surprised me is how many of the female dancers are very bottom-heavy with very thick thighs. Usually professional dancers are so lean.

Does anyone else think Lacey looks like Lisa Marie Presley?
Old 06-14-07, 12:51 AM

they might have gotten the worst dance, but ricky and ashlee dancing was akward to watch.
Old 06-14-07, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Does anyone else think Lacey looks like Lisa Marie Presley?
For some reason I have always thought Kelly Clarkson.
Old 06-14-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My wife said Lisa Marie too.

Was it just me or does does Shauna have cankles?
Old 06-14-07, 10:19 AM

Sitting behind the choreographers were Benji, Donelle, Travis, Ivan, and Dimitri (l-r).

Good to see them there. Although we know why a few of them are there (family).

Great night last night.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see Lacey's real hair.
Old 06-14-07, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Sitting behind the choreographers were Benji, Donelle, Travis, Ivan, and Dimitri (l-r).

Good to see them there. Although we know why a few of them are there (family).

Great night last night.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see Lacey's real hair.
Next to Domitri was Allison, although she was pretty unrecognizable.
Old 06-14-07, 09:23 PM

goodbye to...

Spoiler:
David and Goliath... aka Ricky and Ashlee.
Old 06-14-07, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
goodbye to...

Spoiler:
David and Goliath... aka Ricky and Ashlee.

Spoiler:
Ricky just bugged me to no end. There was something about him that just didn't sit well with me. Somewhere tonight Mia is pissed.
Old 06-14-07, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
Spoiler:
Ricky just bugged me to no end. There was something about him that just didn't sit well with me. Somewhere tonight Mia is pissed.
And that just makes it all the better....
Old 06-14-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That exit seemed fair to me. They absolutely blew that routine. You can't blame it all on the height difference.

To boot, they weren't very good Dancing for the Lives.

Even though I am not sure why he dropped his drawers, I got way too excited to see Benji. I really love that boy. He makes me happy. Still, it is nice this year there isn't an obvious winner right from the start. It could be anyone.
Old 06-14-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Is it me or do they NEVER break up couples this early in the season...same thing happened last season for 1st eliminations
Old 06-14-07, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've never watched this show before this season, but in the solo dance for the their lives, I was surprised how some of them wasted time, sort posing and strutting. They should be trying to pack as many good moves in that time as possible.
Old 06-15-07, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well my own ranking was right for 2 of the 3 bottom couples. I am sure that the individual support of Lauren and Hok helped their teams remain out of the bottom 3.

I think after the individual dances it was clear that Ashlee would be the one to go. For the guys, I knew their love for Cedric would save him. I really thought that Dominic was going home, but glad to see Ricky go instead.

The singer they brought in was garbage live.

I have never watched the show until this year, but Benji was not that impressive to me.

Can't wait till next week.
Old 06-15-07, 08:41 AM

I was blown away by Sabras solo....

Surprised to see Ricky go, even though he creeped me out, he is an amazing dancer. I think Dominic is very one dimensional.

They really based their decisions on the solos for the night only. Ashlee blew it with those wierd kicks and poses. They didnt do that much last season. They based it on potential and past performances sometimes. I think the talent pool is deeper this time, but the personality factor has yet to come into play.

I hope they dont just pack in tricks for their solos. I would love to see a complete dance full of passion and technique.
Old 06-15-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

God, I really have to learn everyone's names. I don't know how you guys do it so fast. I just think in my mind, "tall girl", "blonde girl", "weird guy", etc...

I agree about Ricky, he's a good dancer but creepy looking. He should have stayed at least one more episode.

I'm rooting for Jessi/Pasha only because they were the only couple that didn't do that stupid holding up their fingers and miming the numbers that voters should call to save them. All the others couples were going crazy with the finger gestures.
Old 06-15-07, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
Spoiler:
definately the hair, and the way he looks at the camera. good riddance.
Old 06-15-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Jadzia
I've never watched this show before this season, but in the solo dance for the their lives, I was surprised how some of them wasted time, sort posing and strutting. They should be trying to pack as many good moves in that time as possible.
Those are the people who are good dancers but bad coreographers....remember, this is the first time thier asked to come up with something ON THIER OWN
Old 06-15-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Big Dave
I have never watched the show until this year, but Benji was not that impressive to me.

Can't wait till next week.
Benji was not only awesome in all his swing solo's, but he NAILED every genre they threw at him...he rocked 2 hip hop routines that were some of the hilights of last season
Old 06-15-07, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ALSO, is it me but is Wade Robson at another freaking level compared to the other coreographers...PLUS...Cedric danced to a SONG by Wade during his solo

Looks like Mary Murphy is gonna be a full time judge this season

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.